Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens pass-catchers 2020 reg season

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Some Ravens fans or maybe more than some have been crying for years for The Ravens to take more chance at drafting receivers higher than the fourth or sixth round but when The Ravens finally did it especially back to back( 2019&2020 draft) it's still a problem. Like there's no patience to want to see these receivers go through growing pains as if a receiver like Devante Adams just took the league by strom in his first two years in the league. As if there wasn't any articles mentioning of him possibly being cut before his 2016 season.
    Because Jazz, in order to actually develop those WRs, you need INFRASTRUCTURE. You can’t just draft a handful of guys, throw them into this offense all at once and then say, ‘Welp, we tried’. That is not how you develop WRs. That just makes it look like you drafted them, because you had no choice, because no one else of note will even come here without you overpaying.

Look at who else the Packers had at WR, during Adams’ first two seasons. Look at the passing scheme that Green Bay has. THAT is how you develop a WR. You have established guys, he gets to play opposite them and get some one on one, in a passing scheme that helps to get him open, while he learns his way. So that, when those other WRs move on, he can then become the top guy.

You don’t draft three guys in two years, throw them into the lowest volume passing offense in the league, in a scheme that we saw in high school, where their routes are basically set up to create space for the run and occasionally take the top off of a defense, with little to no nuance (All of the nuance is with the running scheme), and suddenly expect them to become high quality WRs.

That is why we’re frustrated Jazz. We’re angry. We’re punching pillows and slamming the trash into the can. We want this done right. We need a revolution! And I hereby run for President of the United States!

Blog Entries

You will not silence us Charles!

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I'm pretty sure some Ravens fans would be okay if we started Boykin, Proche, and a Fathead of Anquan Boldin taped to a scarecrow at WR in 2021... I wonder what Jeremy Butler and Tim White are up to these days, maybe give them a ring as well
    Ahh yes the Jeremy butler and Tim white hype. What was the name of the small white wr we drafted in like the 6 or 7th that the board spent months saying was the next wes welker

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You will not silence us Charles!
    Magneto i'm not trying to silence you guys. I just really want to understand but you made some good points.So in regards to Devante Adams I know that The Packers had Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson as their starting receivers at the time but in 2015 that was the year Nelson missed time due to a torn acl.I'm sure there probably was a spot light on Adams to atleast step up in Nelson absence but he didn't. Instead he finished the season with 400+ yards and averaged 9.7 yards per catch which later on lead to articles or even fans wondering if he was a bust or if he should be cut. I'm well of aware of Greg Roman passing concepts but i'm not sure if it's entirely at a high school level.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Ahh yes the Jeremy butler and Tim white hype. What was the name of the small white wr we drafted in like the 6 or 7th that the board spent months saying was the next wes welker
    Campanero!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    What was the name of the small white wr we drafted in like the 6 or 7th that the board spent months saying was the next wes welker
    Quote Originally Posted by TecmoRaven View Post
    Campanero!
    The pride of Howard County! Michael Campanaro went to River Hill HS in Clarksville.

Dude could play. Couldn't stay on the field, but could play when he was available.

Blog Entries

Courtesy of SimplyAS10
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    ... I just would like to see the offense have more balance in the passing game and actually use receivers to their strengths a bit more.
    Run/pass balance is Greg's "thing" so I would be surprised if the ratio changes significantly.

I would love to see the WRs used better though.
    Based on his returns and reverses it seems pretty clear the Duvernay's acceleration and strength translate to the NFL.
    Duverany could be the targetted player that sparks the currently non-existent WR screen game.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    A more generous helping than the one for Cian / QB Datamine.

They left out the one Boykin dropped from Huntley on the back-shoulder throw down the left sideline @Pittsburgh.

Blog Entries

Many of the drops are open for debate all around. And not just in these cut-ups but in the recorded team drops....16.....26...a couple of Andrews “drops” I don’t consider drops.
    But 1 drop seems to be the settled number for Miles’s drops.
    Last edited by edromeo; 02-16-2021 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Because Jazz, in order to actually develop those WRs, you need INFRASTRUCTURE. You can’t just draft a handful of guys, throw them into this offense all at once and then say, ‘Welp, we tried’. That is not how you develop WRs. That just makes it look like you drafted them, because you had no choice, because no one else of note will even come here without you overpaying.

Look at who else the Packers had at WR, during Adams’ first two seasons. Look at the passing scheme that Green Bay has. THAT is how you develop a WR. You have established guys, he gets to play opposite them and get some one on one, in a passing scheme that helps to get him open, while he learns his way. So that, when those other WRs move on, he can then become the top guy.

You don’t draft three guys in two years, throw them into the lowest volume passing offense in the league, in a scheme that we saw in high school, where their routes are basically set up to create space for the run and occasionally take the top off of a defense, with little to no nuance (All of the nuance is with the running scheme), and suddenly expect them to become high quality WRs.

That is why we’re frustrated Jazz. We’re angry. We’re punching pillows and slamming the trash into the can. We want this done right. We need a revolution! And I hereby run for President of the United States!
    So you want to completely change the offense and all the greatness that has been Lamar the last 2 seasons to make sure the WR are "developed" properly? Yeah I'm sure they will be right on that. Oh and I'm not angry at all by having an offense that scores more than any other team in the league the past 2 years, the WR could have 0 yards for all I care as long as that is the case. You know what "develops" players. Time. Reps. To expect them (as 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th rounders) to be thrown into the fire year 1...or 2 and be a finished product is unrealistic.

This will never be a pure passing offense as long as Lamar is QB, and that is fine. The sooner you accept this is when you stop being angry we don't have three 1000yd WR, because it isn't going to happen. We need to have the most EFFICIENT passing game, not the most voluminous one. We had it in 2019, and we can have it again as long as steps are taken to rebuild the Oline to what it was that year.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Many of the drops are open for debate all around.
    Sure. And ignoring your general point for a moment, THIS vid in particular is on the "reckless" side, in the sense that it includes just about every play that might be a drop. Gives no leeway to the receiver (or credit to the defender) at all.

Which is why I'm surprised not to see that back-shoulder throw from Huntley to Boykin at Pittsburgh in the vid.