Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Pence calls Nancie’s bluff. Won’t use 25th

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    But you think they should and you want it to happen.
    It doesnt matter what i want its about what will happen

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    It doesnt matter what i want its about what will happen

Yes it does mater what you want, that’s really the whole point of being surprised at someone who took an oath to uphold the constitution that you’d WANT this to happen.

There is prescidence for this look up the Ulysses Grant Situation wih his Sectary of War.

Blog Entries

There is prescidence for this look up the Ulysses Grant Situation wih his Sectary of War.

There’s prescient to remove someone from office who is no longer in office?

Yes it does mater what you want, that’s really the whole point of being surprised at someone who took an oath to uphold the constitution that you’d WANT this to happen.
    This man incited a storming of the Capitol Building trying to change the results of an election he lost. Now i dont agree with the people storming he capitol all of them should be federally prosecuted just like the BLM clowns who did stupid things at federal buildings should. If at the end of the day after everything is interpreted and if they decide to convict or not to convict i will accept that as they used the constitution to make what ever choice they decide

There’s prescient to remove someone from office who is no longer in office?
    Yes thee is prescidence for that

In 1876, Secretary of War William Belknap was investigated by the House for corruption. Just minutes before the House was set to vote on his impeachment, he raced to the White House and handed his resignation to President Ulysses Grant.

The House went ahead and impeached him anyway, and the Senate proceeded to have a trial. A majority voted to convict, but not the two-thirds required, so he was acquitted. The scholars in the second camp point to this example to bolster their argument that even after leaving office, a president could be convicted and barred from holding future federal office.

Blog Entries

This man incited a storming of the Capitol Building trying to change the results of an election he lost. Now i dont agree with the people storming he capitol all of them should be federally prosecuted just like the BLM clowns who did stupid things at federal buildings should. If at the end of the day after everything is interpreted and if they decide to convict or not to convict i will accept that as they used the constitution to make what ever choice they decide

That’s false. The people trying to get in the Capitol started at least 20 minutes before his speech ended 1.5 miles away.

Regardless, the constitution and the impeach clause doesn’t have exceptions. You can’t impeach and remove someone from office who is no longer in office

Blog Entries

Yes thee is prescidence for that

In 1876, Secretary of War William Belknap was investigated by the House for corruption. Just minutes before the House was set to vote on his impeachment, he raced to the White House and handed his resignation to President Ulysses Grant.

The House went ahead and impeached him anyway, and the Senate proceeded to have a trial. A majority voted to convict, but not the two-thirds required, so he was acquitted. The scholars in the second camp point to this example to bolster their argument that even after leaving office, a president could be convicted and barred from holding future federal office.

Just because they tried to do it doesn’t mean it was constitutional.

Check this link fellas it explains alot but as said before with the Ulysses Grant Situation it is possible
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...chment-458506#

Just because they tried to do it doesn’t mean it was constitutional.
    Who says its not constitutional.....You just because you believe its not . Lawyers judges lawmakers all up held this i think they know the constitution better than you do

Blog Entries

Who says its not constitutional.....You just because you believe its not . Lawyers judges lawmakers all up held this i think they know the constitution better than you do

The appeal to authority fallacy.

Read the impeachment clause. It’s basic common sense. If it is to remove someone from office, and they’re no longer in office they can’t be impeached. That should be pretty simple.

The appeal to authority fallacy.

Read the impeachment clause. It’s basic common sense. If it is to remove someone from office, and they’re no longer in office they can’t be impeached. That should be pretty simple.
    In that situation they know the constitution more than you so there are things that they are reading that you may not so i will take their word over yours