Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 158
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,534
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    You can't want unfettered capitalism and then be angry when private companies decide to exclude ppl for whatever reason.

    This is the power of money in the US. Its spiraled put of control.... in large part to the two party system

    There are huge companies that have monopolized information.

    The right has classically championed to be big business and classically the left is at least thought to pretend to be more prone to monopoly busting.


    We need a third party. Because the two will never agree because they think it looks weak to their radical bases.

    Businesses are too big. There are too few who have too much power right now.
    Iím assuming this is in response to twitter, Facebook and Amazons bam of Parler?

    This isnít unfettered capitalism. These places are benefiting from a law that allows them to be free from lawsuits because their a platform. But the problem is when you censor speech, specifically to one side of the political spectrum, youíre no longer a platform.

    So this is kinda the opposite of capitalism. If thatís what your post is in reference to.





  2. #26

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Iím assuming this is in response to twitter, Facebook and Amazons bam of Parler?

    This isnít unfettered capitalism. These places are benefiting from a law that allows them to be free from lawsuits because their a platform. But the problem is when you censor speech, specifically to one side of the political spectrum, youíre no longer a platform.

    So this is kinda the opposite of capitalism. If thatís what your post is in reference to.
    I dont agree. Twitter and Facebook, like all social media and software have terms of service. Im not a lawyer, but in theory, if they determine you violated their TOS, they can ban you. The burden to reverse their course is on you.

    You have the right to free speech, you don't have the right to tweet.

    Again, I think banning of trump is.misguided... but I think its literally up to Twitter.

    I dont own or host a website or platform, but I bet aws has a terms of service as well.





  3. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    56,341
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    When it comes to these big tech companies, I won't speak specifically about Twitter, Facebook, etc...However, AWS is a HUGE provider of services for the federal government - particularly the DOD, DOJ, and intelligence agencies. To me, it's a bit of a conflict of interest.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





  4. #28

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I dont agree. Twitter and Facebook, like all social media and software have terms of service. Im not a lawyer, but in theory, if they determine you violated their TOS, they can ban you. The burden to reverse their course is on you.

    You have the right to free speech, you don't have the right to tweet.

    Again, I think banning of trump is.misguided... but I think its literally up to Twitter.

    I dont own or host a website or platform, but I bet aws has a terms of service as well.
    If the companies are treating one party different, it’s discrimination and they could have issues. Are other leaders still on Twitter?

    And now that Biden has some current executives in his admin, it sounds politically motivated





  5. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,534
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I dont agree. Twitter and Facebook, like all social media and software have terms of service. Im not a lawyer, but in theory, if they determine you violated their TOS, they can ban you. The burden to reverse their course is on you.

    You have the right to free speech, you don't have the right to tweet.

    Again, I think banning of trump is.misguided... but I think its literally up to Twitter.

    I dont own or host a website or platform, but I bet aws has a terms of service as well.
    Itís not a agree or disagree issue. Itís a fact.





  6. #30

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Itís not a agree or disagree issue. Itís a fact.
    I still disagree. Im not sure what your referencing as a fact.

    Twitter Facebook etc al corporate biased and are trying to make as much money as possible. You know what's profitable by Advertising and catering your platform to a majority of consumers. You know what sells nowadays? Feel good social bullshit.

    Corporations are there to turn profit and if they need to act like they're taking a side to pump those stock prices than they will (looks like an error so far for twitter, but Nike made a killing with their kaep adds) .

    If the majority of country was into hating Gays and Muslims facebook would be advertising and catering their platform to such beliefs.

    Theres a reason why PlayStation celebrates pride month in Western countries but PlayStation in the middle East doesn't change their profile pic or anything to pro lgbt


    I'm tired of hearing that Facebook and Google have some "communist liberal antifa BLM" bias.

    If all these corporations are so liberal or leftist than where are the Unions? Amazon and Google have been fighting unions as much as walmart.

    Social feel good bullshit is a means to an end being TO MAKE MORE FUCKING MONEY. More power means more money these aren't difficult concepts to understand

    Bezos and Zuckerberg are somehow communists. Gimme a break


    These corps know their audience. Its why fox targets middle aged and elderly white folk and Twitter and ig target younger demos.


    They only care about profits. Many companies remain apolitically Because that's what is best for profit. It's not fucking crazy or hard to understand why Twitter or Reddit SEEMS to lean socially left. They analy,zed what makes them money.

    They will flip their stance in a millisecond if it means more profit.

    There is no liberal left are radical right megacorp.... they are just raking in profits. Right now outrage is what is selling.





  7. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,534
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I still disagree. Im not sure what your referencing as a fact.

    Twitter Facebook etc al corporate biased and are trying to make as much money as possible. You know what's profitable by Advertising and catering your platform to a majority of consumers. You know what sells nowadays? Feel good social bullshit.

    Corporations are there to turn profit and if they need to act like they're taking a side to pump those stock prices than they will (looks like an error so far for twitter, but Nike made a killing with their kaep adds) .

    If the majority of country was into hating Gays and Muslims facebook would be advertising and catering their platform to such beliefs.

    Theres a reason why PlayStation celebrates pride month in Western countries but PlayStation in the middle East doesn't change their profile pic or anything to pro lgbt


    I'm tired of hearing that Facebook and Google have some "communist liberal antifa BLM" bias.

    If all these corporations are so liberal or leftist than where are the Unions? Amazon and Google have been fighting unions as much as walmart.

    Social feel good bullshit is a means to an end being TO MAKE MORE FUCKING MONEY. More power means more money these aren't difficult concepts to understand

    Bezos and Zuckerberg are somehow communists. Gimme a break


    These corps know their audience. Its why fox targets middle aged and elderly white folk and Twitter and ig target younger demos.


    They only care about profits. Many companies remain apolitically Because that's what is best for profit. It's not fucking crazy or hard to understand why Twitter or Reddit SEEMS to lean socially left. They analy,zed what makes them money.

    They will flip their stance in a millisecond if it means more profit.

    There is no liberal left are radical right megacorp.... they are just raking in profits. Right now outrage is what is selling.
    Thatís a very long post and a bit of rambling.

    Twitter and Facebook operate as a platform l, as such they canít be sued for certain things. But when the censor one side of political views and not the other, they are no longer a platform.

    That is a fact. So no, theyíre not operating under unfettered capitalism. They received special protections from the government and now theyíre using it to censor speech.





  8. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Posts
    1,085

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    I'm over my Ravens high of winning...hence why I have responded.

    It unbelievable that some of you guys continue to minimize the "bad" things in your party. It's always the same thing. True, maybe you guys individually didn't believe the hogwash...but you guys know lots of folks did. Trump was leading the charge. Maybe 70% is high..but polling says at the time said lots of them were believing it.

    Trump's first voter fraud commission found nothing. That Trump lie died on a vine.

    Darb, your opinion that those riots over the summer were way worse. Again, that is almost tacitly saying what happen at the capitol wasn't that bad. It was a national embarrassment. Riots, looting in cities have been happening for years. Doesnt make it right, but it is not unique. What we saw last week, UNIQUE....and needs to be treated as such. It shouldn't be whitewashed. Why did these folks think they could get away with this? Why haven't the so called Antifa's and BLM folks you despise attempt something like this. I'll tell you, they felt they had Trump's backing. The others knew they be sniped.

    Denounce these assholes wearing anti-semitic shirts, hanging Mike Pence chants, nooses, confederate flags and smeared shit inside the capitol, QAnon, assulting police officers.....Denounce Trump and his minions for inciting this madness. Let's not find Antifa excuses for what happened. Own the fact that these type of folks are tying themselves to the Trump movement. Onced it is owned, they can be removed. Funny thing is that the quickest way to get them out would be Trump. He refuses to do it. Instead he heaps praise on congress women Green. No wonder they think he is on their side.

    However, the answer is always to deflect to Antifa, BLM, Clinton, and comparing attrocities. Deflecting that's it's the radical lefts fault.

    NCRaven, please watch this video about those fraudulent ballots you saw with your own eyes.
    https://youtu.be/pjKXvqSNIkk



    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk





  9. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,534
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    I'm over my Ravens high of winning...hence why I have responded.

    It unbelievable that some of you guys continue to minimize the "bad" things in your party. It's always the same thing. True, maybe you guys individually didn't believe the hogwash...but you guys know lots of folks did. Trump was leading the charge. Maybe 70% is high..but polling says at the time said lots of them were believing it.

    Trump's first voter fraud commission found nothing. That Trump lie died on a vine.

    Darb, your opinion that those riots over the summer were way worse. Again, that is almost tacitly saying what happen at the capitol wasn't that bad. It was a national embarrassment. Riots, looting in cities have been happening for years. Doesnt make it right, but it is not unique. What we saw last week, UNIQUE....and needs to be treated as such. It shouldn't be whitewashed. Why did these folks think they could get away with this? Why haven't the so called Antifa's and BLM folks you despise attempt something like this. I'll tell you, they felt they had Trump's backing. The others knew they be sniped.

    Denounce these assholes wearing anti-semitic shirts, hanging Mike Pence chants, nooses, confederate flags and smeared shit inside the capitol, QAnon, assulting police officers.....Denounce Trump and his minions for inciting this madness. Let's not find Antifa excuses for what happened. Own the fact that these type of folks are tying themselves to the Trump movement. Onced it is owned, they can be removed. Funny thing is that the quickest way to get them out would be Trump. He refuses to do it. Instead he heaps praise on congress women Green. No wonder they think he is on their side.

    However, the answer is always to deflect to Antifa, BLM, Clinton, and comparing attrocities. Deflecting that's it's the radical lefts fault.

    NCRaven, please watch this video about those fraudulent ballots you saw with your own eyes.
    https://youtu.be/pjKXvqSNIkk



    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    So George Sterling, the guy responsible for running Georgia's election, investigated the elections hes in charge of running and tells us there is nothing wrong?

    And he is ABSOLUTELY lying when he says at 4:45 "this is normal ballot scanning processing". No... you don't announce to the media and poll watchers that you are going to stop counting, resume tomorrow and then after they leave continue to count unobserved for hours...

    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





  10. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,534
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    Darb, your opinion that those riots over the summer were way worse. Again, that is almost tacitly saying what happen at the capitol wasn't that bad. It was a national embarrassment. Riots, looting in cities have been happening for years. Doesnt make it right, but it is not unique. What we saw last week, UNIQUE....and needs to be treated as such. It shouldn't be whitewashed. Why did these folks think they could get away with this? Why haven't the so called Antifa's and BLM folks you despise attempt something like this. I'll tell you, they felt they had Trump's backing. The others knew they be sniped.

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Also, what we saw last week was not that unique. Remember when people tried to storm the White house just a few months ago?

    Secret Service agents wounded outside White House, car bombs feared; official says Trump was taken to bunker
    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





  11. #35

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Also, what we saw last week was not that unique. Remember when people tried to storm the White house just a few months ago?

    Secret Service agents wounded outside White House, car bombs feared; official says Trump was taken to bunker
    Thought this is a good jumping off point for a summation of what the other side did over the summer of love. But you know trump incited unprecedented actions .....

    ime to get out the ledger.

    On the leftĖĖliterallyĖĖwe have had nearly eight months of rampaging criminality and violence in the many Democrat-controlled cities in our country, all conducted by thugs belonging to groups called Black Lives Matter and Antifa. This is the short list of what they have done:

    Committed widespread arson, including burning down hundreds of minority-owned businesses in the Latino, Asian and black communities (the black owners clearly didnít matter);
    Incinerated cars and burned down buildings, court houses, police stations, et al;
    Shot laser beams in the eyes of policemen;
    Assaulted civilians, resulting in 30 deaths and thousands of hospitalizations;



    Smashed plate-glass windows of numerous businesses, both large and small and then engaged in looting, stealing and grand theft;
    Terrorized and then dragged people out of restaurants;
    Tore down historic statues, including those of black icons (duh);
    Defaced streets and avenues with BLMís block-long, block-lettered, yellow-painted name.
    Terrorized the citizenry of entire neighborhoods and towns for months on end;
    Attacked people in locked cars;
    In all those eight monthsĖĖ220 days, over 5,000 hoursĖĖwhat was the reaction of Democrats, both elected and civilian?

    A thunderous silence. Not a word of opprobrium or disapproval or condemnation. Not. One. Word.
    https://canadafreepress.com/article/...hers-on-parade





  12. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,534
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Thought this is a good jumping off point for a summation of what the other side did over the summer of love. But you know trump incited unprecedented actions .....

    ime to get out the ledger.

    On the left––literally––we have had nearly eight months of rampaging criminality and violence in the many Democrat-controlled cities in our country, all conducted by thugs belonging to groups called Black Lives Matter and Antifa. This is the short list of what they have done:

    Committed widespread arson, including burning down hundreds of minority-owned businesses in the Latino, Asian and black communities (the black owners clearly didn’t matter);
    Incinerated cars and burned down buildings, court houses, police stations, et al;
    Shot laser beams in the eyes of policemen;
    Assaulted civilians, resulting in 30 deaths and thousands of hospitalizations;



    Smashed plate-glass windows of numerous businesses, both large and small and then engaged in looting, stealing and grand theft;
    Terrorized and then dragged people out of restaurants;
    Tore down historic statues, including those of black icons (duh);
    Defaced streets and avenues with BLM’s block-long, block-lettered, yellow-painted name.
    Terrorized the citizenry of entire neighborhoods and towns for months on end;
    Attacked people in locked cars;
    In all those eight months––220 days, over 5,000 hours––what was the reaction of Democrats, both elected and civilian?

    A thunderous silence. Not a word of opprobrium or disapproval or condemnation. Not. One. Word.
    https://canadafreepress.com/article/...hers-on-parade
    Why do I want to sing the headline of that article like Rage Against the Machine Bulls on Parade...
    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site