Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Ravens QB Lamar Jackson asks President Trump to commute sentence for rapper, friend Kodak Black

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuyOnTheCouch View Post
    Wow, I never noticed it before , but your right. Crazy how this got so quickly canned. As I've been here for probably at least a decade and seen threads on spiral way out of control much worse and it remained. Where was the same sort of energy so many other times? It does seem kind of funny that the moment that low IQ Dirtbag loser gets called out it's ugly mood. Where was these twitch reflexes when some of these people piled on his predecessor? Man, I really hope this site isn't being run like that for real. Though to be fair some of my friends that were much more active users did kind of lean or what you alluded to. Which is why they left and discourage others to stay away. I'm not a follower type and hadn't really noticed it in myself, but then again I am a lurker admittedly. However it we're going to play the let's cater to the far-right crap, I might have to actually look into it
    I know what you mean. I've stayed away at times when this site seems to be a bit of a Alt right safe space but it seems to be one mod in particular that operates that way rather than the whole site.

Usually it's a fairly friendly place. It's only when there's a political/sport crossover thread that all these horrors creep out of the politics dungeon.

Blog Entries

Ravens QB Lamar Jackson asks President Trump to commute sentence for rapper, friend Kodak Black

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    This has been moved to the Trash Heap? Not even the Politics section.

I suppose that must be because more commenters are criticising Mein Trumpf than praising him. That's some politicized modding (again).

I thought all that stuff, and all those angry commenters, had vanished from the main site when the politics dungeon was more securely fenced off.
    This thread is a dumpster fire and was going to be a dumpster fire from the very first post. The OP knew it. You knew it. Everyone knew it. The trash heap is where it belongs.

If you are displeased, talk to Tony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Ravens QB Lamar Jackson asks President Trump to commute sentence for rapper, friend Kodak Black

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This thread is a dumpster fire and was going to be a dumpster fire from the very first post. The OP knew it. You knew it. Everyone knew it. The trash heap is where it belongs.

I wouldn't argue if the thread had been sent to the Politics section. This thread is mild stuff compared to some of the craziness there.

The only reason this has been consigned to the Trash Heap is because the anger is directed at Trump rather than at the Democrats. It's a very obvious case of politicized modding.

I wouldn't argue if the thread had been sent to the Politics section. This thread is mild stuff compared to some of the craziness there.

The only reason this has been consigned to the Trash Heap is because the anger is directed at Trump rather than at the Democrats. It's a very obvious case of politicized modding.
    I'm not gonna lie, I have to agree with you wholeheartedly. Like I said, I've been here for GOD knows how long,but I mainly just lurk. And I have for DAMN sure seen MUCH worse that had been allowed to stay up front & center & not be moved like this. There was certainly many a time where actions like these weren't as swift when witnessing some of these cats incessantly whine about the democrats, the prior president or "liberals". Much different level of energy & tolerance when that sort of shite is going on.

Now though we see a different tale when it's about criticizing and/or calling out an absolute treasonous tang colored shitebag & moronic loser loser lthough ol. So while I hope that's not the case, from some of what I noticed from lurking & a few unsolicited accounts from others who I don't even know, that alt right safe space comment that someone made might unfortunately be quite a bit more accurate than it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

At the time it was moved to the Trash Heap, this thread was no where near the "dumpster fire" that many of the other threads in the politics forum have become. I know it. You know it. Everyone knows it.

The difference is, those threads tend to be dominated by hard-right, conservative voices, including yours.

It's no coincidence that this thread was moved here instead of the politics forum (where it belongs) at exactly the same time that posts from liberals began to dominate the discussion. This is pure hypocrisy: I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

And yes, I will.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    It's no coincidence that this thread was moved here instead of the politics forum (where it belongs) at exactly the same time that posts from liberals began to dominate the discussion. This is pure hypocrisy: I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.
    I agree with your whole post but wanted to highlight this part in particular. We saw this same pattern a little while back when lots of sport/political crossover issues were being discussed on the main foum. It seemed like everytime liberal viewpoints were dominating a thread or the liberal arguments were winning, that thread would be shut down or moved. It felt the the mod(s) were intervening based on political affiliation rather than in the interests of maintaing a civil discussion.

I don't know whether it's one mod's doing or if that's a policy of the site. Maybe this is intended to be a conservative Ravens forum where other voices are shut out?

I agree with your whole post but wanted to highlight this part in particular. We saw this same pattern a little while back when lots of sport/political crossover issues were being discussed on the main foum. It seemed like everytime liberal viewpoints were dominating a thread or the liberal arguments were winning, that thread would be shut down or moved. It felt the the mod(s) were intervening based on political affiliation rather than in the interests of maintaing a civil discussion.

I don't know whether it's one mod's doing or if that's a policy of the site. Maybe this is intended to be a conservative Ravens forum where other voices are shut out?
    Huh, certainly one of those things that make you go 🤔

Sentence commuted.

Lil Wayne too.

Not very white supremicist of him.

Shrewd move by Lamar

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed