Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: It's good to be right! 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Jim I still don't understand why you don't watch the games and then make comments on the players that you didn't see...
    Wait. He really does that???
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

In case I didn’t bring up this before (or bring this up), fans who follow their team religiously, who are emotionally invested in them, who pay attention year after year, qualify as experts on that team - albeit from a perspective from outside the organization. And the local media who professionally cover that same team year after year also qualify as experts on same.

The so-called experts on the national sports networks do not qualify because their attention is divided among 32 NFL organizations.

Therefore, I trust OUR game predictions plus the local media’s predictions far more than the networks’. One additional source I give credence to are the oddsmakers since that is (hopefully) their livelihood as well.

CCx

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    In case I didn’t bring up this before (or bring this up), fans who follow their team religiously, who are emotionally invested in them, who pay attention year after year, qualify as experts on that team - albeit from a perspective from outside the organization. And the local media who professionally cover that same team year after year also qualify as experts on same.

The so-called experts on the national sports networks do not qualify because their attention is divided among 32 NFL organizations.

Therefore, I trust OUR game predictions plus the local media’s predictions far more than the networks’. One additional source I give credence to are the oddsmakers since that is (hopefully) their livelihood as well.

CCx
    Or maybe they know the opponents much better and therefore are more credible

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Or maybe they know the opponents much better and therefore are more credible
    Only if they are division rivals IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Wait. He really does that???
    I didn't watch any Bills games this year. Stayed wedded to my offseason take on Allen – which was also my take from 2019, and 2018, and the 2018 draft – longer than RWT deemed appropriate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I didn't watch any Bills games this year. Stayed wedded to my offseason take on Allen – which was also my take from 2019, and 2018, and the 2018 draft – longer than RWT deemed appropriate.
    I wasn't trying to be a jerk, just curious that you aren't interested in watching them. They will go into 5 wideouts and force the defense into zone and Diggs finds that soft spot - it's unstoppable.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I wish I could do this with my own posts but I don’t know how you find this stuff Jim. I mean, the site isn’t very searchable to begin with, and weeding through all your posts must take hours

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    One additional source I give credence to are the oddsmakers since that is (hopefully) their livelihood as well.
    Oddsmakers are more interested in setting the odds in such a way as to get the betting public to put money on both sides equally so they don't take a bath.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Oddsmakers are more interested in setting the odds in such a way as to get the betting public to put money on both sides equally so they don't take a bath.
    Good point. They rely on the betting public who I should have acknowledged instead.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk, just curious that you aren't interested in watching them. They will go into 5 wideouts and force the defense into zone and Diggs finds that soft spot - it's unstoppable.
    Alright already! I'll watch a goddam Bills game! I'll do it this weekend.

Happy now?!? Yeesh.

Blog Entries

The lose of Hayden Hurst won't have a big impact.

Can't find a quote but def said it/thought it.

Passing attempts-thought there would be more

Boykin-thought he would get more targets and produce more
    Last edited by edromeo; 02-17-2021 at 03:32 PM.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Hah.....I remember that Josh Allen sucks post.