Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 158
  1. #13

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    I honestly don't know anybody personally who thinks Obama was born in Kenya and every person in my family voted for Trump.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock





  2. #14

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    Interesting thing happened to me when I woke up this morning. For whatever reason, this popped in my head. Hopefully some of you guys can explain the differences between the two.

    Trump was able to convince 70% of Republicans that Obama was a muslim and wasn't born in this country. He did this by constantly repeating it. Tweeting it. Claiming that he had irreputable proof. The proof was always around the corner, he had investigators. Even news networks and legislators bit from that apple.

    Fast forward some years. He does the same exact thing about wide spread voter fraud. 70% of republicans believe it. He constantly has been repeating this for years. He says he has the same irreputable proof that is around the corner. News networks and legislators parrot it.

    Let's me ask, is this a coincidence or is this JUST WHAT HE DOES.

    Seriously, can you guys admit the similarities?

    Convincing 70% of any group of something should be difficult. Not for Trump I guess. I think folks need to look within and really think about how this happens. Meaning, why is he always believed? What are the underlying reasons why if he says it, it has to be believed?

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    No no no. This feels like you trying to invalidate people's concerns about the integrity of the last election simply because Trump said so. When all the rule changes were announced last summer is when I remember people immediately saying it was a bad thing. I remember the attorney general voicing some of those concerns. Chain of custody of how ballots were handled getting less secure etc.. Plus the way it unfolded kind of reinforced a lot of those pre-existing feelings. Lead changes in the middle of the night with ballot dumps etc..

    I said on another thread it should not be possible to doubt the integrity to the point where people can believe something like this and stand by that.

    I am not sure why people harp on incidents like that. I never believed Obama was a muslim. I don't even believe he's a practicing Christian though either. He strikes me as a secular non-practicing "christian" that had to attend Church as part of the facade a politician trying to have broad appeal has to maintain.

    DJ, this has been building up for a long time and the blame can be shared equally on the left and the right. We've normalized this over the last 4 years. This was inevitable and predictable.






  3. #15

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I honestly don't know anybody personally who thinks Obama was born in Kenya and every person in my family voted for Trump.
    I know. I would say it's lazy thinking but a better way to describe it is "simplistic".

    Though I'm aware of that claim because he mentions it, it's not even a thing that occupies any part of my consciousness when thinking about Obama. It's like trying to brand 74 million people as "QAnon" people. It's convenient because it is kind of a smear that says "crazy, gullible, stupid". I have zero awareness of QAnon as well and don't understand why it keeps getting brought up. I can't name one thing that person has said or what he/she is all about.

    Then again I'm not a Twitiot (not referring to you DJ) nor am I on Facebook.





  4. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Blue crab country
    Posts
    515

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I know. I would say it's lazy thinking but a better way to describe it is "simplistic".

    Though I'm aware of that claim because he mentions it, it's not even a thing that occupies any part of my consciousness when thinking about Obama. It's like trying to brand 74 million people as "QAnon" people. It's convenient because it is kind of a smear that says "crazy, gullible, stupid". I have zero awareness of QAnon as well and don't understand why it keeps getting brought up. I can't name one thing that person has said or what he/she is all about.

    Then again I'm not a Twitiot (not referring to you DJ) nor am I on Facebook.
    The left wing people on here know more about QAnon than we do Bust.





  5. #17

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    The left wing people on here know more about QAnon than we do Bust.
    It's like how they get mad when some guys on the right fall back on things that are conveniently used to smear everyone on the left i.e. Antifa, Portland Protests etc..

    If we can try to agree the fringe and bad actors are not remotely representative of the whole we will have made good progress.

    There is a common thread of anarchism between both groups though. I posted a link to a podcast that is worth listening to on another thread. This isn't the type of thing the lends itself to short form type discussions and sound bite type arguments that we are normally spoon fed by the media and you really have to risk being seen as an outcast and traitor by both sides to have an honest discussion about it.





  6. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,534
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    The left wing people on here know more about QAnon than we do Bust.
    I know next to nothing about them other than they basically think we live in the Matrix.





  7. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Blue crab country
    Posts
    515

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I know next to nothing about them other than they basically think we live in the Matrix.
    Hell you know more than I do.





  8. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Blue crab country
    Posts
    515

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    It's like how they get mad when some guys on the right fall back on things that are conveniently used to smear everyone on the left i.e. Antifa, Portland Protests etc..

    If we can try to agree the fringe and bad actors are not remotely representative of the whole we will have made good progress.

    There is a common thread of anarchism between both groups though. I posted a link to a podcast that is worth listening to on another thread. This isn't the type of thing the lends itself to short form type discussions and sound bite type arguments that we are normally spoon fed by the media and you really have to risk being seen as an outcast and traitor by both sides to have an honest discussion about it.
    You're right about fringes and they're both bat shit crazy.





  9. #21

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I mean, to the OP's originial point - it's absolutely true. If you consistently repeat a narrative through several different mediums, then yes, eventually that narrative will take hold and become "truth" or "fact".

    We have a lot of incompetent and uneducated people in this country. The media takes advantage of this.

    Why do you think the Left is so gung-ho about controlling social media? The MSM? Commercials? That's why a lot of the Left's leadership aren't decrying Twitter, Google, Apple, Amazon, and Facebook actively censoring content that doesn't jive with Leftist narrative.


    True. I mean, where is the ACLU????





  10. #22

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    Interesting thing happened to me when I woke up this morning. For whatever reason, this popped in my head. Hopefully some of you guys can explain the differences between the two.

    Trump was able to convince 70% of Republicans that Obama was a muslim and wasn't born in this country. He did this by constantly repeating it. Tweeting it. Claiming that he had irreputable proof. The proof was always around the corner, he had investigators. Even news networks and legislators bit from that apple.

    Fast forward some years. He does the same exact thing about wide spread voter fraud. 70% of republicans believe it. He constantly has been repeating this for years. He says he has the same irreputable proof that is around the corner. News networks and legislators parrot it.

    Let's me ask, is this a coincidence or is this JUST WHAT HE DOES.

    Seriously, can you guys admit the similarities?

    Convincing 70% of any group of something should be difficult. Not for Trump I guess. I think folks need to look within and really think about how this happens. Meaning, why is he always believed? What are the underlying reasons why if he says it, it has to be believed?

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Okay, now let me turn around and ask you a similar question.

    Why is it democrats always believe the narrative of an innocent black person being gunned down by racist police even after all the evidence has come out? The Floyd riots were far more destructive than the Capitol riots, and continued even after it was proven he died of an overdose. Kamala Harris told a rapist who was shot while in the process of kidnapping three children that she was proud of him. More riots. An officer was shot while serving a legal warrant and during the ensuing return fire, the person whose name was on the warrant was shot and killed. More riots.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock





  11. #23

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I know. I would say it's lazy thinking but a better way to describe it is "simplistic".

    Though I'm aware of that claim because he mentions it, it's not even a thing that occupies any part of my consciousness when thinking about Obama. It's like trying to brand 74 million people as "QAnon" people. It's convenient because it is kind of a smear that says "crazy, gullible, stupid". I have zero awareness of QAnon as well and don't understand why it keeps getting brought up. I can't name one thing that person has said or what he/she is all about.

    Then again I'm not a Twitiot (not referring to you DJ) nor am I on Facebook.
    Funny. No one ever heard of Qanon until dems started pushing it. Do they even exist or is this just another “Russian collusion” thing.





  12. #24

    Re: If you say it enough, it will be believed.

    You can't want unfettered capitalism and then be angry when private companies decide to exclude ppl for whatever reason.

    This is the power of money in the US. Its spiraled put of control.... in large part to the two party system

    There are huge companies that have monopolized information.

    The right has classically championed to be big business and classically the left is at least thought to pretend to be more prone to monopoly busting.


    We need a third party. Because the two will never agree because they think it looks weak to their radical bases.

    Businesses are too big. There are too few who have too much power right now.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site