Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trump impeached for second time

So, Trump becomes the first president to be impeached twice. On paper, that sounds pretty bad. But we all know he was impeached because the dems didn’t like him. No other reason. An example of how meaningless the second impeachment really is, that I had to actually start a new thread on this, the following day. We have numerous lefty posters here, and none of them thought this was even newsworthy.

I haven’t had the time to read the articles of impeachment that the dems put towards. I saw a headline that he was impeached for inciting a mob. Just curious, has anyone taken the time to read the articles? To find out what he did, to incite a mob? It is easy to get everyone from your party to file charges. But to actually get a conviction in the senate (if that even happens) would require some evidence of a crime.

Re: Trump impeached for second time

“He’s mean”
    There you go, you don’t have to read the articles of impeachment anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

A 2 hour debate after no investigation.

TDS in a nutshell

Am I the only one that thinks all this seems unusually desperate? The guy's leaving office in less than a week yet they really seem intent on going through with this.

Worse, I reviewed Trump's transcript from January 6th and there's nothing explicit or even implicit about using violence, attacking the Capitol, etc. He does say things like we must fight, but it doesn't take long to see the context is about pushing back through debate, legal challenges, etc.

This reminds me of the first impeachment. Yeah it wasn't a "perfect" call as Trump says, but it also wasn't so outrageous that it stands out among all the corrupt things that went unpunished from prior presidents including Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. It seems these theatrics depend on a compliant media to fill the empty space where the supposed scandal is supposed to be. Without media constantly reasserting a false narrative repeatedly and wearing down the reader or viewer, none of these impeachments would have a chance to survive under any basic scrutiny as being legitimate uses of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    “He’s mean”
    There you go, you don’t have to read the articles of impeachment anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think they're legitimately concerned about Trump exposing them in some way. I don't think they'd go this far just because he makes them angry. They sense danger.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks all this seems unusually desperate? The guy's leaving office in less than a week yet they really seem intent on going through with this.

Worse, I reviewed Trump's transcript from January 6th and there's nothing explicit or even implicit about using violence, attacking the Capitol, etc. He does say things like we must fight, but it doesn't take long to see the context is about pushing back through debate, legal challenges, etc.

This reminds me of the first impeachment. Yeah it wasn't a "perfect" call as Trump says, but it also wasn't so outrageous that it stands out among all the corrupt things that went unpunished from prior presidents including Obama, Bush, Clinton, etc. It seems these theatrics depend on a compliant media to fill the empty space where the supposed scandal is supposed to be. Without media constantly reasserting a false narrative repeatedly and wearing down the reader or viewer, none of these impeachments would have a chance to survive under any basic scrutiny as being legitimate uses of the process.
    Not only that. Even those that are hearing voices in the sky, still can’t give samples of bad things. Except the one clown that heard trump say to take pence hostage

Blog Entries

I think they're legitimately concerned about Trump exposing them in some way. I don't think they'd go this far just because he makes them angry. They sense danger.
    Agreed.

I think this was done to keep him from doing anything drastic. IF he does, my guess is it will be last minute.

Even if this impeachment makes it through the senate (it wont) what's stopping Trump from "exposing" whatever it is you're talking about.

I think this would make him more apt to expose something if he has it.

Here's the impeachment article so you can read it. The article starts at the bottom of page 2

https://www.congress.gov/117/bills/h...17hres24ih.pdf

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    Here's the impeachment article so you can read it. The article starts at the bottom of page 2

https://www.congress.gov/117/bills/h...17hres24ih.pdf
    No one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    No one cares.
    Well yeah, that's the big problem with Trumpers. Want to bitch about things that they don't even care to read or try to understand.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    Well yeah, that's the big problem with Trumpers. Want to bitch about things that they don't even care to read or try to understand.
    We understand it was a sham. No investigation, and a 2 hour debate.

People trying to get into the Capitol started over an hour before people from the rally got there. It was planned prior to the 6th. He didn't incite a riot.

What else is there to understand?