Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: AFCN Is Keeping Rivalries Alive In The NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    Stop acting like M&T has ever been "taken over"... especially with the 2% of browns fans that were there for that game last year. I saw more Ravens fans in Buffalo on TV last year than I saw browns fans in Baltimore in person for that Sept. game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXkk...a4bsQ&index=14

10:54 and 11:30 to 11:35

As bc says...hatred.

Your disgust with the Ravens brand is way off for me. Notice how every modernized uniform is widely considered ugly, and immediately change back to something older (browns, bucs),
    that's what I'm saying...we didn't change. By the way, I'm surprised the Bucs didn't go back further to high-def orange. They went back to the 90s with that dark red and pewter, so out.

or how every revered uniform is classic, traditional, because that's what uniforms should be, never-changing (cowboys, steelers, raiders, chiefs).
    Our narley getup has been around for 25 years, well, not as awful as the first couple of years but basically the same idea. Would you call it "traditional" after all these years and why not?

Don't get me wrong, there are a handful of things about the stadium graphics and gameday experience that I would most definitely change (I think we would agree on a couple things in that regard), but overall I think you're way off... And this is from someone who thinks football games should be full capacity of boisterous, middle-aged, drunk men dropping f bombs every other word. That to me is a great kind of atmosphere.
    agreed. I don't get why people here were rolling out the welcome wagon for those hit and run pot-shotting Bills guys.

I'm curious how many geezers would really still like to be the Colts. Would ya? I'm over that, think the Colts look is bland, but given the choice of our merch and brand... Colts. We desperately need a redo and a respectful, marketable brand....ours is easy to hate, hard to like.

Quote Originally Posted by wecoxepa View Post
    I'm curious how many geezers would really still like to be the Colts. Would ya? I'm over that, think the Colts look is bland, but given the choice of our merch and brand... Colts. We desperately need a redo and a respectful, marketable brand....ours is easy to hate, hard to like.
    Well, if your choice of sports teams to follow is based on "brand and merch", that's pretty fucking bizarre.

The Ravens' brand image is tough, bruising and badass. We don't give a shit if we aren't "likable" or "America's Team". There was a phrase that was used a lot in the early 2000s - "Let them hate, so long as they fear".
    Last edited by camdenyard; 01-14-2021 at 01:41 PM.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Well, if your choice of sports teams to follow is based on "brand and merch", that's pretty fucking bizarre.

The Raven's brand image is tough, bruising and badass. We don't give a shit if we aren't "likable" or "America's Team". There was a phrase that was used a lot in the early 2000s - "Let them hate, so long as they fear".
    Amen. Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ravens brand is not respected, and thus, not feared. TO and Juju tried the logo thing individually on respected teams and took heat, backfired on social...nobody cared about the Titans dancing on that shield. The "medieval" branding, busy jersey, etc...I'd say it's tacky. Like a school nerd, it invites the crap. It does matter...people want to wear cool stuff.

If you ask Browns fans which team they "respect", Steelers or Ravens?...we know the answer. They wouldn't "conquer" Heinz Stadium and pillage their cheap giveaway medieval flags and Brian Billick posters as they did ours in that tube clip above.

As far as young fans choosing a team, it is not bizarre. We're digital, 24/7/365 coverage, "regional" is a thing of the diode/coax past, sprawl and overpopulation are physically connecting the metro centers. It's how your product looks on Madden & 2k, how ya look high-def.

How do the Cowboys keep truckin' as most popular despite doing nothing? Go back to the 70s...the Vikings were all mean and tough, as you describe the Ravens...but were regarded as basically a joke in purple and yellow and (outdated) black shoes (like our uni). They had the Rams number, went to 4 Bowls, but everybody respected the Rams.

Simplicity and traditional, boys...not garish. I wonder about Bisciotti sometimes...what is he thinking?

I ask again, 25 years of this uniform? Is it "traditional" and "classic", as the Colts were in whatever year was even their 10th, 15th, 20th?
    Last edited by wecoxepa; 01-14-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wecoxepa View Post
    The Ravens brand is not respected, and thus, not feared. TO and Juju tried the logo thing individually on respected teams and took heat, backfired on social...nobody cared about the Titans dancing on that shield. The "medieval" branding, busy jersey, etc...I'd say it's tacky. Like a school nerd, it invites the crap. It does matter...people want to wear cool stuff.
    You don't like it? Well, there's the door pal. Nobody is stopping you.

As far as young fans choosing a team, it is not bizarre. We're digital, 24/7/365 coverage, "regional" is a thing of the diode/coax past, sprawl and overpopulation is physically connecting the metro centers. It's how your product looks on Madden & 2k, how ya look high-def.
    A. The first half of this is - What??? The second statement is stupid. Funny how Madden decided to put Lamar on their cover this year. Not respected I guess.

How do the Cowboys keep truckin' as most popular despite doing nothing? Go back to the 70s...the Vikings were all mean and tough, as you describe the Ravens...but were regarded as basically a joke in purple and yellow and (outdated) black shoes (like our uni). They had the Rams number, went to 4 Bowls, but everybody respected the Rams.
    The Vikings LOST those 4 Super Bowls. Maybe that had something to do with it?

Seriously, what fan whines and complains about uniforms? And tries to convince other fans that there is "no reason for optimism" for this weekend's game when CLEARLY there are good things going on with the team.

Like I said, there's the door, troll.
    Last edited by camdenyard; 01-14-2021 at 02:34 PM.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

You don't like it? Well, there's the door pal. Nobody is stopping you.

A. The first half of this is - What??? The second statement is stupid. Funny how Madden decided to put Lamar on their cover this year. Not respected I guess.

The Vikings LOST those 4 Super Bowls. Maybe that had something to do with it?

Seriously, what fan whines and complains about uniforms? And tries to convince other fans that there is "no reason for optimism" for this weekend's game when CLEARLY there are good things going on with the team.

Like I said, there's the door, troll.

Blog Entries

The Ravens' brand image is tough, bruising and badass. We don't give a shit if we aren't "likable" or "America's Team". There was a phrase that was used a lot in the early 2000s - "Let them hate, so long as they fear".
    People my age who are about the "look, drip, and merch" have taken a bad toll on sports. These are the people who go to a game so they can put it on social media, take out their phones, and record their reaction to a play. They're the worst kinds of people.

The Ravens have done a good job over the last 25 years of developing their brand and this dark, intimidating, bruising identity that matches everything about the franchise. Just look at M&T. Matches the city, fan base, and team perfectly, built from brick and steel.
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football