Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Can we all take a moment to laugh at the Steelers?

again I always turn to Ed Bouchette. He doesn't think Ben will want to be part of the moves the team is forced to make next year. Get out now and wait for Canton to call.

https://theathletic.com/2318710/2021...s-quarterback/

Among the free agents expected to leave are JuJu Smith-Schuster, James Conner, Al Villanueva, Bud Dupree, Mike Hilton, Tyson Alualu, Matt Feiler, Cam Sutton and Avery Williamson. Zach Banner, who won the starting job at right tackle and then left for good in the first game with a torn ACL, also can be a UFA. There’s a chance, however, he could return on a one-year contract. Chuks Okorafor is the only tackle under contract for 2021.
    Others may retire, be cut or be asked to take reductions in pay in order to stay. They include Maurkice Pouncey ($8 million salary), Joe Haden ($7 million), Vance McDonald ($5.2 million), Vince Williams ($4 million), Steven Nelson ($8.25 million) and maybe David DeCastro ($8.75 million) and Eric Ebron ($6 million). Those all won’t leave, just some candidates to be gone. They all won’t return.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Wow, your team shit the bed, but if the Browns lose, it's as if that never happened. Right.
    The Steelers receivers are immature bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    I think they draft for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Especially considering their season went off the rails when they, as a group, began dropping a shitload of easy passes. They should be quietly slinking into the offseason and making sweet love to a JUGS machine for six months.

One of the big aspects of Pittsburgh's rebuild is that they are going to need a culture change. I disliked guys like Harrison, Polamalu, and Ward as much as any Ravens fan. But those were veteran leaders who instilled a certain level of competitiveness and accountability. The last of the old guard is leaving, and the team leaders of the future seem to generally be a bunch of soft-ass clowns. Or soft ass-clowns.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Especially considering their season went off the rails when they, as a group, began dropping a shitload of easy passes. They should be quietly slinking into the offseason and making sweet love to a JUGS machine for six months.

One of the big aspects of Pittsburgh's rebuild is that they are going to need a culture change. I disliked guys like Harrison, Polamalu, and Ward as much as any Ravens fan. But those were veteran leaders who instilled a certain level of competitiveness and accountability. The last of the old guard is leaving, and the team leaders of the future seem to generally be a bunch of soft-ass clowns. Or soft ass-clowns.
    The thing you did with ass and clowns deserves a kudo

Blog Entries

Bouchette makes good points that the Ravens seem to get strong down the stretch while Pitt does the opposite. Some tough stuff...

https://theathletic.com/2321276/2021...ing-decisions/

Steelers collapses are becoming a trend. What’s Mike Tomlin’s plan?

t has been some four years, has it not? Not many would have scripted the way things turned out, and none of it turned out well, at least for the Steelers.
    Look up the word “collapse” in the dictionary and there’s a photo of Heinz Field. To twist Frank Sinatra’s tune without the melody, the Steelers were riding high in November, shot down by January.
    Coaches — Mike Tomlin among them — long have preached as their goal to have teams playing their best football in December. For the Steelers, it was their worst.

It nearly matched their collapses down the stretch the past two seasons. They were 8-5 last year, then lost their final three to go 8-8 and miss the playoffs. That might be excused because they were weak at quarterback without Ben Roethlisberger. But they had him in 2018 when they were 7-2-1 and had a chokehold on the AFC North Division lead. They lost four of their final six to finish 9-6-1 and miss the playoffs.

How many times have we heard Tomlin say he does not live in his fears? That did not look like the case Sunday when he twice decided to punt rather than go for it in reasonable situations.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I wonder if they make Matt Canada the OC next year in an effort to revamp the run game. Canada is a guru of motions and formations but he having watched him for a year at UMD I haven't really been impressed with his pass concepts. He definitely knows how to generate rushing yards at the college level but I would be interested to see how he translates as an OC at the NFL level.
    This guy is pretty smart ^

The #Steelers are expected to promote QB coach Matt Canada to offensive coordinator, sources tell me and
    @TomPelissero
    . A creative mind originally from the college game, Canada also interviewed with the #Dolphins but now stays in Pittsburgh.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/...105971712?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by rayman77 View Post
    Steelers loss is always satisfying. But I don't laugh at them, they are a good team.
    I was nervous the entire game. Even after we won I was like to other Browns fans, let's be classy and get ready for KC. No use tempting fate.

And I still can't count out the Steelers next year. I know they are trying to get the #7 for #7.

When the center snaps the ball over the quarterback's head you have a problem......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    When the center snaps the ball over the quarterback's head you have a problem......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I swear in one of those 'how do we beat the bills' threads I literally said - don't let your center snap it over the QB head into the end zone. Maybe I jinxed them

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I swear in one of those 'how do we beat the bills' threads I literally said - don't let your center snap it over the QB head into the end zone. Maybe I jinxed them
    Funny how both of our losses had a similar play. Karma to yinz laughing at the Steelers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    Funny how both of our losses had a similar play. Karma to yinz laughing at the Steelers.
    Touché