Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Not a "moral victory" thread, but I'm proud of this team

When we were 6-5 and dealing with the covid outbreak, I was ready to pack it in for the season. This team showed a lot of character down the stretch and fought their asses off. We can talk about all of Harbaugh's flaws, and there are plenty, but you can never say this team quits on him. We have fewer needs than most teams. Shore up the things we need to shore up and come back with a vengeance next year.
    90% of the game is half mental

Re: Not a "moral victory" thread, but I'm proud of this team

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    When we were 6-5 and dealing with the covid outbreak, I was ready to pack it in for the season. This team showed a lot of character down the stretch and fought their asses off. We can talk about all of Harbaugh's flaws, and there are plenty, but you can never say this team quits on him. We have fewer needs than most teams. Shore up the things we need to shore up and come back with a vengeance next year.
    I'm not. I can handle them losing. I can't handle them playing like a bunch of undisciplined cowards with the season on the line, fucking embarrassing

I’m thrilled. The better team won. I thought after getting into the playoffs we were already playing with house money. The bills were just plain the better team, tonight and all year. And I’m fired up to see the next year.

Blog Entries

My criticisms of the team stem from where I view there ceiling with this approach, and the frustration I feel when I think about that, but I am still proud of the way the team battled throughout the season.

Blog Entries

Great COVID season guys, a needed distraction. Won a playoff game. Progress

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Nah...they went out in embarrassing fashion.
    Defense gets props, but that's it.

Sorry, but wtf is there to be proud of? 3 points? There's no defending that to me. I'd you happy congrats, I wish I had that low of standards but that was embarrassing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

I really feel more of a "Fuck You" to the year 2020 than anything. I don't have any particular strong feelings regarding the Ravens at this point. Just want to move on in life and in football.

So, I'll do my customary break from the board for a few days to let the pot boil down a bit and be ready for the off season itinerary.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Sorry, but wtf is there to be proud of? 3 points? There's no defending that to me. I'd you happy congrats, I wish I had that low of standards but that was embarrassing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    31 teams go home upset every year. Lamar won a playoff game. The first playoff game we’ve won in several years. That’s something to be proud of, at least to me.

I fully expected a loss being on the table here, no problem with that. But the offensive performance was beyond fucking embarrassing, that Bills defense is middle of the pack average. This was a full on embarrassment, I'm ashamed of their performance, not the result

With the defensive effort tonight, we should have beaten the Bills by 2 touchdowns. They didn't make mistakes and they executed when they needed to. I'm happy for them. We were supposed to be good. We were supposed to be a Super Bowl contenders so to lose a game like this when we lose because of poor execution and missed opportunities I'm disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I’m thrilled. The better team won. I thought after getting into the playoffs we were already playing with house money. The bills were just plain the better team, tonight and all year. And I’m fired up to see the next year.
    Same. I didn't expect us to be in the playoffs at 6-5 with the way we were playing. Like you said, house money. We got the "playoff win" monkey off our back and got retribution on the Titans.

We were never going to hang with the Chiefs or Bills. We didn't play a single game this year where we fired on all cylinders and that's what was going to be needed to beat those teams. We not only didn't fire on all cylinders, we had two flat tires on offense and special teams.

Unfortunately this is just a fatally flawed team in the playoffs. The defense doesn't generate enough splash plays to swing momentum. The offense just doesn't get the job done against better teams....they're paper tigers who beat up on inferior teams. We're a high floor low ceiling team which I guess is where Steve B/Harbaugh want us to be. Perennial "playoff contenders" with a long shot of running the table to the Super Bowl.