Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: OT: Polar Vortex

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Shots fired.
    LOL - not really! I have to acknowledge he is in a superior position in regards to cold-wussiness. I was in Indiana and experience about 5 minutes of 30 below and yech! No thanks! He wins.

Blog Entries

Cool Re: OT: Polar Vortex

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaRaven View Post
    Haha! I take a 3 min Ice cold shower every day. I will occasionally jump into a hole in the ice to swim too. My son and I did a Polar plunge last year and it was 7F outside that day. That was the first time swimming in weather that cold, I wondered if the water would feel warm... It didn't. Lake superior is 54F all summer.
    MR, this sounds somewhat familiar. Many years ago, as a young man, my girlfriends would recommend I do that too ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But we ain’t gonna get a lot of snow. At least not in AA county.

I made sure if this, a few years ago.

I bought a snow blower. Haven’t had to use it yet.

Same thing happened about 10 years ago. We kept losing power. Then a hurricane went through and we lost power for 8 days. I bought a generator and the power never went out again. I never had to use it.

So don’t worry about snow on AA co. It ain’t happening now that I have a snow blower
    This explains a lot

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Joe biden thread here??

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Now that the holidays are over, I'm ready for spring weather!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    We used to get Spring up here at the end of March but now it doesn’t start tell May 1st. Winter doesn’t show up tell after Christmas now whereas it used to start before Thanksgiving when I was younger. The seasons have shifted. We used to get Summer at the end of May but now it’s Late June tell Late September. Is it just me but does anyone else notice this?

Haha! I take a 3 min Ice cold shower every day. I will occasionally jump into a hole in the ice to swim too. My son and I did a Polar plunge last year and it was 7F outside that day. That was the first time swimming in weather that cold, I wondered if the water would feel warm... It didn't. Lake superior is 54F all summer.
    I remember Lake Superior froze over in 2014. There was still Icebergs spotted around the Upper Peninsula of Michigan around the 4th of July. I know beachgoers had a picture in June of that year in Marquette on the beach on a hot 80 degree day and they were standing on an iceberg lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    We used to get Spring up here at the end of March but now it doesn’t start tell May 1st. Winter doesn’t show up tell after Christmas now whereas it used to start before Thanksgiving when I was younger. The seasons have shifted. We used to get Summer at the end of May but now it’s Late June tell Late September. Is it just me but does anyone else notice this?
    My wife and I were talking about this a couple weeks ago. I remember in Illinois and maybe even New Jersey needing to trick or treat in a winter coat!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Ask biden

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    I remember Lake Superior froze over in 2014. There was still Icebergs spotted around the Upper Peninsula of Michigan around the 4th of July. I know beachgoers had a picture in June of that year in Marquette on the beach on a hot 80 degree day and they were standing on an iceberg lol.
    Wow! That's crazy. I do love to swim in the winter... but Lake Superior kicks my ass. We spend a lot of time on the North Shore in the summer and we look for agates on the beach. I wade and snorkel in the shallow water but I start to get hypothermic in my limbs pretty quickly. Sometimes I see a rock (that could be an agate) under water and reach down to get it and can't even close my hands because I lost use of the muscles in my forearms and hands. Are you in Green Bay? 2014/2015 was the year my son and I went up to the ice caves by Bayfield (Apostle Islands). That was awesome and I knew that it didn't happen very often but it looks like it may have been a once in a lifetime opportunity. Pretty surreal to walk 2 miles on a frozen lake and see bare areas of ice with cracks that ran 2ft deep. Cold today in your neck of the woods? Cold and windy here with snow on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreSean View Post
    Ask biden
    Is he a weatherman?

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Wow! That's crazy. I do love to swim in the winter... but Lake Superior kicks my ass. We spend a lot of time on the North Shore in the summer and we look for agates on the beach. I wade and snorkel in the shallow water but I start to get hypothermic in my limbs pretty quickly. Sometimes I see a rock (that could be an agate) under water and reach down to get it and can't even close my hands because I lost use of the muscles in my forearms and hands. Are you in Green Bay? 2014/2015 was the year my son and I went up to the ice caves by Bayfield (Apostle Islands). That was awesome and I knew that it didn't happen very often but it looks like it may have been a once in a lifetime opportunity. Pretty surreal to walk 2 miles on a frozen lake and see bare areas of ice with cracks that ran 2ft deep. Cold today in your neck of the woods? Cold and windy here with snow on the way!
    Laker agates are the best.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Is he a weatherman?
    I can't tell if this is concrete thinking or a really subtle trolling.