Mark Ingram 8 6 50 8.3 0 6.3
    J.K. Dobbins 24 18 120 6.7 0 5.0
    James Proche 3 1 14 14.0 0 4.7
    Dez Bryant 11 6 47 7.8 2 4.3
    Justice Hill 5 5 20 4.0 0 4.0
    Luke Willson 3 1 12 12.0 0 4.0
    Patrick Ricard 12 9 45 5.0 1 3.8
    Eric Tomlinson 1 0 0 0 0.0

And with a stunning, come-from-behind finish, on the strength of the longest pass-play for the Ravens this season, your boy Miles Boykin moves in front of Marquise Brown and Mark Andrews, to finish in front of them in yards-per-target for the second straight year!

Remarkable that Gus tightened his grip on the number one spot.

Eric Tomlinson still not in PFR's season-box for the Ravens. On Dec 30 they sent me this email:

"I'll confer with our team if we should be listing players with a target but no actual receptions there, thanks for the note."
    I don't get how it's a question whether to list players who get targets. Maybe the person who sent me that is new.

Here's your game-leaders in yards-per-target for the season finale:

Player YPT
    Miles Boykin 21.5
    Gus Edwards 10.0
    Marquise Brown 5.1
    Mark Andrews 3.9
    Devin Duvernay 0.0
    A low-volume day.

Target Distribution

WR Targ TE Targ RB Targ
    Marquise 100 Mandrews 88 Dobbins 24
    Snead 48 Boyle 17 Gus 13
    Boykin 33 Luke Willson 3 Ricard 12
    Duvernay 26 Eric Tomlinson 1 Ingram 8
    Dez 11 Justice 5
    Proche 3
    221 109 62
    WR 56.4% TE 27.8% RB 15.8%
    Last Year: 42.9% Last Year: 42.5% Last Year: 14.6%
    NFL avg: 60% NFL avg: 21% NFL avg: 20%

Marquise with double Snead's targets on the year, three times as many as Boykin, four times as many as Duvernay. That's not justified by his play this season, though thankfully he's been coming on lately. This passing offense would be more effective if they were more diverse in their usage of WRs.

But as noted before, a strange year. A lot of adjusting by all parties.

Weird that Gus has gotten more targets than Dobbins over the past five games. Well, I guess not "weird" when we see what Gus has done with them! But certainly unexpected. They're both really good weapons in the passing game. Would like to see them more involved next year.

Overall, we threw it about 75 to a hundred times less than I expected we would this season. Lamar's attempts declined from last year! Not what I thought would happen. I don't think that was all by Roman's plan: I think some of it was covid and some of it was OL struggles, and some of it was a back-to-basics approach when the season was on the brink. A little more play from backup QBs in important spots.

It probably doesn't reflect anything about the plan for next year. Probably.

Re: Ravens pass-catchers 2020 reg season

21% of Boykin's catches result in TD's

I'd like to see us run more screens to be honest it seems like a waste to have a player like Duvernay and use him as little as we do.

4. Re: Ravens pass-catchers 2020 reg season

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Eric Tomlinson still not in PFR's season-box for the Ravens. On Dec 30 they sent me this email:

I don't get how it's a question whether to list players who get targets. Maybe the person who sent me that is new.
    Huh, that's not the answer I expected, but I didn't find a single player listed in that table in the Ravens 25 season history who had a target but no receptions or rushing attempts. Agree that it's a weird choice to intentionally exclude those players. (Also, random fact of the day: Deion had 2 targets in 2004).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Screens w/b good-also pitch-outs to Dobbins. Perhaps the line isn't fast enough to get out in front on plays like that.

Blog Entries

God.........makes me sick.

Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/QBDataMine/statu...95032026701830

^^ Ravens drop reel. Worth a watch......i wish JZC chart included other receiver stats like drop%

For those that want to find a great resource for advanced stats on WRs check this place out:

https://www.playerprofiler.com/

it's not pay-walled.....yet
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

As embarrassing as that was, it is not at all surprising for a Ravens team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    As embarrassing as that was, it is not at all surprising for a Ravens team.
    That video was surprising to me cause I expected a bunch of difficult catches but a lot of those throws were dimes smh

This looks like a Ravens passing stat table from 2002, not something that we should be seeing in 2020 with one of the best young QB's in the game... it makes me kinda sick how little we've evolved philosophically since the 00's.

They had a brief renaissance in the early 2010's where they actually began to prioritize the passing weapons... won a Super Bowl.... then reverted right back to the antiquated philosophy. This organization has no doubt left a Lombardi or two on the table by not prioritizing the WR position

"Play defense and run the dang ball, leave that fancy passing non-sense for the pretty boys teams!"

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    This looks like a Ravens passing stat table from 2002, not something that we should be seeing in 2020 with one of the best young QB's in the game - it makes me kinda sick how little we've evolved philosophically since the 00's.
    I don't think it was philosophy this year. I think they tried to "expand the passing game" in the first few weeks of the season. And completely stepped on their own dicks; a lot of it due to pass-blocking issues.

After Lamar came back from covid they were in a back to basics, "survive & advance" mode.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoj View Post
    That video was surprising to me cause I expected a bunch of difficult catches but a lot of those throws were dimes smh
    I do like the way the video was made though. They focused on catches that are more likely to be universally agreed upon as ‘should be’ catches.