Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast
  1. Bills fan here....

Hey coming in peace ✌️

I think this is going to be a good game but I really don't see how Raven secondary is going to cover our WR. Just like we are going to have a problem stopping the run. The QB matchup Allen has been better throwing than lamar and allen has been almost as dangerous running as lamar. We can't cover tight ends so Andrews will have a good day. Michah hyde is going to be spying jackson. Hyde is fast as **** and he spied murray when we played the Cardinals. Bills mafia fans will definitely help vs the ravens offense. Our secondary will probably lock down your WR. Tre will definitely blanket hollywood so what's that leave you with? An old Dez Bryant? This will allow us to put one more man in the box.

Re: Bills fan here....

What’s up. Lots of respect for what the Bills have done this year. That being said:

Lamar is an excellent passer. The narrative that he can’t throw is lazy and disproved almost weekly at this point.

Nobody is as dynamic as a runner at the QB position or ever has been as Jackson is. Allen can lower the shoulder, but Jackson makes huge chunk plays with his legs weekly.

Go ahead and let Hyde spy Jackson. We would love that as it actually never works against him.

Ultimately, I think the Bills will pull it out, but your analysis about our team screams someone who hasn’t watched us a ton.

Spys don't work. I slightly favor the Bills but not because a spy is going to shut Lamar down. Lamar loves passing towards middle and a guy spying him just means one less guy covering the middle receivers. I agree if the game is lost it'll likely be because the secondary can't stay with the Bills receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    What’s up. Lots of respect for what the Bills have done this year. That being said:

Lamar is an excellent passer. The narrative that he can’t throw is lazy and disproved almost weekly at this point.

Nobody is as dynamic as a runner at the QB position or ever has been as Jackson is. Allen can lower the shoulder, but Jackson makes huge chunk plays with his legs weekly.

Go ahead and let Hyde spy Jackson. We would love that as it actually never works against him.

Ultimately, I think the Bills will pull it out, but your analysis about our team screams someone who hasn’t watched us a ton.
    This is a matchup I think the Ravens will win. You guys matchup better against Buffalo than KC. Although I think you could beat both.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    This is a matchup I think the Ravens will win. You guys matchup better against Buffalo than KC. Although I think you could beat both.
    Yeah GJ I’m definitely not counting us out, but I’m leaning Buffalo.

Blog Entries

Welcome and congrats on finally having some success. Took getting rid of Brady but you're there ;-)

I agree, look in the thread about the Bills and that's my concern. They'll spread out in 4 or 5 receiver sets and I'm not sure how the Ravens respond.
    I'm sure they'll have a plan, which involves using the offense to have long clock draining drives but they must end in TDs

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Welcome and congrats on finally having some success. Took getting rid of Brady but you're there ;-)

I agree, look in the thread about the Bills and that's my concern. They'll spread out in 4 or 5 receiver sets and I'm not sure how the Ravens respond.
    I'm sure they'll have a plan, which involves using the offense to have long clock draining drives but they must end in TDs
    We spent a lot of money on corners and they are all healthy except for Tavon Young. Time to see if that investment pays off.

It should be a close game, but the OP is vastly underestimating Lamar. History is littered with the remains of "spies" that have been assigned to keep Lamar from reeling off big runs. I suggest the OP review Lamar's 48 yard TD from yesterday.

Also, 250-ish yard rushing games are now commonplace with this team. You know what happens when teams start creeping into the box to try to stop this.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

People talk about spying Lamar as if it were a new concept that no one else has tried. We have seen tough(er) defenses try this.

Hyde will only spy himself out of position to allow a pass play. Plus is Lamar runs, he has nearly Barry Sanders like moves. Being "fast" isn't good enough. Sure, celebrate if you can stuff Lamar at the line once or twice, or even if he doesn't burn you for 30 yards.

But Lamar will move the chains and keep the offense moving. So...get more spies.

Nobody can spy LJ. It is not just his speed, which is top three in the NFL, but his ability to stop, cut and change directions has not been seen in 20 years. Barry Sanders is the last rb I saw with his running abilities. Worse is when you do everything perfectly and he still runs for 10-15 yards it just sucks the life out of defenses. If a team can run for 200 yards they only need to pass for 150-175 to win if they don’t turn the ball over.

This game should come down to who can hold the ball longer, who can make first downs late and who does not turn the ball over. In other words a great old time type football game.

Welcome. Bills are a great young team that have improved a ton. Josh Allen is impressive for a guy with a strong arm and all the intangibles to improve on his 1 weakness which was accuracy (which they say can almost never be improved if you don't have it). The Bills D did a good job against the Ravens rush attack last season. If it weren't for the Ravens being in the playoffs the Bills are a team I would root for.

Bills have a great WR core but I think you underestimate the Ravens secondary especially against smaller receivers like the Bills have. Diggs has been great but the Ravens secondary can usually handle smaller speed receivers and possession guys. They struggle against big physical WR who also have speed, especially Peters. The Bills run game is pedestrian so the Ravens can focus on stopping the pass and containing Allen. I'd love to see Allen make a ton of mistakes but I think he has taken the cerebral part of his game to another level so I doubt that happens.

Bills have the edge with their secondary against our pass game. I just don't think they have the same tough defense they had last year thay can stop the Ravens run game.

The teams match up well overall and it will be a tough game. I agree Bills mafia could make a difference but the Ravens weren't affected by the Tennessee stadium fans so who knows. I hope weather doesn't play a factor. Should be a great game and congrats on your Bills being a top team again

If Jimmy Smith is healthy, our secondary will frustrate Josh Allen.