Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Trump fallout links

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You can't refuse to acknowledge that what happened on January the 6th happened, while creating some false narrative about what happened over the summer here. NO ONE on this board, condoned the actions of rioters over the summer. No one, not a single person. Deflecting from this, to keep referring back to that, as if everyone to a man was somehow not in agreement that burning police stations was unacceptable, is disingenuous to say the least.
    Except they went on for months and the other side only called out leftist leaders AFTER they did nothing AND refused help from trump. Now trump is getting blamed for inciting violence that was dealt with in s half a day because it took him an hour to say disperse peacefully. But vp elect raises money to bail out ‘peaceful protestors’. So lets not try to claim the moral high ground

Blog Entries

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...d-live-updates

"Alaska Senator Lisa Murkowski said this afternoon that Donald Trump should resign the presidency immediately and that if the Republican party cannot separate itself from Trump, she isn’t certain she has a future with the party.

“I want him to resign. I want him out. He has caused enough damage,” Murkowski told the Anchorage Daily News during a 17-minute interview from her small Capitol office, steps away from the Senate chambers where pro-Trump rioters caused havoc and death on Wednesday."

She added: “I think he should leave. He said he’s not going to show up. He’s not going to appear at the inauguration [of Joe Biden on 20 January]. He hasn’t been focused on what is going on with Covid.

“He’s either been golfing or he’s been inside the Oval Office fuming and throwing every single person who has been loyal and faithful to him under the bus, starting with the vice-president. He doesn’t want to stay there.

“He only wants to stay there for the title. He only wants to stay there for his ego. He needs to get out. He needs to do the good thing, but I don’t think he’s capable of doing a good thing,” she said.

Full Story: https://www.adn.com/politics/2021/01...-a-republican/
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...d-live-updates

"Alaska Senator Lisa Murkowski said this afternoon that Donald Trump should resign the presidency immediately and that if the Republican party cannot separate itself from Trump, she isn’t certain she has a future with the party.

“I want him to resign. I want him out. He has caused enough damage,” Murkowski told the Anchorage Daily News during a 17-minute interview from her small Capitol office, steps away from the Senate chambers where pro-Trump rioters caused havoc and death on Wednesday."

She added: “I think he should leave. He said he’s not going to show up. He’s not going to appear at the inauguration [of Joe Biden on 20 January]. He hasn’t been focused on what is going on with Covid.

“He’s either been golfing or he’s been inside the Oval Office fuming and throwing every single person who has been loyal and faithful to him under the bus, starting with the vice-president. He doesn’t want to stay there.

“He only wants to stay there for the title. He only wants to stay there for his ego. He needs to get out. He needs to do the good thing, but I don’t think he’s capable of doing a good thing,” she said.
    Please leave. We need more people like trump snd less peopl likr murkowski in the party

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Except they went on for months and the other side only called out leftist leaders AFTER they did nothing AND refused help from trump. Now trump is getting blamed for inciting violence that was dealt with in s half a day because it took him an hour to say disperse peacefully. But vp elect raises money to bail out ‘peaceful protestors’. So lets not try to claim the moral high ground
    How, based on your assertions, does that, in any way, change the reality or magnitude of what happened Wednesday?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Marching in the streets , obstructing traffic, is fine its peaceful protest.

Entering into the capital of the United States, bringing pipe bombs, zip ties to kidnapp officials and stop democracy while flying the flag of the confederates inside the capital is treason full stop.

It sucks that the protests over the summer caused significant damage to property. Thats bs and not peaceful.

To try to equate the two at all... ppl need to look in the mirror.
    You had two groups of people exercising their first amendment rights to protest about a civil rights issue only to have that tarred and hijacked by the bad behavior of a minority people in their midst. The right to a fair election is a civil right. We don't have government or a country if that one is not in place. You are acting like everyone in that crowd was a seditious pipe bomb wielding white supremacist, lol.

Anyway, I'm seeing this quote from acting Attorney General Jeffry "Those who are proven to have committed criminal acts during the storming of the Capitol will face justice."

They are focusing on the criminals. I had a problem with the notion you would hunt every person at the Capital down and prosecute them. I think most of them probably had no clue even what was going on. It was just a big Rally.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    You had two groups of people exercising their first amendment rights to protest about a civil rights issue only to have that tarred and hijacked by the bad behavior of a minority people in their midst. The right to a fair election is a civil right. We don't have government or a country if that one is not in place. You are acting like everyone in that crowd was a seditious pipe bomb wielding white supremacist, lol.

Anyway, I'm seeing this quote from acting Attorney General Jeffry "Those who are proven to have committed criminal acts during the storming of the Capitol will face justice."

They are focusing on the criminals. I had a problem with the notion you would hunt every person at the Capital down and prosecute them. I think most of them probably had no clue even what was going on. It was just a big Rally.
    Had no clue that they weren't supposed to enter the Capitol building while they were trying to certify the Electoral college votes? Not even a full hour after Trump gave a speech about the certification and his other feelings about the election just a half mile away?

Had no clue that they weren't supposed to enter the Capitol building while they were trying to certify the Electoral college votes? Not even a full hour after Trump gave a speech about the certification and his other feelings about the election just a half mile away?
    It's tricky Ex and I'll give you an example why. There was a black kid from Utah there who is a local BLM kid that entered the capital but said he was there to "observe and record" what was going on. Do you think he should be charged? I don't.

Blog Entries

It's tricky Ex and I'll give you an example why. There was a black kid from Utah there who is a local BLM kid that entered the capital but said he was there to "observe and record" what was going on. Do you think he should be charged? I don't.
    I do. Unless he has the proper credentials, yes, I do.

Blog Entries

Fuck yeah he should be charged.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Please leave. We need more people like trump snd less peopl likr murkowski in the party
    Yup.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Fuck yeah he should be charged.
    First thing we've agreed on in God knows how long.

It is the UNITED STATES CAPITOL BUILDING. YOU DO NOT FUCK WITH IT. If you do not know the rules and regulations of how it works, that is not our problem. Ignorance is not an excuse here. Craziness is ensuing all around you and you decide to go in anyway? Handcuffs young man. NCRaven posted the video of the young woman yelling for people not to go when they went past the little assed pieces of metal they called gates. She knew what was up.

For you to even be that close to begin with is grounds for arrest for trespassing.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 01-08-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Blog Entries

https://www.lawfareblog.com/heres-ho...l-criminal-law

"Another federal statute makes it a crime to “knowingly enter[] or remain[] in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority to do so” including “with intent to impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions.”