Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens QB Lamar Jackson asks President Trump to commute sentence for rapper, friend Kodak Black

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    I believe you are missing the point I'm making. You not saying anything new about self awareness and self responsibility. One being accountable for their own actions. I get that. You not saying anything ground breaking. Kodak Black is one of many. I'm talking about deeper issues. I'm going to the root of the cause not the low hanging fruit you keep talking about. Kodak black has mental issues. The main reason being lack of guidance from his adolescents. Prison is timeout not rehabilitation. So yes people like Kodak black needs to take control of their life but its deeper than that. He just didnt start making bad decisions at 21 when he got lock up, he was doing it prior. It's 10 of thousands of kodak blacks out here.
    Okay, let’s take this step by step.

So, your solution, is to let him out? After he just tried to lie to get a firearm?

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens QB Lamar Jackson asks President Trump to commute sentence for rapper, friend Kodak Black

I believe you are missing the point I'm making. You not saying anything new about self awareness and self responsibility. One being accountable for their own actions. I get that. You not saying anything ground breaking. Kodak Black is one of many. I'm talking about deeper issues. I'm going to the root of the cause not the low hanging fruit you keep talking about. Kodak black has mental issues. The main reason being lack of guidance from his adolescents. Prison is timeout not rehabilitation. So yes people like Kodak black needs to take control of their life but its deeper than that. He just didnt start making bad decisions at 21 when he got lock up, he was doing it prior. It's 10 of thousands of kodak blacks out here.
    I’m taking you into the mental health help you are saying he needs. I’m taking you into those rooms. They will, first and foremost, stress self-control and self-accountability. While there, they will dig for the deeper issues. Yet, they will ALWAYS stress and emphasize that none of the deeper issues are an excuse for what he is doing. They will also remind him that there are any number of people who have been through very, very bad childhoods, who are not doing the things that he is doing.

That will be the most important aspect of his treatment, because they cannot dig for him. He will have to be in control, in order to dig for himself with their guidance, because they are his experiences.

Before we even get to that point, he has to WANT the help. If he does not WANT the help, they will not be able to help him.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 01-06-2021 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

So, your solution, is to let him out? After he just tried to lie to get a firearm?
    How will that be a solution? How will letting him out solve anything? He committed crimes. Im saying I dont agree with the prison time because its not rehabilitating him. If you watch his interviews, listen to his songs, videos, It's a mental lapse with him. He had a criminal record since he was 15. This is my issue. Instead of waiting for these 15 year olds with records to grow up to commit crimes as an adult. Get them help. It's easy to tell someone to man up. But obviously something is missing since its thousands if not tens of thousands of Kodaks in jail right now.

Blog Entries

How will that be a solution? How will letting him out solve anything? He committed crimes. Im saying I dont agree with the prison time because its not rehabilitating him. If you watch his interviews, listen to his songs, videos, It's a mental lapse with him. He had a criminal record since he was 15. This is my issue. Instead of waiting for these 15 year olds with records to grow up to commit crimes as an adult. Get them help. It's easy to tell someone to man up. But obviously something is missing since its thousands if not tens of thousands of Kodaks in jail right now.
    The reality is that you cannot get someone help until they are ready to accept it and they cannot accept it until they are ready to take ownership. You cannot force someone to accept help. In order for him to even get that help, you would have to let him out. And if you let him out, there are far more signs that point to him harming more people, than seeking out the help. He is a repeat offender several times over. He has the funds for the help. He has celebrities in his corner. One of the biggest issues to getting proper help and treatment is the expense of it all. He does not have to worry about that. There is only one thing truly stopping him from getting the help and that’s himself.

One of the reasons why there are others like that is, because seeking the help and getting proper treatment is hard work and a lot of people would rather commit crimes and lash out at the world, placing the blame on things that have happened to them in the past, because that is much much easier than standing up and recognizing that just because these things happened to you, doesn’t mean that it’s okay for you to harm other people when you are unwilling to face your past.

There are quite a few people who don’t do the things he’s done. Some of them manage on their own. Others, wait for it..............seek the help when they recognize that something is not right. And yes, you hit a point, at least once but usually several times, when you recognize that something is not right. They take ownership over their treatment, while facing their past. That takes far more work. Which is why so many don’t want to do that. Instead, looking for excuses to continue acting the way that they act, like Culex said, while blaming their childhood or traumatic experiences and trying to play victim. That doesn’t take nearly as much work.

Which is why I broke down what that “help” would be like, in a previous post. Because quite a few of us, within that “95%” we discussed earlier, are privy to mental health treatments. We understand how those issues are actually ‘solved’.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 01-06-2021 at 05:19 AM.

The reality is that you cannot get someone help until they are ready to accept it and they cannot accept it until they are ready to take ownership. You cannot force someone to accept help. In order for him to even get that help, you would have to let him out. And if you let him out, there are far more signs that point to him harming more people, than seeking out the help. He is a repeat offender several times over. He has the funds for the help. He has celebrities in his corner. One of the biggest issues to getting proper help and treatment is the expense of it all. He does not have to worry about that. There is only one thing truly stopping him from getting the help and that’s himself.

One of the reasons why there are others like that is, because seeking the help and getting proper treatment is hard work and a lot of people would rather commit crimes and lash out at the world, placing the blame on things that have happened to them in the past, because that is much much easier than standing up and recognizing that just because these things happened to you, doesn’t mean that it’s okay for you to harm other people when you are unwilling to face your past.

There are quite a few people who don’t do the things he’s done. Some of them manage on their own. Others, wait for it..............seek the help when they recognize that something is not right. And yes, you hit a point, at least once but usually several times, when you recognize that something is not right. They take ownership over their treatment, while facing their past. That takes far more work. Which is why so many don’t want to do that. Instead, looking for excuses to continue acting the way that they act, like Culex said, while blaming their childhood or traumatic experiences and trying to play victim. That doesn’t take nearly as much work.

Which is why I broke down what that “help” would be like, in a previous post.
    I'm convinced you just like to speak your opinion without understanding what the other person is saying. Which is your right. But I like to have dialogue. You didnt respond to my main point and you basically keep saying "man up" in so many words which I already said that was the ultimate goal. Your logic is nothing new. This why I said I agree with you to what you saying but you are talking about the fruit. I'm talking about the root. This is a sickness/pandemic. Its not just going to go away by telling people to man up. This why it hasn't work.

Blog Entries

I'm convinced you just like to speak your opinion without understanding what the other person is saying. Which is your right. But I like to have dialogue. You didnt respond to my main point and you basically keep saying "man up" in so many words which I already said that was the ultimate goal. Your logic is nothing new. This why I said I agree with you to what you saying but you are talking about the fruit. I'm talking about the root. This is a sickness/pandemic. Its not just going to go away by telling people to man up. This why it hasn't work.
    You are saying that he needs mental health help. I have had mental health help. Others on this board have had mental health help. The way I actually worded it, was purposefully without using the term “man up”. The reason why is, because when and if he does get that help, they will communicate it in less combative manner. Nevertheless, that is the message they will convey.

You took what I said and summed it up as me saying “man up”, because you’re not understanding that I am speaking from the perspective of someone who has had the help that you are saying he needs. When you talk about “the root”, a mental health expert cannot dig to that root ‘for’ him. He has to be the one to dig to that root. They will be the one to guide him. To use a prop as an example, he has to be the one with the shovel, because the experiences they are digging to the root of, are his, not the mental health professional’s. He cannot have that shovel in his hands, until he is ready to take it into his hands. Once it is in his hands, he is in control. Then, he can dig. Until he is willing to embrace that sense of control, the mental health expert will be unable to get to “the root”.

In order for all of that to happen, in order for him to even accept that shovel (Which he has to before they can begin digging for “the root”), he has to embrace and accept that control, that ownership. Which is why, that is what the mental health expert will stress. They are far more experienced at nonviolent communication, both verbally and non-verbally. They will not say it as “man up”, unless they are running out of answers. Which would only happen with an utter lack of cooperation.

Regardless, before any of that process can begin, he HAS to want the help. No matter how many people want it for him, no matter who tries to force him, it will not work unless he himself wants the help. But the help is not easy. It takes a lot of work. A lot of work that a lot of people do not want to do. A mental health expert cannot help you get to “the root”, if you yourself do not want to get to “the root”, and there are a lot of people who don’t want to get to “the root”, because of the trauma they have from it.

I don't know the details of his situation but a long time ago I use to work for ATF. Back in the day it was a very "uncommon" prosecution as the Government would rarely find the documentation to prove the crime as it was strictly a paper transaction. It is probably not so much anymore - as in most instances the buyers information is called into the National Crime Information System - AFTER the buyer has executed the form (4473) documenting that he was trying to purchase the weapon - providing the Government with an electronic alert to the event. Either way its a crime. Its a very easy way for the Government to get a "collar" as they are essentially phoned in - sort of bring your crime to the Government for the unsuspecting.

What it does show, however, is that the buyer is STUPID. You don't need to go to a dealer and fill out the paperwork to buy a gun. You can find guns locally in a private sale within your State without filling out any paperwork.

Its probably best that he got caught - but for everyone that is caught there are a hundred that are not. So in that sense it seems a little unfair - being penalized that much for being STUPID
    Last edited by Cleo&Dilly; 01-06-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Aren't presidential pardons the Blue Light Special at K-Mart?

I've never heard of Kodak Black until I saw this topic. He's the same age as Lamar and grew up in the same town, so they probably are friends. I just hope Lamar is focused on the game and not distracted by BS though.

Kodak Black is no more a threat to anybody here than Aaron Hernandez. Let the syndicates police their own.

Blog Entries

LJ should just stay out of anything political.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    LJ should just stay out of anything political.
    Yeah, Lamar! Shut up and dribble.