Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Weather for Saturday Night

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    That couple of inches forecast is for the whole day.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    From what I saw it wouldn't be starting until 9-10pm or so and going through morning. So may have snow in the 2nd half, but not too much it seems, .05 inches expected between 9-12pm (dusting).

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    From what I saw it wouldn't be starting until 9-10pm or so and going through morning. So may have snow in the 2nd half, but not too much it seems, .05 inches expected between 9-12pm (dusting).
    Only thing to be concerned about is lake effect snow which does not show up on the radar images and that can crop up at any time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    If I'm Buffalo I hope is snows then I just just leave it on the field. That's one way to neutralize Lamar.
    But the snow, especially heavy snow makes it harder to pass. Buffalo has a question mark in the run game. Snow would tip the scales in the Ravens favor.

Wind might be more of a factor than snow on Saturday.

Wind may become a factor during Buffalo Bills playoff game Saturday in Orchard Park

The storm is forecast to strengthen Saturday night and that could mean winds pick up throughout the game. Gusts will climb near 20 mph by the second half, which is right on the threshold of starting to have an impact on field goals, punting, and kickoffs. Josh Allen’s spiral is less likely to see any effect at this wind speed, but if gusts push closer to 30 mph, it may start to impact the passing game

That couple of inches forecast is for the whole day..... The actual national weather forecast for Buffalo discussion says this....

"We can expect fairly
    widespread snow showers in this scenario...but any real snow of
    consequence should be confined to the Eastern Lake Ontario region
    where a few inches of accumulation will be possible."

Buffalo is in Western Lake Ontario..

Hey NOLA: I do know (from my former NOLA residence) that y'all down in N'Awlins do get your directions confused due to meanders of the Mississippi River (e.g."East Bank" + "West Bank" are, in reality, north & south of the river). For the geographically challenged: Buffalo is South of Lake Ontario. Therefore: per that forecast, the quoted weather forecast is going to be ambiguous. However, Buffalo is due East of Lake Erie, from which there have many large lake effect snowstorms.

My reading of these forecasts: we may see just a few flurries.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Also, since when did an AFC NORTH team start caring about weather? Last I checked, we were not the Miami Dolphins or Indy Colts. I know LJ is from the south and all of that, but playing in cold/bad weather is supposed to be part of our DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Hey NOLA: I do know (from my former NOLA residence) that y'all down in N'Awlins do get your directions confused due to meanders of the Mississippi River (e.g."East Bank" + "West Bank" are, in reality, north & south of the river). For the geographically challenged: Buffalo is South of Lake Ontario. Therefore: per that forecast, the quoted weather forecast is going to be ambiguous. However, Buffalo is due East of Lake Erie, from which there have many large lake effect snowstorms.

My reading of these forecasts: we may see just a few flurries.
    The forecast is for snow east of Lake Ontario, not Lake Erie. . Buffalo is on the western side of Lake Ontario... But I'm sure your forecast is correct

Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Section 120 View View Post
    Does anybody know if the NFL has their own crew take care of the field or if the home team is responsible for it. If I am the Bills I let the snow lay on the field to slow Lamar down and let Allen throw the ball. I would hope that the NFL does not let a home team fool with the field conditions to effect the game. But who knows what the NFL does about this.
    Go RAVENS!!
    as I recall
    70s playoff game between Raiders and Steelers @ Pigsburgh
    John Madden accused Pittsburgh of letting the field soak and freeze
    gave their quicker lineman an advantage

(wouldn't be surprised...)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Weather for Saturday Night

The forecast is for snow east of Lake Ontario, not Lake Erie. . Buffalo is on the western side of Lake Ontario... But I'm sure your ( Mista T) forecast is correct
    NOLA, your geography is correct :

... Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 01-14-2021 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    But the snow, especially heavy snow makes it harder to pass. Buffalo has a question mark in the run game. Snow would tip the scales in the Ravens favor.
    As long as Lamar gets hits cleats figured out before halftime...
    "Find #20 on every play"

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    NOLA, your geography is correct :

... Bc
    I grew up in New York...lol

Way Down South in New Orleans

Every time I look at the weather the precipitation picture is worse. The max change of precip is right at 8 and is 59%. The weird thing is that 34 degrees at 8PM has to be pretty balmy for Buffalo on January 14.