Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: High praise for Ravens coaching staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....

Our Ravens had a very special season with a 2,000 yard rusher in Jamal Lewis. We won the division only to have the Ten Titans come to town and hold our 2k monster to 35 yards on 14 carries. So we balanced that ledger today.

Still crazy that the home team has never won in our playoff games...
    So Henry and Jamal in the same club.

And five games and 0-5 to the homefield.. and I believe in 2000, 2008 and 2019 it was against the topseeded.

Hopefully we will end that streak next time they visit us the PO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    A win today would increase John Harbaugh's playoff win % to .611. He would (at least temporarily) join Bill Belichick and Joe Gibbs as the only Super Bowl winning coaches with a .600 regular season win % (min 200 games) and .600 playoff win %. Impressive history.
    Interesting tidbit, very cool for Harbaugh. He would have to win against Bills on Saturday to maintain it through the end of these playoffs. If win against Bills and lose against Chiefs/Browns then he would be .600 in postseason. Lose Super Bowl = .619. Win Super Bowl = .667. Lose to Bills = .579.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Our Ravens had a very special season with a 2,000 yard rusher in Jamal Lewis. We won the division only to have the Ten Titans come to town and hold our 2k monster to 35 yards on 14 carries. So we balanced that ledger today.

Didn't we win a home playoff game against the Andrew Luck Colts in the wild card round in '12?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    Didn't we win a home playoff game against the Andrew Luck Colts in the wild card round in '12?
    I believe by "our playoff games" he was referring to playoff games between Titans and Ravens, where the away team is 5-0 (3 Ravens wins in Nashville, 2 Titans wins in Baltimore).

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I believe by "our playoff games" he was referring to playoff games between Titans and Ravens, where the away team is 5-0 (3 Ravens wins in Nashville, 2 Titans wins in Baltimore).

Gotcha. I misunderstood. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    A win today would increase John Harbaugh's playoff win % to .611. He would (at least temporarily) join Bill Belichick and Joe Gibbs as the only Super Bowl winning coaches with a .600 regular season win % (min 200 games) and .600 playoff win %. Impressive history.
    Hmm.

I love shit like this, that puts Harbs in historical perspective. But I think this is a little deceptive, because of that "minimum 200 games" thing. That's really restrictive. Only 40 guys have coached 200 games in the whole history of the league.

If we drop the 200-games requirement, here's the list of coaches with a .600 win% in both the reg-season and the post-season:
    (Includes a couple guys who haven't won a championship)

.600/.600 Club
    Coach G RegWin% Playoff% Champs
    Vince Lombardi+ 136 0.738 0.900 5
    Potsy Clark 118 0.604 1.000 1
    Bill Belichick 416 0.673 0.721 6
    George Halas+ 497 0.682 0.667 6
    Greasy Neale+ 111 0.594 0.750 2
    Barry Switzer 64 0.625 0.714 1
    Joe Gibbs+ 248 0.621 0.708 3
    Bill Walsh+ 152 0.609 0.714 3
    Jim Harbaugh 64 0.695 0.625 0
    George Seifert 176 0.648 0.667 2
    Buck Shaw 150 0.621 0.667 1
    Sean McVay 64 0.672 0.600 0
    Curly Lambeau+ 380 0.631 0.600 6
    John Harbaugh 208 0.620 0.611 1

It's a nice list. 14 coaches; seven HOFers (incl Belichicik), a couple guys who inherited perfect situations (Switzer & Seifert), a couple whiz-kid meteors (Jim Harbs & McVay), a couple guys I've never heard of (Potsy & Buck), and our Harbs.

● Potsy Clark coached in the 1930s. He was the coach when the Detroit Lions won the 1935 NFL championship: a 1-game postseason, so his postseason record is 1-0.

● Buck Shaw coached the Niners in the 40s & 50s, and the Eagles 1958-60. He was the coach when the Eagles won the 1960 championship, in another 1-game postseason; bringing his career postseason record to 2-1.

This list is more fluid than it looks. Bruce Arians would climb onto it if the Buccs beat the Saints next wkend, bringing his postseason record to 3-2. Conversely, Sean Payton would climb onto this list if the Saints advanced to the SB this year, bringing his postseason record to .611. Hell, Matt LaFleur hasn't even coached 35 games yet, but would jump onto this list if the Packers beat the Rams next wkend, bringing his postseason record to 2-1.

Interesting stuff!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    This has been addressed now, but would just like to add we have won two home play off games

One against the Colts as you've said

And one against the Texans at home when we were the 2 seed the year before

Blog Entries

Cool Re: High praise for Ravens coaching staff

Ah yes, Rygar, while history does tend to repeat itself, isn't it satisfying that the Jamal Lewis containment was about 17-18 years ago, while Henry's was YESTERDAY? Doesn't the beer taste better today, and the bird's songs are sweeter, and life itself seems worthier of living? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    I love how this thread is trolling the Harbs hater crowd.
    This ^................................However, they'll be back to whining and complaining at the first opportunity. We're fortunate to have our coach. Very fortunate. We could have (do less with more) Tomlin LOL.

Watching Harbaugh on NFL Network:

“Right now, it’s the No. 1 best win,” Harbaugh said. “In perspective, it’s gonna be a Top 5 for sure, but right now for me, it’s the best win ever. Not just because of what was at stake, but because of the guys and what it meant to our team, to our guys. This may be the best win I’ve ever been associated with.”
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    Watching Harbaugh on NFL Network:

“Right now, it’s the No. 1 best win,” Harbaugh said. “In perspective, it’s gonna be a Top 5 for sure, but right now for me, it’s the best win ever. Not just because of what was at stake, but because of the guys and what it meant to our team, to our guys. This may be the best win I’ve ever been associated with.”
    I took two things from what Harbs said:

1.) He recognizes the importance of getting this iteration of the Ravens to finally learn how to win in the playoffs. The only guys on this team that have won a playoff game are Jimmy, Pernell and BWill on defense(Calais, Yannick and Wolfe won with other teams). No one on offense besides Snead and Dez with other teams. And the Wolfpack and Anthony Levine on ST.
    All of our key players and more importantly, the young core of this team that will be built around, had not yet learned that lesson and now they have. They implicitly understand how painful it is to lose and what it takes to win. That will pay dividends for years to come IMO.

2.) He really really really does not like Mike Vrabel and the Titans.

David Culley, Ravens Passing Game coordinator and WR coach, will interview for the Texans Head Coaching position