Attempted to sign DE Michael Brockers, before signing DE Derek Wolfe
    Drafted Patrick Queen
    Drafted Malik Harrison
    Drafted Justin Madubuike
    Drafted Broderick Washington
    Traded for Vikings DE/OLB Yannick Ngakoue

Article here on Baltimore Beatdown

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/20...-agency-ravens

I have not thought about him much lately but god we are lucky to have him.

2. Re: High Praise for Eric Decosta

Agreed.

My only concern at this point (and there's always a concern with me, isn't there? =P) is that we spent the entirety of the offseason and large swathes of the season preparing to beat the Titans in the playoffs. We've done that now, but I hope we haven't swung the pendulum too far in one direction just to beat a single team, and that the team didn't already suck up all the oxygen in the room beating the Titans last week. Some would say last Sunday was "our Super Bowl," and I'd prefer to make a run for the actual Super Bowl. =P

I'm probably just a worry-wart, though.

Re: High Praise for Eric Decosta

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Agreed.

My only concern at this point (and there's always a concern with me, isn't there? =P) is that we spent the entirety of the offseason and large swathes of the season preparing to beat the Titans in the playoffs. We've done that now, but I hope we haven't swung the pendulum too far in one direction just to beat a single team, and that the team didn't already suck up all the oxygen in the room beating the Titans last week. Some would say last Sunday was "our Super Bowl," and I'd prefer to make a run for the actual Super Bowl. =P

I see where you're coming from. I imagine a lot of Browns fans feel the same way after they upset the Steelers.

For me, I think we are as primed as any team for a run. This team is highly motivated. Once I saw Lamar's stone cold glare after his TD run...I said "buckle up!"
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Agreed.

I think they also loaded up on corners to beat teams like the Chiefs/Bills, along with an ILB that is SUPPOSED to be athletic enough to cover in space. Hasn't worked out that way for Queen but that was the theory. Also the best way to beat any QB is interior pressure which we had none of before Campbell.

5. Re: High Praise for Eric Decosta

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I think they also loaded up on corners to beat teams like the Chiefs/Bills, along with an ILB that is SUPPOSED to be athletic enough to cover in space. Hasn't worked out that way for Queen but that was the theory. Also the best way to beat any QB is interior pressure which we had none of before Campbell.
    And Madubuike, who's REALLY been coming on down the stretch. I'm excited to see how he develops.

Can't build a team to beat the Chiefs.

Agreed.

We may end up playing the Browns 3 times this year so it has the added benefit of helping us stop Chubb. We haven't had a Decosta love in lately and talk about long game here we are 1 year later and we actually used the draft and free agency to fix a huge deficiency. Just very impressive. We are lucky because I think DeCosta is going to be around for another 10 to 15 years keeping us competitive year after year.

I like most of his moves but he's also made some massive mistakes one is misjudging the market for Thomas.

Two is drafting Hurst.

I also thought he made a major mistake not keeping Canady over Stone which is one of the big reasons we lost to the titans last year.

9. Re: High Praise for Eric Decosta

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    We may end up playing the Browns 3 times this year so it has the added benefit of helping us stop Chubb. We haven't had a Decosta love in lately and talk about long game here we are 1 year later and we actually used the draft and free agency to do what pure coaching can't. Just very impressive. We are lucky because I think DeCosta is going to be around for another 10 to 15 years keeping us competitive year after year.
    No, I'm 100% in agreement. And, to think, we go from Ozzie to EDC. That could be ~4 decades of seamless GM excellence. We're very fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    "Hasn't" is different from "can't."
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I like most of his moves but he's also made some massive mistakes
    drafting Hurst.
    Ozzie drafted Hayden Hurst.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Yet to be proven (though that's the way to bet). But many of the same moves also apply to the Chiefs:

• Interior pressure (Calais, Wolfe, Madubuike)
    • Pressure with four (Yannick)
    • Speed to cover at ILB (Queen)
    • And as many good corners as he could get his hands on.

Hell, even the late-season addition of the safety Kearse, to help cover TEs.

It might not work. But the effort seems clear, and sound.