Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 31

Thread: Why it happened

  1. #1

    Why it happened

    I was going to post this a few days ago but didn't.

    What happened at the capital was not people angry their guy didn't win trying to overthrow a duly elected president. It was people who thought they were preventing an election from being stolen by fraud. And that happened because they have zero faith in our election process.

    Unless you think that there is not room for improvement in the current process (doubtful) or that it's not important (doubtful) and in light of what happened can we agree it's more important than ever to create a universally agreed upon process to elect our political leaders so it's not possible for people to doubt the outcome of the election?

    I saw a post on twitter a couple weeks ago by an Israeli talking about why what was happening here could never happen there.

    https://twitter.com/davidboxenhorn/s...51098692997123

    There is a lot of good information and ideas there.

    The problem as I see it is that neither political party will agree to anything except reforms that benefit their side.

    Something needs to be done though or I fear something much worse than January 6 will happen in the future.





  2. #2

    Re: Why it happened

    The other problem standing in the way is that if your guys wins, which for a while now means roughly half the country in our fucked up 2 party system, no one gives a shit.





  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,537
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why it happened

    Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    The other problem standing in the way is that if your guys wins, which for a while now means roughly half the country in our fucked up 2 party system, no one gives a shit.
    Then they get what they want - NY/California = 1 party rule.
    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





  4. #4

    Re: Why it happened

    I donít think we will see anything like this again in our lifetime.

    Here is what I think will happen

    The ruling class (lifetime politicians that are becoming multi millionaires while in office) wonít allow any more outsiders to have a chance.

    I think they will make an example out of trump. Continuous trials to cause him to go bankrupt. This will deter anyone from ever thinking an outsider can be president.

    Nothing will be done to change how the voting process works, because this is the ultimate power. One part controls all sources of media (news and entertainment), education, technology. They get to decide how the election process works. They can change the rules at anytime of an election is in doubt, they can stop counting and change the outcome in the dark of night.

    Meanwhile, the education side will change history books to remove any success trump had
    The news and entertainment side will flood you with useful info showing how corrupt Trump is.

    Nothing will be changed with the election process.

    Until


    The left tries to grab too much. For now, they use smoke screens to claim they are against the rich. But the rich all vote D. All of the richest people we can think of, vote dem. And look, they are getting super rich.

    But eventually, they left will come for you. I predict the first power grab will be free college. Which means raising taxes
    Then wiping out all debt for those that didnít pay. More taxes.
    Then they will target 401k accounts. Taking control to help pay for the free stuff.

    All of these things are currently being floated.

    Eventually, the tipping point will happen.

    But I donít expect any change to the election process. Why? They have power, why make it easy for someone else to get power?





  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dyess AFB
    Posts
    1,846

    Re: Why it happened

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I donít think we will see anything like this again in our lifetime.

    Here is what I think will happen

    The ruling class (lifetime politicians that are becoming multi millionaires while in office) wonít allow any more outsiders to have a chance.

    I think they will make an example out of trump. Continuous trials to cause him to go bankrupt. This will deter anyone from ever thinking an outsider can be president.

    Nothing will be done to change how the voting process works, because this is the ultimate power. One part controls all sources of media (news and entertainment), education, technology. They get to decide how the election process works. They can change the rules at anytime of an election is in doubt, they can stop counting and change the outcome in the dark of night.

    Meanwhile, the education side will change history books to remove any success trump had
    The news and entertainment side will flood you with useful info showing how corrupt Trump is.

    Nothing will be changed with the election process.

    Until


    The left tries to grab too much. For now, they use smoke screens to claim they are against the rich. But the rich all vote D. All of the richest people we can think of, vote dem. And look, they are getting super rich.

    But eventually, they left will come for you. I predict the first power grab will be free college. Which means raising taxes
    Then wiping out all debt for those that didnít pay. More taxes.
    Then they will target 401k accounts. Taking control to help pay for the free stuff.

    All of these things are currently being floated.

    Eventually, the tipping point will happen.

    But I donít expect any change to the election process. Why? They have power, why make it easy for someone else to get power?
    I agree with alot of what your saying and you and I dont agree on much the only thing I disagree when you say about JUST the left grabbing to much both parties do the same it's not just one that's what I have been saying all along. Trump may have done some good things but it will be overruled by 5he last days of his presidency. As you know I'm not a trump fan at all but it's bad how his legacy will be remembered for this when he tries hard for it to be otherwise

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk





  6. #6

    Re: Why it happened

    Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    I agree with alot of what your saying and you and I dont agree on much the only thing I disagree when you say about JUST the left grabbing to much both parties do the same it's not just one that's what I have been saying all along. Trump may have done some good things but it will be overruled by 5he last days of his presidency. As you know I'm not a trump fan at all but it's bad how his legacy will be remembered for this when he tries hard for it to be otherwise

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    This.

    He poured a can of gasoline on his legacy and any future he might have had because he was too dumb to imagine what could happen by riling up a crowd of people in front of the capital. Maybe he knew. I think he wanted a spectacle but didn't think it'd be anything more than that. Given the last year that was almost criminally stupid. The moment that one guy started fighting a capital police at the barricade, the first barricade, his legacy was done. I would say it's not all his fault because he did not do those acts himself but there was zero degrees of separation between him and that crowd. Just dumb. Irresponsible.

    BUT WE ARE BEATING THIS HORSE ON OTHER THREADS.

    We need to reform our electoral process. Sadly, due to one party rule, I think what you'll see is Democrats doing things that maximize their advantage and keeping all the things that do the same and calling that "reform".





  7. #7

    Re: Why it happened

    Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    I agree with alot of what your saying and you and I dont agree on much the only thing I disagree when you say about JUST the left grabbing to much both parties do the same it's not just one that's what I have been saying all along. Trump may have done some good things but it will be overruled by 5he last days of his presidency. As you know I'm not a trump fan at all but it's bad how his legacy will be remembered for this when he tries hard for it to be otherwise

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I only said the power grab from the left. Because they have complete control now. And the gop won’t have any power anytime soon. Unless the ruling class want to give them some power. I don’t see the gop getting power from an election





  8. #8

    Re: Why it happened

    Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    This.

    He poured a can of gasoline on his legacy and any future he might have had because he was too dumb to imagine what could happen by riling up a crowd of people in front of the capital. Maybe he knew. I think he wanted a spectacle but didn't think it'd be anything more than that. Given the last year that was almost criminally stupid. The moment that one guy started fighting a capital police at the barricade, the first barricade, his legacy was done. I would say it's not all his fault because he did not do those acts himself but there was zero degrees of separation between him and that crowd. Just dumb. Irresponsible.

    BUT WE ARE BEATING THIS HORSE ON OTHER THREADS.

    We need to reform our electoral process. Sadly, due to one party rule, I think what you'll see is Democrats doing things that maximize their advantage and keeping all the things that do the same and calling that "reform".
    I don’t see how you blame trump for the actions of a few radicals. Just like we didn’t blame Schumer and Pelosi when the radicals stormed the capital during the kavanaugh hearings.

    Didn’t matter what Trump did, the elite class was going to make an example of him. Just another example of why I think this was staged. Too many coincidences





  9. #9

    Re: Why it happened

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I don’t see how you blame trump for the actions of a few radicals. Just like we didn’t blame Schumer and Pelosi when the radicals stormed the capital during the kavanaugh hearings.

    Didn’t matter what Trump did, the elite class was going to make an example of him. Just another example of why I think this was staged. Too many coincidences
    Yeah but this time it's justified. None of those other times it was.





  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dyess AFB
    Posts
    1,846

    Re: Why it happened

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I only said the power grab from the left. Because they have complete control now. And the gop wonít have any power anytime soon. Unless the ruling class want to give them some power. I donít see the gop getting power from an election
    Yeah I feel you

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk





  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    9,506

    Re: Why it happened

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I only said the power grab from the left. Because they have complete control now. And the gop wonít have any power anytime soon. Unless the ruling class want to give them some power. I donít see the gop getting power from an election
    Eh. We'll see how things go. Even with a 51/50 advantage, the dems can only railroad judicial appointments through. Reconciliation can be used on budget bills, but you still need a passed bill to reconcile first.

    Gop also still theoretically has the edge on the Supreme Court. I doubt the Dems can pass any voter reforms that only benefit them (at least at the national level)

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk





  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Posts
    1,085

    Re: Why it happened

    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I only said the power grab from the left. Because they have complete control now. And the gop wonít have any power anytime soon. Unless the ruling class want to give them some power. I donít see the gop getting power from an election
    Don't you worry. The Dems are stupid. They'll over reach and in the next election cycle or two will usher in a new crew.

    Let's see if they've learned. If they don't present policies for the folks that ushered them in... The above will happen.

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site