Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why it happened

Blog Entries

Re: Why it happened

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    Don't you worry. The Dems are stupid. They'll over reach and in the next election cycle or two will usher in a new crew.

Let's see if they've learned. If they don't present policies for the folks that ushered them in... The above will happen.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Truth. They won't stay out of their own way, because they can't. Watch.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Why it happened

A not fully informed European checks in and wonders about voter ID

Before these elections we hear in the US media for months and months about Voter ID

Some want strict controls while others argue against this and claim it discriminates against minority groups

Why is it even a question? I’ve had to show ID all my life and think nothing of it.

42% of US citizens have a passport which is astoundingly low. I don’t know an adult in my life that doesn’t have a passport
    (Source an unscientific google search with stats from 2019)

I dunno, seems strange to me that people get riled up and States get taken to court over a basic request to have acceptable ID

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    A not fully informed European checks in and wonders about voter ID

Before these elections we hear in the US media for months and months about Voter ID

Some want strict controls while others argue against this and claim it discriminates against minority groups

Why is it even a question? I’ve had to show ID all my life and think nothing of it.

42% of US citizens have a passport which is astoundingly low. I don’t know an adult in my life that doesn’t have a passport
    (Source an unscientific google search with stats from 2019)

I dunno, seems strange to me that people get riled up and States get taken to court over a basic request to have acceptable ID

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This is how conservatives in our country feel.
    The liberal party however, claims its racist, because poor people can’t afford ID, and poor people are non-white. As per usual, that thought process is more racist than anything the conservatives can think of.
    In reality, the liberals want to continue receiving illegal votes, and that is why they pose the laws.
    Our constitution has a prohibition against a poll tax and as such voter ID law attempts get shot down by our Supreme Court. As of yet, no states decided to offer free Voter ID’s, the middle ground.
    This year, they required a mask to vote, which by any measure should have been considered a poll tax...

If one of our two parties wasn’t feasting on illegal and fraudulent votes we would have Voter ID laws, it’s as simple as that. They don’t want fair elections, they can only win rigged ones. It’s why 95% of our landmass always votes conservative but we keep having close elections because the cities vote almost 100% liberal on almost 100% turnout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Re: Why it happened

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The liberal party however, claims its racist, because poor people can’t afford ID, and poor people are non-white. As per usual, that thought process is more racist than anything the conservatives can think of.
    In reality, the liberals want to continue receiving illegal votes, and that is why they pose the laws.
    Our constitution has a prohibition against a poll tax and as such voter ID law attempts get shot down by our Supreme Court. As of yet, no states decided to offer free Voter ID’s, the middle ground.
    This year, they required a mask to vote, which by any measure should have been considered a poll tax...

If one of our two parties wasn’t feasting on illegal and fraudulent votes we would have Voter ID laws, it’s as simple as that. They don’t want fair elections, they can only win rigged ones. It’s why 95% of our landmass always votes conservative but we keep having close elections because the cities vote almost 100% liberal on almost 100% turnout.

https://youtu.be/yW2LpFkVfYk

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Then they get what they want - NY/California = 1 party rule.
    How’s that work 4 yrs ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    How’s that work 4 yrs ago?

What is your question? How did ca/ny work 4 years ago?

The problem with voting in our country isn’t the process or even a lack there of. The problem is us. Everyone and everything has a price.

You don’t hear about rampant voter fraud during the mid-term elections ! Wonder why?? No EC involved. We the People actually still vote for every office except POTUS. So if our votes count ...it’s cost too much to “buy” us all. There is still a prob here but I’ll come back to that.

Now for POTUS elections we use the EC. It’s worked great and without a lot of problems until the last 30-40 yrs. Prior to Bush Jr ...hadn’t been talked about in like 100 yrs. Now since 2001 it’s been the decider twice! Why? Simple answer really. Greed. Money. Promise of power.
    Both sides ( DNC , RNC) have HUGE coffers full of money to buy votes.

In both the ‘01 AND 0’16 elections the RNC won. Why? I believe simply they had the less offensive candidate! That’s why the American people didn’t riot and burn down DC. No one really wanted Gore and no one with any Spence wanted Killary! So we get W and Trump. It worked for W because of 9/11. It didn’t work for Trump because of Covid -19 and his personality.

At the heart though ...big business , Wall St chose these guys because they would prob change the tax laws to benifit the Upper 1%.

Now it’s a different set of 1% ers who put the Dems in power. Joe has 4 yrs ( maybe ?) to please his masters or he’ll be out and we’ll get Cruz , Pence or whoever they pick.

Electors for the EC arnt held to their vote by most states. Hence ...they “vote” as they are bought to. How would we know if they didn’t? We don’t.

In the midterm elections I think the American people are too lazy and just too loyal to vote properly. When they vote ( a lot less than for POTUS) they basically vote for whatever party they align with.

The problem with this is ...it doesn’t promote change and we end up with Career Politicians. Take Nasty Nancy and Bitchy Mitch. You can’t tell me that their citizens really agree and support most of their decisions. They’re out of touch. Have been.

We can force change. Vote the other person during the midterms. Leave party affiliations at the door. Eliminate Career politicians. Make the 1%ers keep buying new blood. We can flip the House and Senate in four years. 2 elections! But we won’t. We’re lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    What is your question? How did ca/ny work 4 years ago?
    NC said that NY and Cali basically elect who they want. Both are Blue states. So by his theory How did Trump win 4 yrs ago? He didn’t win NY and Cali popular vote.

Basically just NC being his Salty Self.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    The problem with voting in our country isn’t the process or even a lack there of. The problem is us. Everyone and everything has a price.

You don’t hear about rampant voter fraud during the mid-term elections ! Wonder why?? No EC involved. We the People actually still vote for every office except POTUS. So if our votes count ...it’s cost too much to “buy” us all. There is still a prob here but I’ll come back to that.

Now for POTUS elections we use the EC. It’s worked great and without a lot of problems until the last 30-40 yrs. Prior to Bush Jr ...hadn’t been talked about in like 100 yrs. Now since 2001 it’s been the decider twice! Why? Simple answer really. Greed. Money. Promise of power.
    Both sides ( DNC , RNC) have HUGE coffers full of money to buy votes.

In both the ‘01 AND 0’16 elections the RNC won. Why? I believe simply they had the less offensive candidate! That’s why the American people didn’t riot and burn down DC. No one really wanted Gore and no one with any Spence wanted Killary! So we get W and Trump. It worked for W because of 9/11. It didn’t work for Trump because of Covid -19 and his personality.

At the heart though ...big business , Wall St chose these guys because they would prob change the tax laws to benifit the Upper 1%.

Now it’s a different set of 1% ers who put the Dems in power. Joe has 4 yrs ( maybe ?) to please his masters or he’ll be out and we’ll get Cruz , Pence or whoever they pick.

Electors for the EC arnt held to their vote by most states. Hence ...they “vote” as they are bought to. How would we know if they didn’t? We don’t.

In the midterm elections I think the American people are too lazy and just too loyal to vote properly. When they vote ( a lot less than for POTUS) they basically vote for whatever party they align with.

Whats up Lax? Getting psyched for the game? I"m gonna be in Dewey next week for kitchen cabinet renovation related activities. Every time I'm driving on 16 driving I'm like "Lax lives over that way" looking southwest, lol.

I think u hit on something important. How do you think the founding fathers would feel about the absolute lock our 2 party system has on power?

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Whats up Lax? Getting psyched for the game? I"m gonna be in Dewey next week for kitchen cabinet renovation related activities. Every time I'm driving on 16 driving I'm like "Lax lives over that way" looking southwest, lol.

I think u hit on something important. How do you think the founding fathers would feel about the absolute lock our 2 party system has on power?
    I think they’d hate it. It’s really NOT a choice. Both parties are horrible. Then both have splinter factions inside of each. It’s really sad that Most of either side can agree on policy.

Can’t wait for the game! Got a back strap in the smoker , fresh growler of Tall Tales beer and my Mrs and the Dogs. Lol.
    Maybe after the Covid-19 Zombie Apocalypse we can have a drink together when your down the beach.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

I agree with a pretty much everything you posted, but I would suggest that both parties are probably the recipient of illegal votes. To what degree...it's hard to say.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.