Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Pence calls Nancie’s bluff. Won’t use 25th

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    Actually the conviction in the Senate is what's that's for. To keep him from running again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    You’re missing the point.

He can’t be impeached if he’s no longer in office. If he can’t be impeached cause he’s no longer in office you can’t keep him from running again.

The fact anyone supports and claims moral high ground with what’s going on is laughable. Coming from someone who took an oath to uphold the constitution is very surprising to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

He can’t be impeached if he’s no longer in office. If he can’t be impeached cause he’s no longer in office you can’t keep him from running again.

The fact anyone supports and claims moral high ground with what’s going on is laughable. Coming from someone who took an oath to uphold the constitution is very surprising to me.
    Not to mention the idea that a second impeachment will limit trump from running. This is being pushed by those that fell for an internet troll. I haven’t seen any legal documents that suggest Trump couldn’t run again

Blog Entries

Pence calls Nancie’s bluff. Won’t use 25th

That is not a settled matter. There are Constitutional scholars on both sides of that question of whether a Senate impeachment trial can take place after a President leaves office. The Constitution doesn’t prohibit it, but it is uncharted territory. It will be settled pretty soon though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dirt1; 01-13-2021 at 06:58 PM.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    That is not a settled matter. There are Constitutional scholars on both sides of that question of whether a Senate impeachment trial can take place after a President leaves office. The Constitution doesn’t prohibit it, but it is uncharted territory. It will be settled pretty soon though.

Isn’t sad there are “sides” when it comes to the constitution.

Can we impeach Lincoln for shutting down newspapers in violation of the first amendment?

Blog Entries

Isn’t sad there are “sides” when it comes to the constitution.

Can we impeach Lincoln for shutting down newspapers in violation of the first amendment?
    Wow, I didn’t know that every Supreme Court case has been a 9-0 decision.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Not to mention the idea that a second impeachment will limit trump from running. This is being pushed by those that fell for an internet troll. I haven’t seen any legal documents that suggest Trump couldn’t run again
    The house has already impeached him the second all that does is tarnish his legacy i suggest you look again the Senate can most certainly continue this process once he is out of office. This has already been confirmed that if they choose do they will have to do it in he first 100 day of the biden presidency. Now will they do it is the question. I DONT THINK THEY WILL .

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

It is also confirmed if convicted by the senate it bars him from holding any federal office.

Because they are not all political.

It is also confirmed if convicted by the senate it bars him from holding any federal office.

Is this in the constitution? Or are you hearing voices in the sky?

The house has already impeached him the second all that does is tarnish his legacy i suggest you look again the Senate can most certainly continue this process once he is out of office. This has already been confirmed that if they choose do they will have to do it in he first 100 day of the biden presidency. Now will they do it is the question. I DONT THINK THEY WILL .

This is all new to me, (and 99% of the country). Care to post the part of the constitution that clearly says he can be impeached in the first 100 days

Blog Entries

But you think they should and you want it to happen.

Blog Entries

Exactly. Everyone talks about SCOTUS vote based off their ideology, not the intent of the constitution. That is sad and unfortunate.