Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Will these last few days be peaceful?

If we can, for a moment, set aside whether or not Trump ‘should’ be pushed out early, let’s assume that he isn’t, will these last few days be peaceful? How confident are we that nothing else of this magnitude will happen?

Conversely, let us assume that he is indeed pushed out early. Would there be anything else of this magnitude happening? How confident are you in that answer, whether one way or the other?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Will these last few days be peaceful?

They’ll probably be peaceful.

Look, Trump is probably gone already. He’s probably just packing his bags and getting ready to go back to Mar-A-Lago or Trump tower in NYC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I heard rumors he has been moved to Texas for security reasons. No idea if this is true.

It should be peaceful. I think things like impeachment lessen that likelihood however.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

There is word coming from Twitter that “further violence” played a role in them suspending Trump’s account. In that, they’ve been hearing all over various social media platforms of a second planned attack.

Does anyone give credence to the rumors?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There is word coming from Twitter that “further violence” played a role in them suspending Trump’s account. In that, they’ve been hearing all over various social media platforms of a second planned attack.

Does anyone give credence to the rumors?
    They didn't suspend his account, they banned him. But not the Ayatollah Khomeini mind you.

Unless they have tweets of Trump calling for more violence (they don't or else they'd be all over the place) they are simply using their weight to muzzle someone they can't stand.

Suppressing speech, even from private companies (especially when said company is more powerful than some state governments) is never good.

Frankly, all it does is enflame things and put more gasoline on a fire, and tells half the voting public to go piss off. Twitter clearly does not want peace or unity, unsurprisingly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye's Moustache View Post
    They didn't suspend his account, they banned him. But not the Ayatollah Khomeini mind you.

Unless they have tweets of Trump calling for more violence (they don't or else they'd be all over the place) they are simply using their weight to muzzle someone they can't stand.

Suppressing speech, even from private companies (especially when said company is more powerful than some state governments) is never good.

Frankly, all it does is enflame things and put more gasoline on a fire, and tells half the voting public to go piss off. Twitter clearly does not want peace or unity, unsurprisingly.

Do you consider the possibility that many of these people are waiting for word from him before acting? Hence, why he was taken off of Twitter, to eliminate one mode of communication in that regard?

Blog Entries

Do you consider the possibility that many of these people are waiting for word from him before acting? Hence, why he was taken off of Twitter, to eliminate one mode of communication in that regard?
    Why not be banned for this?
    https://mobile.twitter.com/DineshDSo...02802208010250

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    She is in no way advocating that bail be posted for rioters. She is talking about protestors. There were certainly peaceful protestors who were locked up.

Blog Entries

She is in no way advocating that bail be posted for rioters. She is talking about protestors. There were certainly peaceful protestors who were locked up.
    Lol. I knew that’s what you’d say.

So... have a bail fund ready to go in no way makes people feel enabled to commit a crime. Got it.

Your hypocrisy knows no limits.

Blog Entries

Lol. I knew that’s what you’d say.

So... have a bail fund ready to go in no way makes people feel enabled to commit a crime. Got it.

Your hypocrisy knows no limits.
    She in no way endorsed crime. While we saw looting and burning, we also saw the treatment of some peaceful protestors. She condemned the violence.

Though, I do feel that said fund should do a much better job of being selective with who they offer bail to.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 01-09-2021 at 06:22 PM.

Blog Entries

She in no way endorsed crime. While we saw looting and burning, we also saw the treatment of some peaceful protestors.
    Trump didn’t get banned for endorsing a crime. It was for inciting violence.

Can you honestly tell me what Trump was banned for us more likely to incite violence then Harris trying to establish a bail fund for protestors?

Imagine if Trump said let’s have a protest at the Capitol, I’ve established bail fund in case they lock up any peaceful protestors.

See the problem now, or no?

Blog Entries

Trump didn’t get banned for enduros crime. It was for encoring violence.

Can you honestly tell me what Trump was banned for us more likely to incite violence then Harris trying to establish a bail fund for protestors?

Imagine if Trump said let’s have a protest at the Capitol, I’ve established bail fund in case they lock up any peaceful protestors.

See the problem now, or no?
    The issue is that you can see a clear difference in the response to peaceful protests, response to the storming of the Capitol, and the reality that Ravens75 had a very good point in his assertion about the reality of both situations.

Aside from the actual rioting that took place over the summer which, yes, I do feel that the fund should be much more selective with who they offer bail to.