Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lamar's Passing

Re: Lamar's Passing

I would love it if we added the screen pass as a regular option in the tool box. I know they aren’t as easy to execute as they look.

Lamar could go 20 for 21 and some dumbass would complain about that one pass!!

Lamar needs to get with Jordan Palmer in the offseason (Same guy who worked with Josh Allen)... if I were Harbaugh I would tell him it's mandatory offseason work, whether they lose to the Bills or win the SB, don't care.

That's no slight on Lamar and his maturation this year, he's done a hell of a job in the latter part of the season. But the mechanics are still iffy, he falls back on a lot of bad habits. I think if he really becomes a technical freak by working with a decorated QB coach that's how he jumps into the Mahomes tier. He's the most naturally gifted QB in the NFL, he has a rocket arm, solid height, and 4.3 speed. But as long as his mechanics remain shotty he will have a ceiling on his passing ability.

dont always go for the home run play and take the easy throw

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    dont always go for the home run play and take the easy throw
    JTO has called him out a couple times across the two playoff games, for NOT taking the shot play when it was there, and instead settling for the easy conservative throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    The INT was the only real blunder. All I want from Lamar as a thrower is to stick to high percentage passes.
    Yeah I think Lamar is an efficient passer, but I don’t ever see him being the prototypical QB that can throw 300+ yards every week.

I think the more specific problem with Lamar isn't his being too conservative or too risky, but rather not taking the throw that requires anticipation; those might be throws Lamar isn't making because he perceives them to be risky (or a lack of trust, in himself or his receivers), but in actuality are not very dangerous if done right. Feels more like a problem that will only be solved next year at this point...

I also think it's reasonable to expect that we see a lamar that is mentally freer this game in comparison to the Titans game. Personal animosity is out, playoff monkey is off his back, he knows the Ravens won't get utterly slammed if they lose; plus, the Titans scheme against us really well, and execute superbly well (despite being not very talented).

This Bills defense incidentally is not much more talented than the Titans...

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    lamar's passing???

Don't f'ing scare me like that again!!!
    Loba???

I thought you changed genders, went back in time, and attempted to set a record flying solo across the ocean

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Lamar needs to get with Jordan Palmer in the offseason (Same guy who worked with Josh Allen)... if I were Harbaugh I would tell him it's mandatory offseason work, whether they lose to the Bills or win the SB, don't care.

That's no slight on Lamar and his maturation this year, he's done a hell of a job in the latter part of the season. But the mechanics are still iffy, he falls back on a lot of bad habits. I think if he really becomes a technical freak by working with a decorated QB coach that's how he jumps into the Mahomes tier. He's the most naturally gifted QB in the NFL, he has a rocket arm, solid height, and 4.3 speed. But as long as his mechanics remain shotty he will have a ceiling on his passing ability.
    I want to see exactly this PLUS asking Aaron Rodgers if he will teach him how to do the hard count fakery. Jeeze he would be unstoppable with correcting his mechanics plus the hard count.

Aaron really likes Lamar and Lamar calls him the GOAT, I bet Aaron would help him if he asked. I just think he would be itching to do it. Aaron wants to be recognized and Lamar recognizes him. Lamar absorbing Aaron material would be incredible.

I seriously think Lamar is an alien freak and the sky is the limit. All he has to decide is how much work he's willing to put in. If he put in super human work he will transform into a God king.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Julius486 View Post
    I think the more specific problem with Lamar isn't his being too conservative or too risky, but rather not taking the throw that requires anticipation; those might be throws Lamar isn't making because he perceives them to be risky (or a lack of trust, in himself or his receivers), but in actuality are not very dangerous if done right. Feels more like a problem that will only be solved next year at this point...

I also think it's reasonable to expect that we see a lamar that is mentally freer this game in comparison to the Titans game. Personal animosity is out, playoff monkey is off his back, he knows the Ravens won't get utterly slammed if they lose; plus, the Titans scheme against us really well, and execute superbly well (despite being not very talented).

This Bills defense incidentally is not much more talented than the Titans...
    No it's related to his mechanics, he's not set to make the throw and the split second it takes to get right the window is closed. He's AMAZINGLY smart in his reads he just needs to get his mechanics set up and you will see him ascend into MVP form that surpasses anyone who's ever played.

I love SF legend's suggested plan above. Get with Jordan Palmer all offseason just retrain himself to reshape his mechanics.

It's like partner dancing, you will never really communicate well enough with your follow until you train your core muscles and dance from your center. Same here he's got to center himself and throw from his center which is already anticipating the throw instead of centering to the throw when he sees it.

I think Lamar's improved play since his Covid time comes from the fact that he is back to being more decisive about what he is doing. Even with his decisions to scramble, to finally run or throw, it all stems back to making the instinctive play which he is tremendous at. As far as throwing the ball goes he gets into trouble sometimes with poor technique but most often when he tries to aim the ball instead of just putting some some heat on the damn thing and just firing it. Some of his passes are in the air too long and miss the open window.