Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Trickle down economics is what we thought it was...

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    And we keep letting Republicans off the hook! I was going to answer several others in other threads but got caught up. This has been proven over and over that trickle down economics is complete hogwash and does nothing to help the majority of the people. It does nothing to help wages grow with inflation, or allow everyday hardworking people to reap the benefits of the greatest and largest economy of all time. The gap between CEO and employee earning has LITERALLY increased by many orders of magnitude just over recent decades. The average American family can't handle a sudden $500 expense, while families used to easily be able to afford a family on one salary.

A new study has proven what we've all known to be true. This is just another example of give money away to their corporate friends but refuse to give us back $2000 of our OWN MONEY in a time when many Americans DESPERATELY need it. It's truly sad.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...?sref=AMvrlaMu

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    This makes no sense. The proof of trickle down working is look at the wealth of the poverty in this country compared to the world. Just because you label someone that has a 2 bedroom home, job, car, ac, cable, cell and eats at restaurants as poverty, doesnt make them poor. If trickle down didn’t work, the poor in this country wouldn’t be considered top 10% in other countries.

2. Re: Trickle down economics is what we thought it was...

Found this in about a ten second Google search....I imagine there is a plethora of info out there, if "someone" wanted to find it.

"In 2015 The US Census Reported that there were 2.6 million black or African American-owned firms nationally in 2012, up from 1.9 million or 34.5 percent from 2007."

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    First of all, I've never ever advocated for increased wages as a means to equalize the paying field. I've always pointed out the ISSUE of inequality of wages. I've always been a proponent of the way Andrew Yang proposes a trickle up economy which has little to do with a government mandated wage increase, and is also a valid method proposed by many economists (UBI).

Second of all, it's completely disingenuous to list out jobs and wages as if they're in a vacuum. The person who made $50,000 in 1990 was probably working within a union with benefits, they probably had student loans at a fraction of what the 2020 person had. Their housing was significantly cheaper. This is why social democrats advocate for a strong safety net. These things don't effect high wage earners whereas they still destroy the person making 75k.

Also you conveniently leave out the economic mess that Bush created

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I know this will make you look like a fool again, but I have to ask. What economic mess did bush leave us? Be specific on bush policies and agendas. Take your time

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I know this will make you look like a fool again, but I have to ask. What economic mess did bush leave us? Be specific on bush policies and agendas. Take your time
    There are still people who think the bush tax cuts are what caused 07/08.

The term government sponsored entity means nothing to them nor does Fannie, Freddie or Ginnie Mae.

Greenspan? Never heard of him, Barney Frank "I do think I want to roll the dice a little bit more in this situation towards subsidized housing.”

Gov't mandated lax lending standards? Nope can't be the problem.

Many people are financially and economically illiterate and OP is a caricature of those who drop out of FIN102.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I distinctly recall Bush making a speech in which he emphasized home increased home ownership as a policy goal of his administration. My impression was that he accelerated that bad idea hatched under the Clintons that somehow prejudice and not traditional measures of creditworthiness were responsible for some folks not getting loans to buy homes.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I distinctly recall Bush making a speech in which he emphasized home increased home ownership as a policy goal of his administration. My impression was that he accelerated that bad idea hatched under the Clintons that somehow prejudice and not traditional measures of creditworthiness were responsible for some folks not getting loans to buy homes.
    Either accelerated or didn't do enough to head off the obviously coming catastrophe.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Bush tried to rein in Freddie and https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...five-years-ago