Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why it happened

Why it happened

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree with a pretty much everything you posted, but I would suggest that both parties are probably the recipient of illegal votes. To what degree...it's hard to say.
    I dont like to deal in absolutes, so if you mean 99/1 or 98/2 we don’t disagree. I may even be willing to go to 97/3 percent split, but absolutely one side gets almost all the illegal and fraudulent votes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jonboy79; 01-10-2021 at 12:20 PM.

Re: Why it happened

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I dont like to deal in absolutes, so if you mean 99/1 or 98/2 we still disagree. I may even be willing to go to 97/3 percent split, but absolutely one side gets almost all the illegal and fraudulent votes.

Wait. So you are suggesting that when 5 states stop counting votes at night, with one candidate in the lead, then resume counting votes at 4am, only to miraculously swing the winner in all 5 states, this is bad?

I for one, think this is the best way to find winners. Let’s have a super bowl, play til there is 2 mins left in the 4th quarter. Then turn out the lights, And check the score the next day. There is a good chance if your team is down by 3 TDS, they could pull off the win while the lights are out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Wait. So you are suggesting that when 5 states stop counting votes at night, with one candidate in the lead, then resume counting votes at 4am, only to miraculously swing the winner in all 5 states, this is bad?

I for one, think this is the best way to find winners. Let’s have a super bowl, play til there is 2 mins left in the 4th quarter. Then turn out the lights, And check the score the next day. There is a good chance if your team is down by 3 TDS, they could pull off the win while the lights are out.
    Lol. Didnt the 49ers try that? Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    A not fully informed European checks in and wonders about voter ID

Before these elections we hear in the US media for months and months about Voter ID

Some want strict controls while others argue against this and claim it discriminates against minority groups

Why is it even a question? I’ve had to show ID all my life and think nothing of it.

42% of US citizens have a passport which is astoundingly low. I don’t know an adult in my life that doesn’t have a passport
    (Source an unscientific google search with stats from 2019)

I dunno, seems strange to me that people get riled up and States get taken to court over a basic request to have acceptable ID

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Passport thing is because the vast majority of adults in the US don't travel abroad. You don't typically see people here get it until they're getting ready to make an international trip for the first time.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

After a few days to reflect on this, here's what I think happened.

Trump wanted a rally planned on the 6th to ensure maximum public pressure on politicians to object to counting the electoral votes. So hundreds of thousands came in to do exactly that. If you read Trump's transcript of his Jan 6th speech, he doesn't explicitly or implicitly call for violence. In fact he explicitly encourages the crowd to do the exact opposite, but he does encourage the crowd to march to the Capitol

When people marched to the Capitol, a group toward the front forced their way in. I have yet to see it confirmed WHO these people were, of what political persuasion they were. If anyone else has info on the people that physically broke in, post it. Regardless of who those front line people were, it's obvious the vast majority in attendance were Trump supporters and thousands of them followed that initial group inside or as close to inside as they could get.

Security guards are shown on video welcoming the mob into the Capitol by opening gates, with one saying something to the effect of "I don't agree with what you're doing, but" and then letting them in anyway. I did see video of a guy wearing all black with a shaved head full of tattoos repeatedly throwing a rock at one of the windows. Most of the Trump fans were dressed in red, white and blue or carrying flags.

It looks like it was a mix of mostly Trump supporters, with some agent provocateurs who were destroying property. It makes sense this was orchestrated to paint the Trump movement as domestic terrorists, which then paved the way for all the social media companies to ban Trump's speech, and then the FBI to charge people who entered the Capitol. It was like an anti-Trump Reichstag event designed to erase Trump from political life and brand his followers as terrorists. Then Biden and others could come in later with the "we must heal" rhetoric to make him the good guy, by contrast.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack; 01-14-2021 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post

Trump wanted a rally planned on the 6th to ensure maximum public pressure on politicians to object to counting the electoral votes. So hundreds of thousands came in to do exactly that. If you read Trump's transcript of his Jan 6th speech, he doesn't explicitly or implicitly call for violence. In fact he explicitly encourages the crowd to do the exact opposite, but he does encourage the crowd to march to the Captiol.

When people marched to the Capitol, a group toward the front forced their way in. I have yet to see it confirmed WHO these people were, of what political persuasion they were. If anyone else has info on the people that physically broke in, post it. Regardless of who those front line people were, it's obvious the vast majority in attendance were Trump supporters and thousands of them followed that initial group inside or as close to inside as they could get.

Security guards are shown on video welcoming the mob into the Capitol by opening gates, with one saying something to the effect of "I don't agree with what you're doing, but" and then letting them in anyway. I did see video of a guy wearing all black with a shaved head full of tattoos repeatedly throwing a rock at one of the windows. Most of the Trump fans were dressed in red, white and blue or carrying flags.

It looks like it was a mix of mostly Trump supporters, with some agent provocateurs who were destroying property. It makes sense this was orchestrated to paint the Trump movement as domestic terrorists, which then paved the way for all the social media companies to ban Trump's speech, and then the FBI to charge people who entered the Capitol. It was like an anti-Trump Reichstag event designed to erase Trump from political life and brand his followers as terrorists. Then Biden and others could come in later with the "we must heal" rhetoric to make him the good guy, by contrast.
    That theory is far too complicated. It simply boils down to a bunch of seriously pissed off angry Trump supporters who got too emotional and did something incredibly stupid, dangerous, and unlawful - using impaired thinking that this was 1776 all over again. Probably a group of them planned this in advance and others followed their stupidity. It's ok, the FBI will round them up. Do we need to heal - yes. Will it happen - nope.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post

Trump wanted a rally planned on the 6th to ensure maximum public pressure on politicians to object to counting the electoral votes. So hundreds of thousands came in to do exactly that. If you read Trump's transcript of his Jan 6th speech, he doesn't explicitly or implicitly call for violence. In fact he explicitly encourages the crowd to do the exact opposite, but he does encourage the crowd to march to the Capitol

This is the most logical explanation. And so far, the only facts we have, back this theory.