Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Blog Entries

Re: Black Monday

The Bengals are saying that Zac Taylor is returning for 2021

We'll see if the other things that RWT posted happen as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Not shocking. Bengals love mediocrity. Zac Taylor was one of the worst HC hires in recent memory. Not qualified at all to be a HC - he was an avg OC at UC and then was QB coach for Mcvay.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    What I'm reading from the Buckeye boards, Urban Meyer to Jax is a done deal. Hearing he is picking the GM he wants as well, name floated out there Scott Pioli. Urban has alot of admiration for Belichek so look for him to surround himself with BB guys.

Day is not leaving OSU for Jax. He is a great situation, can write his own check at OSU and has some monster recruiting classes coming in next 2 yrs.
    Man, it's not a money name or sexy hire, but I honestly think someone like Jim Caldwell would be good for a franchise like Jax.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wecoxepa View Post
    He'd be a fool. Shah's kid is worse than Snyder.
    With the money I'm hearing he will be making, I would not consider Urban Meyer a fool.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Man, it's not a money name or sexy hire, but I honestly think someone like Jim Caldwell would be good for a franchise like Jax.
    Good call..and the NFL will most certainly push that as it checks off boxes and with an undesirable owner...as Jim C. did for the Fords...but Khan inherited/went down the retread route with Coughlin (who came close to delivering)....before the Khan kid assumed control and derailed that "next best team". Jalen Ramsey, et al wanted out for a reason.

With the money I'm hearing he will be making, I would not consider Urban Meyer a fool.
    True, but he's going to haul it in anywhere. He doesn't need the job. Fla has the climate going for it but he will get, or has, word that the Khan kid is a nightmare. I still think it's a play on his agent's part to put the desirable teams on notice...or even Jax side to create a "momentum"...like the Charlestown Chiefs relocation myth.

Blog Entries

Hopefully Tony Khan sticks to losing a fortune in wrestling and stays away from the Jaguars

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wecoxepa View Post
    Good call..and the NFL will most certainly push that as it checks off boxes and with an undesirable owner...as Jim C. did for the Fords...but Khan inherited/went down the retread route with Coughlin (who came close to delivering)....before the Khan kid assumed control and derailed that "next best team". Jalen Ramsey, et al wanted out for a reason.

True, but he's going to haul it in anywhere. He doesn't need the job. Fla has the climate going for it but he will get, or has, word that the Khan kid is a nightmare. I still think it's a play on his agent's part to put the desirable teams on notice...or even Jax side to create a "momentum"...like the Charlestown Chiefs relocation myth.
    I can't speak of the owner and how he is to work with, all I know is he is mega rich.

Jax is prolly the most desirable job on the market IMO.
    - #1 pick -> can select qb you desire
    - lots of cap space -> think close to $100M available
    - lots of draft capital this yr
    - some good young pieces in place -> Chark, Jack, Shenault, JRob, Henderson
    - Not a juggernaut division -> Watson is the only star QB and the Texans have no draft capital or weapons, Indy and Ten are meat and potatoes team but not like going up against a stud qb for the next decade like the Chargers job

Blog Entries

What I'm reading from the Buckeye boards, Urban Meyer to Jax is a done deal. Hearing he is picking the GM he wants as well, name floated out there Scott Pioli. Urban has alot of admiration for Belichek so look for him to surround himself with BB guys.

Day is not leaving OSU for Jax. He is a great situation, can write his own check at OSU and has some monster recruiting classes coming in next 2 yrs.
    If he wants to coach in the NFL he won't get a better situation. They love him in Jax, and they have #1 pick and tons of cap space

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

We'll see if the other things that RWT posted happen as well.
    RWT is like EF Hutton

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    He got Detroit into the playoffs twice and they fire him. He was done dirty up there.

Blog Entries

I can't speak of the owner and how he is to work with, all I know is he is mega rich.

Jax is prolly the most desirable job on the market IMO.
    - #1 pick -> can select qb you desire
    - lots of cap space -> think close to $100M available
    - lots of draft capital this yr
    - some good young pieces in place -> Chark, Jack, Shenault, JRob, Henderson
    - Not a juggernaut division -> Watson is the only star QB and the Texans have no draft capital or weapons, Indy and Ten are meat and potatoes team but not like going up against a stud qb for the next decade like the Chargers job
    except there is this: Jaguars owner Shad Khan said he had roster control in 2020 and will make sure GM coming in knows he will keep that control for now, at least.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Kingsbury is a pretty terrible head coach.

Should've never been given the job but im sure he'll get plenty of time to prove himself.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed