Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3334353637 ... LastLast

Re: Protesters storm Capitol

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    This dude is such a shortgame dumbass and a gigantic pussy. He sends everyone to do his own dirty work for him. Said he'd be there and march with his supporters, he went to a catered lunch and watched it on TV.

Those dreams of a 2024 run are gone with this, along with any of his family members or cabinet supporters prospective political careers. He'll always be the guy that got the capitol stormed (and in media's view, had his own country's political offices invaded) for his own selfishness. Nothing is going to wash that stink off on any of them. It was the icing on the shit cake for democrats and republicans alike to point to forever. Won't be any legacy, just this.
    I disagree with the notion that any of his kids could ever do what he did even under the best of circumstances. Don Junior? No way. Trump was a cult of personality that can't be copied or cloned. Last of his line politically.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Do we know that an order to stand down and let the protestors in came down? If that happened it complicates everything. It was a big sprawling crowd from what I have seen as nothing in DC on the mall is small. The mall is the most expansive, un-intimate, impersonal wasteland there is. Those grounds are huge. It's going to take a long time to figure out exactly what happened.
    I don't know if an order came down. I'm trying to come up with answers and I can't think of another why cops would open a door and stand by and let people walk by, on their own without someone telling them to do it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    They do. Pentagon can control National Guard responses. Likewise officials can tell FBI or State police not to come.
    Hmmm. Looks like the Mayor of DC might have some splanning to do

1:53 PM · Jan 5, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

To be clear, the District of Columbia is not requesting other federal law enforcement personnel and discourages any additional deployment without immediate notification to, and consultation with, MPD if such plans are underway.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MayorBows...30358674792466

Blog Entries

Hogan: Feds delayed Maryland National Guard response to DC.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hogan-fed...231416221.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Hmmm. Looks like the Mayor of DC might have some splanning to do

1:53 PM · Jan 5, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

To be clear, the District of Columbia is not requesting other federal law enforcement personnel and discourages any additional deployment without immediate notification to, and consultation with, MPD if such plans are underway.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MayorBows...30358674792466
    Hmmm. Who will jump ship first.

Some in the left are blaming trump
    DC mayor is claiming she didn’t want help
    Hogan claiming the feds (trump) delayed

Stores already aren’t lining up.

Can they hold it together 12 more days? Or will the real story leak out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    You have to stay engaged man. This doesn't change anything other than some heads will roll, people are arrested and Trump has finally put himself in a hole he won't be able to dig out of. All the issues you care about are still there and if you disengage, particularly now things could get a lot worse.
    This I agree with. Whatever anyone's issues may be.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...day/index.html

"President Trump and his attorney Rudy Giuliani both mistakenly made calls to Republican Sen. Mike Lee as deadly riots were unfolding at the US Capitol earlier this week, a spokesperson for the senator confirmed to CNN — calls that were intended for another GOP senator the White House was frantically trying to convince to delay the counting of Electoral College votes.

Lee's spokesperson said the two calls from Trump and his attorney were intended for Sen. Tommy Tuberville, a newly elected Republican from Alabama."
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Hmmm. Who will jump ship first.

Some in the left are blaming trump
    DC mayor is claiming she didn’t want help
    Hogan claiming the feds (trump) delayed

Stores already aren’t lining up.

Can they hold it together 12 more days? Or will the real story leak out.
    I mean. The DC mayor is on a public platform days before for everyone to see saying we don’t want help. We have videos of Capitol police letting people in.

It’s pretty clear what’s going on here.

Blog Entries

Hogan isn't going to lie about being delayed. Hogan will have his ducks in a row before speaking on something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I mean. The DC mayor is on a public platform days before for everyone to see saying we don’t want help. We have videos of Capitol police letting people in.

It’s pretty clear what’s going on here.
    Are you really going to pretend like you don't know that the Capitol Grounds are Federal Property, and the Washington DC Metropolitan Police Department has no jurisdiction there?

This was a complete failure at the Federal level, because the Federal Government (headed by the President) is responsible for the Capitol, so please stop disingenuously trying to shift blame.

And yes, it it pretty clear what's going on here: Most of the Capitol Police were trying to do their jobs without enough backup or support (when not running for their lives), and a few were happy to abandon their responsibilities and take selfies with the rioters. Any guess what the latter group's political persuasion is?
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Anyone else wondering why Biden isn’t being blamed for the rioters storming the capital. In 2016, It was trumps fault for anything the looters did, because he won the elections
    And that was considered divisive. Seems like Biden winning the election is divisive for half of the country. And his win, is what set off the rioters.

Seems like a no brained. Biden is diving this country and he needs to go

Sedition.
    Conspiracy yet to be proven.... BUT IF proven, a death of an officer resulted in actions of Conspirators. ALL conspirators become legally responsible for ALL the actions.