Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Ravens QB Lamar Jackson asks President Trump to commute sentence for rapper, friend Kodak Black

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Yeah, Lamar! Shut up and dribble.
    Lol, I was going to say something if you didn't. That was a statement that depending on the athlete, the issue, or the person you are talking to you would get wildly different and strong opinions.

I don't think he was being political, I just think he was being a naive kid.

Re: Ravens QB Lamar Jackson asks President Trump to commute sentence for rapper, friend Kodak Black

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    LJ should just stay out of anything political.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Typical

Blog Entries

Whatever

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

I’m going to stick up for Dirt a little bit here. Because I don’t think he’s saying that, because Lamar is a black athlete. Had Lamar came out with a better assertion, I don’t think Dirt would have made that comment at all. However, to advocate for the release of a guy who has not only done the things he has done, but was in there for lying about it to purchase weapons, after everything he has done, I’d say it’s best to take a step back in that regard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I’m going to stick up for Dirt a little bit here. Because I don’t think he’s saying that, because Lamar is a black athlete. Had Lamar came out with a better assertion, I don’t think Dirt would have made that comment at all. However, to advocate for the release of a guy who has not only done the things he has done, but was in there for lying about it to purchase weapons, after everything he has done, I’d say it’s best to take a step back in that regard.
    Thanks. My comment had nothing to do with Lamar being a black athlete. I would have said the same think if Mark Andrews had put out that tweet. Using your platform as a sports star to defend the oppressed or right an injustice is one thing, but to use your platform to defend a person like that is something else.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Thanks. My comment had nothing to do with Lamar being a black athlete. I would have said the same think if Mark Andrews had put out that tweet. Using your platform as a sports star to defend the oppressed or right an injustice is one thing, but to use your platform to defend a person like that is something else.

I mean, I was thinking the same thing to myself about DeSean Jackson this summer.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Saying “Lamar should just stay out of anything political” and saying Lamar shouldn’t publicly defend a criminal are two different things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Saying “Lamar should just stay out of anything political” and saying Lamar shouldn’t publicly defend a criminal are two different things.
    When you tweet your defense of a criminal to a politician, you have made it political.

When you tweet your defense of a criminal to a politician, you have made it political.

Agreed. Doesn’t mean he should stay out of ANYTHING political though. Just a wrong choice of words but I get what you’re saying.

Blog Entries

This isn’t like, say, a LeBron James, who far more often than not, gets it right, and then has a horrible misstep (His initial comments about the unrest in China), but not indicative of the reputation he’s earned.

I mean, when you start here, lol, what else would you want to hear the man say in the realm of politics? Sexual battery, child endangerment, on and on, but naw my man Trump need to pardon him because he shouldn’t get three years for a paper issue (Lying about his criminal history to buy guns he was going to do God knows what with). I mean, lol, if that were a regular person and that was the first political thing you heard them say, how much more would you want to hear them say about politics?

Thanks. My comment had nothing to do with Lamar being a black athlete.

Yeah, I didn't take it that way and I think Jim might have just been poking fun. It struck me as funny when I read because of everything that happened in the last few years. I understood what you were saying and agree with it completely.

The only people who can commute sentences are elected officials.

Lamar didn't post anything scandalously controversial, like "black lives matter". He requested clemency for his childhood friend, from an executive branch official who might be able to grant it.