Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Will these last few days be peaceful?

NCRaven, I don’t even know why you’re taking this stance, when you consider your stance on Trump’s rhetoric all throughout Wednesday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The issue is that you can see a clear difference in the response to peaceful protests, response to the storming of the Capitol, and the reality that Ravens75 had a very good point in his assertion about the reality of both situations.

Aside from the actual rioting that took place over the summer which, yes, I do feel that the fund should be much more selective with who they offer bail to.
    Conflating the issue. The protest at the Capitol was Wednesday. He banned for what he tweeted after.

“The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

“To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”

Harris tweet was while protest were still going on. Anyone still protest could see that tweet and reasonably assume they have bail ready to go. Whether she meant that or not.

Her tweets could waaaay more easily be taken to incite violence than Trumps.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Conflating the issue. The protest at the Capitol was Wednesday. He banned for what he tweeted after.

“The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

“To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”

Harris tweet was while protest were still going on. Anyone still protest could see that tweet and reasonably assume they have bail ready to go. Whether she meant that or not.

Her tweets could waaaay more easily be taken to incite violence than Trumps.
    Somehow, you believe that he was only banned for that one tweet alone.

Blog Entries

Somehow, you believe that he was only banned for that one tweet alone.
    A, he was b, Evading the issue

Of his tweets and hers, given the timing. Which is more likely to incite violence?

Blog Entries

A, he was b, Evading the issue

Of his tweets and hers, given the timing. Which is more likely to incite violence?
    You are hand picking one tweet, neglecting to mention that he has been flagged numerous times on that platform.

Blog Entries

You are hand picking one tweet, neglecting to mention that he has been flagged numerous times on that platform.
    A, I’m picking the two he was banned for.

B. Evading the issue

Reports coming out that there are plans for armed protests to stop bidens inauguration

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Reports coming out that there are plans for armed protests to stop bidens inauguration
    Lol.

Blog Entries

A, I’m picking the two he was banned for.

B. Evading the issue

Ex?

Blog Entries

Ex?
    There is no point is honestly discussing with you, because for the respect that you claimed to have for Terpsfan changing his mind, you’ve shown that you quite often do not do the same. You disingenuously tried to act as though you didn’t know the Capitol Building was federal property. You didn’t apologize or admit you were wrong. You, for some reason, argued that the crowd from the Trump rally couldn’t have made it to the Capitol in time. When it was explained to you by multiple posters that even at a 2 mph pace, which is slow compared to the normal average 3.5 mph pace, they could cover the ground in more than enough time, you didn’t admit you were wrong. You just left it alone.

You first claimed that it was Trump who called in the National Guard and I actually apologized for being wrong. But when it was found out that it was Pence who actually called them in and not Trump, you left it alone, until you came up with some New York Times piece that allegedly confirmed that Trump called them.....only for me to look, not be able to find it, and then for you to look, and not find it.

That is what you do, and then you keep going and keep going and keep going, and then zone in on any one little thing you think you can.

Blog Entries

That is what you do, and then you keep going and keep going and keep going, and then zone in on any one little thing you think you can.
    The one thing being the issue at hand.

Twitter banned Trump for inciting violence. Harris was never banned and the tweet was never removed, it’s still up tot his day.

Yet not only is there no outrage from you, you’re defending her tweet.

But let’s see if you can actually answer a simple question. Between his tweets and hers, given the timing of the two. Which is more likely to incite violence?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye's Moustache View Post
    They didn't suspend his account, they banned him. But not the Ayatollah Khomeini mind you.

Unless they have tweets of Trump calling for more violence (they don't or else they'd be all over the place) they are simply using their weight to muzzle someone they can't stand.

Suppressing speech, even from private companies (especially when said company is more powerful than some state governments) is never good.

Frankly, all it does is enflame things and put more gasoline on a fire, and tells half the voting public to go piss off. Twitter clearly does not want peace or unity, unsurprisingly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    This sets a dangerous precedence. If one private company gets to decide who can and cannnot be customers based on political views. Why can’t other companies not offer service to certain political groups? What is a bakery decides to not bake cake for BLM members.

It’s very dangerous when rules apply to obey group, but not another group.

So he’s, I predict either way, there will be more violence. The left seems to want it. Or at least, they want to silence and shame all conservatives. Which will lead to violence.