Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens QB Lamar Jackson asks President Trump to commute sentence for rapper, friend Kodak Black

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN2FLY View Post
    That mean 95 % of the board dont want to solve issues. Just because some people make it out dont mean all people do. Just because some people can do it own their own dont mean others dont need help. And if you not personally helping people out who are in these situations, quite frankly you don't have room to talk. You just sitting on in your chair complaining instead of actually helping.
    Why don't these people make an effort to help themselves and not at the expense of others? There are many resources that our taxpayer money goes into which could be put to better use if they could sustain themselves... what more do you want?

Re: Ravens QB Lamar Jackson asks President Trump to commute sentence for rapper, friend Kodak Black

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Why don't these people make an effort to help themselves and not at the expense of others? There are many resources that our taxpayer money goes into which could be put to better use if they could sustain themselves... what more do you want?
    Why you making assumptions that "these" people can do it by themselves? If these resources work, why we still seeing same problems. It's not about what I want, its about what is needed. But I'm not going to dwell to much into it on a sports forum. To each it's own.

Why you making assumptions that "these" people can do it by themselves? If these resources work, why we still seeing same problems. It's not about what I want, its about what is needed. But I'm not going to dwell to much into it on a sports forum. To each it's own.
    We're still seeing the same problems because at some point they've got to help themselves. Nobody is gonna walk you through life holding your hand. No amount of concern or taxpayer money is going to do that. You can either sit and make excuses or you can fix yourself. So many examples of people throughout history overcoming adversities and the unfairness of life. What people like Kodak want is an excuse to live the way that they do, that's why there's no change

Blog Entries

I got screwed over more by politicians than anyone like kodak. I'm certain most people dont know who Kodak black is on this board just only his record. So I understand your generic response. "He is a menace to society and needs to be put away".
    And who he is and what he was put back in for three years for trying to do is rendered irrelevant by the person he is? Or is the person he is molded by his actions?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

That mean 95 % of the board dont want to solve issues. Just because some people make it out dont mean all people do. Just because some people can do it own their own dont mean others dont need help. And if you not personally helping people out who are in these situations, quite frankly you don't have room to talk. You just sitting on in your chair complaining instead of actually helping.
    That doesn't mean that the solution is to put him back out on the street! THE MAN TRIED TO LIE TO BUY GUNS, having already committed any number of crimes that would suggest that he's going to do something bad with them!

Look at his record. If that were your sister, or your niece/nephew, are you going to sit there and tell them that he needs help and that they should understand that he had a rough childhood, after he's assaulted them or victimized them? Are you doing to do that? NO, you're not going to do that. But since it's not someone you care about that he harmed, you're going to play 'woe is me' for him. And what we're saying is that just because some don't, doesn't mean they were doomed to. Because if they were doomed to, then everyone would have his laundry list of crimes and we'd literally be living in anarchy out of a video game or movie. Do you realize how many people have mental health issues?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

In order for something to get the help they need..............wait for it..........................they have to SEEK OUT THE HELP. NOT CONTINUE HARMING PEOPLE.

Blog Entries

You do realize, that once he goes to seek the help, those mental health experts are going to tell him that he is in control and that he has to hold himself accountable for his actions. They are going to push him to eliminate any and every excuse he could think of for harming people. It is strongly about self-accountability and self-control. That is what they will preach. I'm sharing that from experience (Not that I've ever victimized anyone, but some of you know my story).

Blog Entries

"That mean 95 % of the board dont want to solve issues" HA!

Letting him out doesn't 'solve' the 'issues'. On the contrary, it exacerbates them. You are focused on him. We are focused on the people he's hurting. When you have a guy who has done the things that he's done, who then tries to lie, in order to buy a firearm, there's a pretty good chance that he's going to hurt someone with that thing. And if he hasn't decided to stop harming people by now, given what he's already done, there is no reason for anyone to believe that he would lie to get a firearm, but magically not harm or threaten anyone with it.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield207 View Post
    Off topic, but in the video in that linked article, John Harbaugh looks like to be on a zoom call. Why is he wearing his mask for a zoom call? Do we have a new strain of covid that can jump from computers to humans?
    I've wondered that all season. Conscious of the example, maybe?

Random question:

Is Kodak in prison on a Federal charge? Or a state charge?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    "That mean 95 % of the board dont want to solve issues" HA!

Letting him out doesn't 'solve' the 'issues'. On the contrary, it exacerbates them. You are focused on him. We are focused on the people he's hurting. When you have a guy who has done the things that he's done, who then tries to lie, in order to buy a firearm, there's a pretty good chance that he's going to hurt someone with that thing. And if he hasn't decided to stop harming people by now, given what he's already done, there is no reason for anyone to believe that he would lie to get a firearm, but magically not harm or threaten anyone with it.
    I have a problem spending too much money on pay day. Hey, heres a solution.. you guys should be caring thoughtful people and give me money so that I can spend more of it! It's not my fault, ok? I'm just crazy is all! I had no financial mentoring growing up! Why don't you guys want to solve my issue? How dare you tell me to fix it myself! On my own? UGH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You do realize, that once he goes to seek the help, those mental health experts are going to tell him that he is in control and that he has to hold himself accountable for his actions. They are going to push him to eliminate any and every excuse he could think of for harming people. It is strongly about self-accountability and self-control. That is what they will preach. I'm sharing that from experience (Not that I've ever victimized anyone, but some of you know my story).
    I believe you are missing the point I'm making. You not saying anything new about self awareness and self responsibility. One being accountable for their own actions. I get that. You not saying anything ground breaking. Kodak Black is one of many. I'm talking about deeper issues. I'm going to the root of the cause not the low hanging fruit you keep talking about. Kodak black has mental issues. The main reason being lack of guidance from his adolescents. Prison is timeout not rehabilitation. So yes people like Kodak black needs to take control of their life but its deeper than that. He just didnt start making bad decisions at 21 when he got lock up, he was doing it prior. It's 10 of thousands of kodak blacks out here.