Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Culex 2021 1st Round Mock Draft Version 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Was this opinion formed from the Professor Culex School of Staring Longingly at Guy's Physiques? =P
    Better than the Professor Excellector School of Staring Longingly at Bat’s Physiques

This mock draft goes against the current trend of teams making an early run at offensive playmakers. I doubt 3 O-linemen go in the top 6. And if Devonta Smith is there at 10, Jerruh Jones will probably draft him because, that's what Jerry does.

I personally don't think Smith makes it past #6. You don't find a WR with that kind of speed/skill set very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    This mock draft goes against the current trend of teams making an early run at offensive playmakers. I doubt 3 O-linemen go in the top 6. And if Devonta Smith is there at 10, Jerruh Jones will probably draft him because, that's what Jerry does.

I personally don't think Smith makes it past #6. You don't find a WR with that kind of speed/skill set very often.
    Eagles, Bungles and Jets all have horrid lines getting their QBs killed. Plus, all have young QBs to boot.

I agree with Devonta possibly going higher. Kid checks every box.

Blog Entries

Jacksonville (1-15) - Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson. This is kind of a no-brainer. With their cap space and draft capital, they should be able to put together a pretty damn good team around Lawrence.

NY Jets (2-14) - Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State. Yes, he doesn't have a tremendous amount of experience. However, he completely dismantled a very good Clemson team during the college playoffs. He's a big guy with a good arm and mobility. I expect the Jets to trade Darnold for a bag of Doritos.

Miami - from Houston (4-12) - Michah Parsons, LB, Penn State. Brian Flores is a defensive guy and I have to imagine he is going to want to upgrade his LB unit. Parsons is hand's down one of the top-3 defensive players in this draft and he's a day-1 starter at LB.

Atlanta (4-12) - Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon. The Falcons have so much money invested in Matt Ryan that they have to do whatever they can to get him going. They don't have much cap space, so they need to land a few studs in this draft. Sewell is an outstanding offensive tackle and gives them options with Jake Matthews.

Cincinnati (4-11-1) - Ja'mar Chase, WR, LSU. Joe Burrow had a great connection with Chase in college, why not bring that to Cinci? Plus, AJ Green is likely gone, John Ross was a huge bust, and Chase on one side with Higgins on the other and Boyd working the slot is a tough WR unit to defend against.

Philadelphia (4-11-1) - Devonta Smith, WR, Alabama. Smith has a slight frame at 175lbs, but he is such a dynamic play maker that it would be crazy for the Eagles to pass on him. Their WR unit might be the worst in the NFL.

Detroit (5-11) - Zach Wilson, QB, BYU. I think Stafford wants out of Detroit and his price tag might be a factor there. However, the Lions are starting over in a tough division and they need to build for the future, which means needing cap space. Wilson has a great arm and is arguably the most athletic and mobile QB in this draft class.

Carolina (5-11) - Trey Lance, QB, NDSU. Lance is a small school prospect, but he just completely dominated the competition there. He's a big guy that can get outside of the pocket and make plays. He also has a great arm with nice accuracy and zip. Teddy Bridgewater isn't a dynamic enough player to take over games and win. The Panthers need that.

Denver (5-11) - Reshawn Slater, OL, Northwestern. Slater is jack-of-all-trades lineman. He's super athletic, but lacks the height/length to probably be a day-1 factor at LT or RT. However, the Broncos just need help on the OL period. Slater could be a nice fit at either guard spot or center.

NY Giants (6-10) - Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama. The Giants had difficulty stopping anyone last year. A big reason for that was their secondary. They desperately need a talent-injection at cornerback and while Surtain doesn't have elite speed, his height and ball skills make up for that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

If I'm the Jets I'd rather have Darnold and Fields and it opens up all kinds of options

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Culex 2021 1st Round Mock Draft Version 1.0

Cincy is desperate to get Sewell. Why wouldn’t Miami trade down with them? I could see Miami trading down a couple of times and still adding Devonta Smith, Ja’mar Chase, or maybe even Parsons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

I don't think there's any way Cincy doesn't go OL in the first after getting Burrow murdered

Blog Entries

If Deshaun Watson requests a trade, would the two first round picks the Jets got from Seattle for Jamal Adams plus Sam Darnold be enough to swing that trade?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...o1bv087k7gp1pb

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If Deshaun Watson requests a trade, would the two first round picks the Jets got from Seattle for Jamal Adams plus Sam Darnold be enough to swing that trade?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...o1bv087k7gp1pb

That would be great for the Jets if they could retain the 2ns overall pick and land Watson.

If it came down to it though, I'm straight up trading #2 overall for Watson if I had to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    That would be great for the Jets if they could retain the 2ns overall pick and land Watson.

If it came down to it though, I'm straight up trading #2 overall for Watson if I had to.
    They're saying Two 1sts, Two 2nds, and then they'll talk. I mean teams paid more than that to trade up for guys like Wentz so it's not unreasonable

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The Bengals should really look to move down if Sewell is taken when they are up. The drop off from him to the next OL prospects is significant enough. They need help in so many areas there is no reason to reach for anyone at their spot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They're saying Two 1sts, Two 2nds, and then they'll talk. I mean teams paid more than that to trade up for guys like Wentz so it's not unreasonable
    The Jets have two first round picks this year and next year. Their own first round picks, plus the two they got for Jamal Adams. If I were Douglass, I would offer the Texans the two first round picks the Jets got for Adams, a second round pick in 2022 and Sam Darnold. I doubt the Texans could get more than that given the huge contract that Watson also brings with him.