Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Pence calls Nancie’s bluff. Won’t use 25th

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    If you think 75 million people voted for Trump because they support the GOP first, you're going to be very surprised.
    Trump wants to retain the dominant position of power within the GOP after he leaves office. There are others in the GOP who do not want that and want to take back that dominant position of power for themselves.

If Trump is barred from running for any public office again and is blocked by major social media outlets, it will be near impossible for him to retain a power position within the GOP. His influence will fade away fairly quickly. That is exactly what the Democrats and establishment Republicans want to have happen. That is why I think there is a decent chance that McConnell will engineer a conviction in the Senate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Re: Pence calls Nancie’s bluff. Won’t use 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Trump wants to retain the dominant position of power within the GOP after he leaves office. There are others in the GOP who do not want that and want to take back that dominant position of power for themselves.

If Trump is barred from running for any public office again and is blocked by major social media outlets, it will be near impossible for him to retain a power position within the GOP. His influence will fade away fairly quickly. That is exactly what the Democrats and establishment Republicans want to have happen. That is why I think there is a decent chance that McConnell will engineer a conviction in the Senate.

He'll join Gab (who 1 million people a day are joining). Parler will be back up and running soon. So Twitter nd Facebook won't have the monopoly on that.

I think Trump may even start his own political party - instead of the GOP, we'll see a MAGP.

Trump has an established following. He could get impeached, start a new party, and the GOP would fade away. Impeaching trump will destroy the GOP. It won’t hurt Trump very much.

Unless the senate hearings actually show evidence of trump inciting violence. Maybe they have some way to record those voices in the sky that some keep hearing.

He'll join Gab (who 1 million people a day are joining). Parler will be back up and running soon. So Twitter nd Facebook won't have the monopoly on that.

I think Trump may even start his own political party - instead of the GOP, we'll see a MAGP.
    I just typed the same thing. I doubt we are the only knew that think this is the next step

Trump holds grudges. If he feels he was attacked, he will fight back.

And no, this isn’t a dog whistle for physical violence.

McConnell won't vote to convict trump he will not be that controversial. I think he should but it wont happen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I just typed the same thing. I doubt we are the only knew that think this is the next step

Trump holds grudges. If he feels he was attacked, he will fight back.

And no, this isn’t a dog whistle for physical violence.
    You said "fight"!!!! You should be put on the no fly list!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    McConnell won't vote to convict trump he will not be that controversial. I think he should but it wont happen

I am undecided on what McConnell will do. McConnell is a creature of the Senate. He just won re-election and probably isn’t going to run again. This may be all about legacy for him.

McConnell doesn’t seem like a guy who wants to spend the next 4 years kissing Trump’s ring. Also, if he doesn’t gather the 17 Republican Senators needed to convict Trump, he will have hung Liz Cheney out to dry. Maybe he will do that, but that means he is ending his decades long friendship with Dick Cheney. I don’t see that happening.

Starting a third party of Trump supporters is a lot easier said than done. The two party system is pretty entrenched in this country. I don’t see that succeeding either.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

You guys are absolutely right about one thing. .....all any of this will do is piss of Trump. He said himself ...”I could murder someone and no one will care” and that’s how his worshipers feel. Dude can do no wrong.

I legit do hope he forms his own political party for a new run in 2024. He should call it MWStGP. I’m sure he’ll win in a landslide. It will be a beautiful win.

Blog Entries

I am undecided on what McConnell will do. McConnell is a creature of the Senate. He just won re-election and probably isn’t going to run again. This may be all about legacy for him.

McConnell doesn’t seem like a guy who wants to spend the next 4 years kissing Trump’s ring. Also, if he doesn’t gather the 17 Republican Senators needed to convict Trump, he will have hung Liz Cheney out to dry. Maybe he will do that, but that means he is ending his decades long friendship with Dick Cheney. I don’t see that happening.

Starting a third party of Trump supporters is a lot easier said than done. The two party system is pretty entrenched in this country. I don’t see that succeeding either.

He's said he wouldn't call an emergency session. So you're wet dream of Trump being impeached is all but dead.

Blog Entries

He's said he wouldn't call an emergency session. So you're wet dream of Trump being impeached is all but dead.
    The opinion piece you posted aside, there are a number of Constitutional scholars who believe that a Senate impeachment trial can occur after Trump leaves office. We will find out which side is correct soon enough.

Blog Entries

The opinion piece you posted aside, there are a number of Constitutional scholars who believe that a Senate impeachment trial can occur after Trump leaves office. We will find out which side is correct soon enough.

How exactly do you remove a President form office who is no longer in office.

Btw - your obsession with Trump is getting kinda creepy.

12. Re: Pence calls Nancie’s bluff. Won’t use 25th

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post

If he did, I wonder how the folks back home in Kentucky would take it (?)