Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What is treason?

I am hearing many on the left claim that trump needs to be impeached for treason. Inciting violence etc.

I just got a news blurb on my phone that said Pelosi went to the military leaders and told them to not talk to trump. At what point is Pelosi committing treason? If she doesn’t think he is fit, there is a process. But for a speaker to make that call on her own, then tell military leaders to ignore the president and listen to her??

What are the ramifications of this? In two years, if the gop wins the house, can they start telling military leaders to ignore Harris?

Re: What is treason?

I've thought about this today too. I think selling out your country to a hostile foreign power is most definitely treason. Spying for instance. I understand laws govern these things but people are not sharing the same reality right now. People thinking they are patriots are looking at other people who think they are Patriots and seeing terrorists and vice versa. I think it's possible for someone to do something that they think is saving the country and it is clearly treason/terrorism to someone else.

People are not even talking about why it happened. It happened because our election system is not designed in a way that makes it trustworthy to the point where it's not possible for people to believe there was fraud.

Ideally there is no light there to provide an opening to convince so many people that it is true there was fraud...that the the system can be gamed. And this last election WAS weird. It was different and it was, as has been the case lately, close.

We should be talking about ways to make so there is NO WAY for people to doubt the outcome of the election. That would be the logical thing to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    We should be talking about ways to make so there is NO WAY for people to doubt the outcome of the election. That would be the logical thing to talk about.
    Voter ID

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Voter ID
    Voter ID is racist and fraud never occurs.

At least that is what I'm told....

Quote Originally Posted by BuryRaven View Post
    Voter ID is racist and fraud never occurs.

At least that is what I'm told....
    And therein lies the problem. I started a topic to discuss election reforms and concluded that our parties jockeying for advantage are why something so doable is not going to be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    And therein lies the problem. I started a topic to discuss election reforms and concluded that our parties jockeying for advantage are why something so doable is not going to be possible.
    It is and always will be about power dynamics. If you permit voter fraud audits and something major comes about, it questions legitimacy on any and everything, nope cant have that. Voter ID? Perhaps we cut down 5% of the popular vote due to fraud at the origin with this but that also cant happen because well power dynamics.

It is telling how this is a consistent stalemate, so few seem to really push for such reform..

Accusing Trump of treason LOL that's a good one

Blog Entries

These dead people that are still on the voter rolls. Does this mean that they are still collecting Social Security, Pensions etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    These dead people that are still on the voter rolls. Does this mean that they are still collecting Social Security, Pensions etc.?
    In some cases...yes. SS fraud happens more than you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as Treason goes ...a guy like Snowden ...Traitor! Should be hanged outside the Capital building for all to see.

Killary ...Traitor for knowingly being involved with the deaths of Americans at our embassy is inexcusable. Hang her next to Snowden.

As far as Trump...if the Congress can prove that he lead, in-sighted or had anything to do with the attempted coup of our Congress...yes. He should be tried for treason. That was a direct assault on Our County and Our Gov.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    As far as Treason goes ...a guy like Snowden ...Traitor! Should be hanged outside the Capital building for all to see.

Killary ...Traitor for knowingly being involved with the deaths of Americans at our embassy is inexcusable. Hang her next to Snowden.

As far as Trump...if the Congress can prove that he lead, in-sighted or had anything to do with the attempted coup of our Congress...yes. He should be tried for treason. That was a direct assault on Our County and Our Gov.

I agree. But his speech, telling people to go to the capital and protest, far from being involved. Here in America, you cannot be jailed for the way (someone that hates you) interprets what you say, by reading between the line. I say you cannot. I should add. YET. Looks like many on the left want that to be a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I agree. But his speech, telling people to go to the capital and protest, far from being involved. Here in America, you cannot be jailed for the way (someone that hates you) interprets what you say, by reading between the line. I say you cannot. I should add. YET. Looks like many on the left want that to be a crime.
    I don’t really disagree with you. That’s why I said IF Congress can prove his involvement. Simply having a rally and encouraging people to March to the Capital is not treason.