Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: Weather for Saturday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Like these takes don't make sense to me....last I checked, Baltimore IS one of the outdoor northern teams. Almost always playing outside and in the elements. Yes, I know LJ may not be that well versed in it, but playing in cold and nasty weather is a part of the TEAM's dna. I don't anticipate this will be a major factor, even if it does snow. The Denver MHM game actually favored the Ravens. That was a ridiculously cold day for this area. We might get a lot of snow but it is generally mild winters here due to the amount of sunshine and that it's basically a mountain desert. It's such a weird place but I love it.
    There's different types of elements and they can each affect the quality of play differently. You have to be specific about what type of element you're referring to. The Ravens are an outdoor stadium team and technically have played in different elements. From my entire memory of watching this team they haven't played in snow that much (which is really not a big deal). Precipitation on a surface can change a team's strategy to different degrees.

mid 30s with chance of few snow showers, you cant possibly expect anything better than that in Buffalo at this time of year, we are fortunate

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    That couple of inches forecast is for the whole day..... The actual national weather forecast for Buffalo discussion says this....

"We can expect fairly
    widespread snow showers in this scenario...but any real snow of
    consequence should be confined to the Eastern Lake Ontario region
    where a few inches of accumulation will be possible."

Buffalo is in Western Lake Ontario..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    The Eastern part is where all the snow action is, the Jetstream flows in that direction. Oswego, Watertown. Syracuse, etc.

I'm from Syracuse and I've played in the snow a few times at the high school level. It's not so bad if the field is cleared.

Not too concerned about the weather UNLESS the temperature hovers right around 32 degrees Fahrenheit. I remember that home game in 2013 against the Vikings when the field was a skating rink. Both defenses could not stop anything. From anywhere on the field, all ball carriers/receivers were totally faking out all tacklers while running into the end zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Not too concerned about the weather UNLESS the temperature hovers right around 32 degrees Fahrenheit. I remember that home game in 2013 against the Vikings when the field was a skating rink. Both defenses could not stop anything. From anywhere on the field, all ball carriers/receivers were totally faking out all tacklers while running into the end zone.
    Although that game did work out pretty well for us, after it didn't, and after it did.

Here's a link to an hourly forecast. Looks like 34 F with a modest wind, only 15% chance of precipitation:

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyho...e3e6fd704009b2

7. Re: Weather for Saturday Night

I just checked & it's looking like a low of 32 degrees and only a 7% chance of precipitation. Excellent for both teams to showcase what they can do. Go Ravens!

Looks like it's cold as fuck....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

The playoff matchup slated for 8:15 p.m. on Saturday night has an AccuWeather forecast of 32 degrees with a 60% precipitation probability, which fortunately for Baltimore, should amount to only 0.2 inches. Additionally, it looks to be a windy night up in northern New York as wind gusts could mount up to 36 miles per hour.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Im with Skip Bayless I HATE games that are impacted by precipitation. Hers to hoping it holds off idc if its advantage Ravens or Bills

It’s snowing. Get ready

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    It’s snowing. Get ready
    Doesn't look like its snowing right now. as per this live cam. It is about 10 miles from the stadium though.

https://buffalowebcam.com/live-webca...d-ave-mr-pizza