Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 47
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Posts
    1,085

    A black Republican Georgia Autopsy

    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...sy_145006.html

    Thoughts?

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    9,264

    Re: A black Republican Georgia Autopsy

    Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...sy_145006.html

    Thoughts?

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Makes sense

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk





  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    11,833

    Re: A black Republican Georgia Autopsy

    Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...sy_145006.html

    Thoughts?

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Makes perfect sense. You wanna win a state? Win the big cities. Who lives in Big cities ? Black Americans! It soo simple yet no one tries to do what just happened in GA.

    Now most know that in traditional Black families.....the church is a main stay for the elder of the Fam. This usually influence the younger. So that being the case ...you’d think the Party of Jesus would appeal to the Black community...but do they? Not really. Too much Corporate money involved to be worried with regular people.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,422
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: A black Republican Georgia Autopsy

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Makes perfect sense. You wanna win a state? Win the big cities. Who lives in Big cities ? Black Americans! It soo simple yet no one tries to do what just happened in GA.

    Now most know that in traditional Black families.....the church is a main stay for the elder of the Fam. This usually influence the younger. So that being the case ...you’d think the Party of Jesus would appeal to the Black community...but do they? Not really. Too much Corporate money involved to be worried with regular people.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you kidding? That’s what Democrats have been doing. Almost ever major city is Democrat.





  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    11,833

    Re: A black Republican Georgia Autopsy

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Are you kidding? That’s what Democrats have been doing. Almost ever major city is Democrat.
    The Dems only appeal to anyone is Free Money. More welfare , free health care , cell phones , etc. They don’t care about Blacks or any other minority. They just try and buy their vote. In big cities up north ....It works. But you live in the Bible Belt...how many Dems win elections down there? The two Senators from Ga are the first Dems since when in Ga? Like forever?? The GOP could lock up EVERY Southern Black vote if they were true Christians. Same with the Latino vote. Both those minorities are very religious. Of the GOP wanted to flip big cities ...use that. But ...it’s just not that important to them. The GOP is truly the “Old Rich White Man “ party.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  6. #6

    Re: A black Republican Georgia Autopsy

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    The Dems only appeal to anyone is Free Money. More welfare , free health care , cell phones , etc. They don’t care about Blacks or any other minority. They just try and buy their vote. In big cities up north ....It works. But you live in the Bible Belt...how many Dems win elections down there? The two Senators from Ga are the first Dems since when in Ga? Like forever?? The GOP could lock up EVERY Southern Black vote if they were true Christians. Same with the Latino vote. Both those minorities are very religious. Of the GOP wanted to flip big cities ...use that. But ...it’s just not that important to them. The GOP is truly the “Old Rich White Man “ party.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The problem is a lot of supposed Christian black "leaders" are far-left nubjobs. Michael Dyson. Jesse and Al. The guy who just won the Georgia election.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock





  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Bridgeville,DE
    Posts
    11,833

    Re: A black Republican Georgia Autopsy

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    The problem is a lot of supposed Christian black "leaders" are far-left nubjobs. Michael Dyson. Jesse and Al. The guy who just won the Georgia election.
    Well there’s a few “nutjobs” on both sides. And for the life of me I can’t understand why guys like Jessie and Al are soo far left. You’d think they’d be a little more center of their gonna be left. But you’re right. They are a tier or two above Uncle Bernie left.

    That said ....you do get my point. I mean with the exception of deep , inner city young blacks ...the Christian Right would be right at home in the black community. Same with Latinos. Family oriented, God fearing , hard working. Basic values of the Old GOP.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  8. #8

    Re: A black Republican Georgia Autopsy

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Well there’s a few “nutjobs” on both sides. And for the life of me I can’t understand why guys like Jessie and Al are soo far left. You’d think they’d be a little more center of their gonna be left. But you’re right. They are a tier or two above Uncle Bernie left.

    That said ....you do get my point. I mean with the exception of deep , inner city young blacks ...the Christian Right would be right at home in the black community. Same with Latinos. Family oriented, God fearing , hard working. Basic values of the Old GOP.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Old GOP would win the black & Latino vote. I miss the Old GOP.





  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    55,990
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: A black Republican Georgia Autopsy

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    The Old GOP would win the black & Latino vote. I miss the Old GOP.
    The old GOP as in circa 1890?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Western NC
    Posts
    3,348

    Re: A black Republican Georgia Autopsy

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    The Old GOP would win the black & Latino vote. I miss the Old GOP.
    I know a lot is made these days about Minority voting blocs, as it should be. I think an oft overlooked bloc is women voters. They, I think, are making more of an impact, at least currently, than any other bloc. Yes, they are making an impact in concert w/the others, I get that. On both sides of the aisle. It's a shame to have to admit it, but I think if the Republicans know what's good for them (?), they will open up their eyes and ears and think of running a woman on the ticket, even at the top. The reason I hate to admit to that, is that a person's skin color, gender, etc. shouldn't make a bit of difference, but we don't live in that world anymore, it seems.
    Last edited by blueridgemtnman; 01-13-2021 at 07:41 PM.
    Happiness is an inside job.





  11. #11

    Re: A black Republican Georgia Autopsy

    Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I know a lot is made these days about Minority voting blocs, as it should be. I think an oft overlooked bloc is women voters. They, I think, are making more of an impact, at least currently, than an other bloc. Yes, they are making an impact in symphony w/the others, I get that. On both sides of the aisle. It's a shame to have to admit it, but I think if the Republicans know what's good for them (?), they will open up their eyes and ears and think of running a woman on the ticket, even at the top. The reason I hate to admit to that, is that a person's skin color, gender, etc. shouldn't make a bit of difference, but we don't live in that world anymore, it seems.
    I just want the GOP to focus on family values. Leave the identity politics for the other side (who had to have a woman VP?!?!?).





  12. #12

    Re: A black Republican Georgia Autopsy

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    The Old GOP would win the black & Latino vote. I miss the Old GOP.
    Trump got the buggest percentage of the black vote by a Republican since 1960





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site