Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: It's good to be right! 2021

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    The lose of Hayden Hurst won't have a big impact.

Can't find a quote but def said it/thought it.
    Interesting one!

On the whole I would have said you weren't wrong in thinking that losing Thor wouldn't have a big impact. For the most part this season, it didn't.

But!

Nick Boyle went down in game 9. Then Mark Andrews missed games 11 & 12. It's not a huge stretch to think we might have won the Tennessee & Pittsburgh games, with Hayden Hurst on the squad. At the very least, that pass to Luke Willson on the goal line at Pittsburgh, that's a TD if it's Hurst on the other end.

Ouch.

(On the other hand, we wouldn't have JK Dobbins; can't just assume that our record in other games would have stayed the same.)

(Full disclosure, I'd rather have the next 3-4 years of Dobbins than the next 3-4 years of Hurst.)

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Interesting one!

On the whole I would have said you weren't wrong in thinking that losing Thor wouldn't have a big impact. For the most part this season, it didn't.

But!

Nick Boyle went down in game 9. Then Mark Andrews missed games 11 & 12. It's not a huge stretch to think we might have won the Tennessee & Pittsburgh games, with Hayden Hurst on the squad. At the very least, that pass to Luke Willson on the goal line at Pittsburgh, that's a TD if it's Hurst on the other end.

Ouch.

(On the other hand, we wouldn't have JK Dobbins; can't just assume that our record in other games would have stayed the same.)

(Full disclosure, I'd rather have the next 3-4 years of Dobbins than the next 3-4 years of Hurst.)
    In 2019 we had a largely healthy Ingram and Hurst. In 2020 we only had Dobbins in his first year. I am real good with Dobbins moving forward but the loss of talent set us back in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    The lose of Hayden Hurst won't have a big impact.

Can't find a quote but def said it/thought it.

Passing attempts-thought there would be more

Boykin-thought he would get more targets and produce more
    The big impact loss was moreso yanda and stanley. Hurst underachieved in Atlanta

I'll have to paraphrase myself but:

- The Ravens will miss Marshall Yanda but not that badly (they missed him badly)
    - Lamar will challenge 4000 yards passing (2757)
    - Because of passing more, Lamar will not have 1000 yards rushing (he did - 1005)
    - WRs will be the primary beneficiary with Hollywood Brown pushing 1100 yards (769)
    - Patrick Queen will be a good coverage LB even as a rookie (um, nope)
    - Dez Bryant is going to be my Ricky Proehl meme (and they fucking signed him; thanks guys)

We would regret that Hurst trade and the Dobbins pick. Wrong.

Today Dobbins migth do better than Jamal and RR.

I still miss that third TE. Andrews and Coruna was never a good cocktail and then Boyle obviously is out for the season.

Give a new contract.. and they will go down. Tavon, Pitta, Webb, Jimmy, Boyle, Stanley.. I am sure I am missing some.

Predictions are easy. Admitting when you are wrong is hard. And very funny.

Thanks for doing all that work (finding all the posts, I mean)
    "That's what."
    — She