Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gender Pronouns

Gender Pronouns

I noticed my daughter had her pronouns on her instagram last night she/her and recalled that Coleman Hughes had shredded Kamal Harris recently for adding her pronouns to her facebook or something like that, as something she did because people in her bubble told her to do so...like it was phony and typical of her ... Anyway, seeing that my kid did that got my attention a little but that's my kid and she has a trans cousin so I was like whatever. I have thoughts on it but wanted to see what others think.

Blog Entries

Re: Gender Pronouns

This is the face of Marxism.

Blog Entries

What's the newest thing, there are 50 genders or there are no genders?

Honestly, it's the dumbest thing ever. The more enlightened we try to become, the dumber we show we are.

This is a "sermon" but really more of a discussion on gender/pronouns that is very thought provoking, I'd encourage you to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    This is the face of Marxism.
    Aspects of it, appear to be a form of that, yes. Compelled participation and struggle sessioning anyone who rejects that compulsion for instance.

A couple examples.

I read a post on Reddit about a liberal/democatic activist that attended a meeting with his girlfriend and it started with round circle introductions and name, where you live, and your gender pronouns.... the guy on reddit explained he stopped after where he was from and did not feel comfortable declaring his pronouns. His girlfriend gave him a lot of grief "it only takes a second to do that, WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST DO IT!"

Another is that when I noticed my kid was doing it on her instagram last night and mentioned to my wife she said her firm might make it part of everyone's email signature and I just blurted out "That's fu**ing ridiculous" and she mock clawed at my face in disapproval...

I hear her, and her sister misgender my sisters kid ALL THE TIME. We all do. CONSTANTLY even though we are trying not to. The idea you could get punished, lose your job, for accidentally doing that to someone is absurd considering we can't even get it right with a family member we are all trying really hard to support.

It's confusing as F. The brain just does that on autofill. It literally feels impossible not to do it. Maybe it's because of our history with that person from when they were a baby but I'm telling you I screw up constantly and so does her mother.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 12-17-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Aspects of it, appear to be a form of that, yes. Compelled participation and struggle sessioning anyone who rejects that compulsion for instance.

A couple examples.

I read a post on Reddit about a liberal/democatic activist that attended a meeting with his girlfriend and it started with round circle introductions and name, where you live, and your gender pronouns.... the guy on reddit explained he stopped after where he was from and did not feel comfortable declaring his pronouns. His girlfriend gave him a lot of grief "it only takes a second to do that, WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST DO IT!"

Another is that when I noticed my kid was doing it on her instagram last night and mentioned to my wife she said her firm might make it part of everyone's email signature and I just blurted out "That's fu**ing ridiculous" and she mock clawed at my face in disapproval...

I hear her, and her sister misgender my sisters kid ALL THE TIME. We all do. CONSTANTLY even though we are trying not to. The idea you could get punished, lose your job, for accidentally doing that to someone is absurd considering we can't even get it right with a family member we are all trying really hard to support.

It's confusing as F. The brain just does that on autofill. It literally feels impossible not to do it. Maybe it's because of our history with that person from when they were a baby but I'm telling you I screw up constantly and so does her mother.

Lol, I just misgendered him again above.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 12-17-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Lol, I just misgendered him again above.

Blog Entries

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

While we're at it, let's eliminate the division of Men's & Women's in individual sports; tennis, downhill skiing, etc. See if big mouth Serena can take on Fed, Djokovich, etc.

That would be fun.

It’s a mental illness. Why is the left ok with treating depression and anxiety, but not transgenderism? To normalize it just makes things worse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    The comments are GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    It’s a mental illness. Why is the left ok with treating depression and anxiety, but not transgenderism? To normalize it just makes things worse.
    I don't think it's an illness but I do think trying to normalize it and encourage it you will have people that physically mutilate themselves and regret it. I feel like this is one of those topics where the left are science deniers. The left is much, much worse at denying science than the right if the topic happens to run against politically correct notions. Anyone signalling a cautious approach on gender transitioning currently can get mauled and cancelled. Thankfully there are people who are beyond sanction, like JK Rowling, standing up for those in favor of proceeding with caution when it comes to transitioning.