Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: USAF Racial Disparity Review

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    The report does say that lower ranking blacks (younger) are under-tested versus their white counterparts. The disparity only exists in higher ranking members. Also, not a suprise, enlisted are tested more often than officers.

Overall,
    this report revealed enlisted members were tested at a higher rate than officers consistently from 2015 to 2019, as depicted below.
    Well we know they're at least testing some white officers in the Navy. Hunter Biden can attest to that. LOL.

Discrepancies in testing between enlisted and officers is to be expected.

Discrepancies in testing betwen white and black airmen, explainable by the above, is perfectly reasonable.

Discrepancies in testing between white and black airment, based solely on race, is racist and wrong. I'm almost certain that it isn't happening though.

Blog Entries

This individual is Mexican. Dude shouldv'e been court martialed.

But that's the problem...commanders have too much discretion. It leds to disparities and makes it hard to identify the root cause. Is that commander racist, reverse racist, sexist, or a super softy?
    Undoubtedly should have been court martialed.

Stripping commanders of discretion is likely to have unintended consequences, many of which will be negative.

And this is what I mean. Changing things to solve a problem that doesn't exist is bad policy.

So show me racism before I agree to changes to fight racism.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Undoubtedly should have been court martialed.

Stripping commanders of discretion is likely to have unintended consequences, many of which will be negative.

And this is what I mean. Changing things to solve a problem that doesn't exist is bad policy.

So show me racism before I agree to changes to fight racism.
    The problem isn't racism. The problem is the disparity. The report itself said it couldn't attribute the disparity to racism.

Should we not try to identify the root cause of the disparity and find a solution?

Taking discretion away from commanders could have unintended consequences...but that has been issue for a long time outside of this report. More operational issues with commanders discretion.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

The problem isn't racism. The problem is the disparity. The report itself said it couldn't attribute the disparity to racism.

Should we not try to identify the root cause of the disparity and find a solution?

Taking discretion away from commanders could have unintended consequences...but that has been issue for a long time outside of this report. More operational issues with commanders discretion.
    Well, again, if the discrepancy is based on age, or rank, then it really isn't a problem. We need to stop acting like discrepancies in and of themselves are "problems" or "proof of racims." (I concede that you haven't made the latter claim, though many have.)

95% of prisoners are men. That isn't because laws or the system is sexist.

There are several ethnicities which have demonstrably more negative outcomes with alcohol. That isn't because the system is racist against them.

So, no, it's not good that black airmen are facing discipline more often than their white counterparts.

But, to me, that's probably a hell of a lot more reflective about black airmen, than it is about the "system."

And any solution to keeping black airmen from committing the infractions which lead to their discipline, will probably have nothing to do with their race, and even less to do with critical race theory. On that we probably agree.

Saw that too. But if black airmen are tested more than white airmen, that would explain why they are overrepresented with positives and punishment.
    Chances are t he number tested wont change the percent who pop positive. Se

Though i didnt see where it said blacks were tested at a higher rate.

There are vastly more white airmen than black airmen. Yet we have a huge disparity. Identifying a disparity exists is the first step. Now we need to identify what is causing this disparity.

Is it racism? Like I said before unknown. Is it unconscious biases? Unknown.
    This is facts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Cut me some slack, bro. I'm not in the Air Force; this isn't my thread; and I'm not particularly keen on reading a massive academic study about racism in the AF.

I think it is reasonable to ask that others- such as yourself, who is clearly far more vested in this than I- provide a summation.

Again, though, about the drug thing: Isn't that just stating that blacks are more likely to be disciplined for using drugs?

Isn't it possible that blacks are just using drugs more than their white counterparts?
    You may not be in the Airforce and you want us to cut you slack but then disregard what a Leader in the Air Force like it holds no weight

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    You may not be in the Airforce and you want us to cut you slack but then disregard what a Leader in the Air Force like it holds no weight

Asking you for evidence to support your claims is not a cross you uniquely bear buddy.

Asking you for evidence to support your claims is not a cross you uniquely bear buddy.
    That's not what I'm saying what I'm saying is you want us to cut you slack cause you are not in the Airforce but 2 guys that have lived it and telling you that we lived it seems to mean nothing you brushed it off. Now this is no disrespect or attack bro at all

I've thought about that. Maybe culturely weed smoking is more accepted by blacks than whites in the USA. So when they enlist, they keep that habit.

But drug testing is supposed to be random. Yet blacks are drug tested more often. If whites were drug tested equally as blacks, maybe there wouldn't be a gap.
    Is there any note about drug testing repeat offenders? Could be your disparity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Is there any note about drug testing repeat offenders? Could be your disparity.
    It could be. That explains the difference in sentencing between blacks and whites that is often noted.

However, you would think there shouldn't be any repeat offenders, because this is the military, and you should get kicked out when you fail the first one.

It could be. That explains the difference in sentencing between blacks and whites that is often noted.

However, you would think there shouldn't be any repeat offenders, because this is the military, and you should get kicked out when you fail the first one.
    There aren't repeat offenders do drugs you are out