Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trace McSorley

1. Re: Trace McSorley

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    So, both RGIII and Trace are out for the rest of the season (but maybe not playoffs?) Tyler Huntley could be as good as Trace as a backup, maybe.

I would think that it wouldn't be a bad idea at all to add a running QB to the practice squad. It seems like the Ravens are down 2 QBs at this point, and they probably should add one back, even if it's for a week or 3.

Again, of the young and somewhat less well known, Khalil Tate is Lamar like, in size and running ability. Khalil Tate had that one amazing streak of games in 2017, averaged over 200 yards rushing over 6 games. There weren't a lot of pro days last year, we don't know exactly what his numbers are. The Eagles had him in this spring for a short amount of time, as a WR convert, cut him, and he hasn't been on a roster.

Tyree Jackson I think is definitely someone to look at, but isn't Lamar Jackson like, as he's much bigger, 6'7 250. 4.60 40. Extremely high sparq. Top 6% - #1 of 2019. His numbers compare to Cam Newton and Logan Thomas.

1 Tyree Jackson Yes QB Buffalo 21.8 6070 249 125 1.6 94.6 Jackson 6070 249 34.25 10.25 83.75 4.59 2.67 1.59 4.28 7.09 34.5 10

Tyree Jackson does definitely seem to me as a guy who does have the size and speed for a positional convert to TE, but can also play QB. Right now I can't think of the guys on the Ravens roster who aren't on the roster as QB, but who could play QB. Yesterday, it seemed really close to "so, if Trace is out and Lamar is out, who is going to take the snaps?" I'd assume it would be running back, wildcat only, no passes, pick one. Tyree was on the Bills in the preseason, he did have a good enough preseason game, did get a preseason win, didn't get on a practice squad, then was on XFL, and led DC Defenders to a win, after Cardale Jones was injured.

It's after the trade deadline, so, can't get a QB there.

I've mentioned Terrelle Pryor many times, I think he would be a near perfect fit, because he can do both WR (which some Ravens fans complain about sometimes) and QB. It's a little bit easier to fill your roster with positional convert running QBs when it's a process than when you have an immediate pressing need.

JT Barrett, former Ohio State. Quinton Flowers, former USF, South Florida. Justin Thomas, former Georgia Tech.

Tyrone Swoopes, former Texas. He's a positional convert to Tight End, did play a bit, the Ravens are thin at TE. When the Ravens grabbed 3 street TEs at random, the Ravens could, theoretically, have picked up Tyrone Swoopes at that time. He was with the Seahawks, on practice squad mostly, but did play in the NFL, at TE. In college he was a powerful runner between the tackles, was used as the goal line TE. Had average sparq for a TE. He was with the Eagles in the preseason for a bit. It seems like a fairly reasonable and pragmatic choice to get Swoopes, at this point, because somewhat competent TE + 6'4 250 short yardage running + Texas Longhorns QB. It seems like "we have no one at QB right now" is something you don't want, and the randoms at TE aren't really better than this particular random at TE. Seeing the position the Ravens are currently in, Swoopes could be on the 53 as a TE, I'm comparing him to players like Tomlinson, Willson, Culkin, not saying he's definitely better at TE than those 3, but it doesn't seem like he's worse, and Swoopes can play QB better than those 3 TEs, and he's a good power runner between the tackles.

So, recap.

Khalil Tate. Physically similar to Lamar. 5117 217. Is young with no NFL game experience. Could be positional convert, similar to Greg Ward Jr (most catches on the Eagles) Lynn Bowden (9 catches 82 yards last game) Malcolm Perry. RB/WR - but can also play QB.

Tyree Jackson. QB with very high sparq, someone that the Ravens should bring on to the 90 for next year, because top sparq and a really really nice set of numbers for TE. He has no TE experience, but the numbers say high ceiling, and he looked competent out there at QB in preseason and XFL.

Terrelle Pryor, 93 yard rushing TD as QB, 1000 yard receiver at 6'5 233 4.38 40 (also see Kaepernick and Tebow for veteran running QBs)

There are players out there they can get, there are 3 broad categories 1) Lamar-like, limited experience, 2) TE sized for a team that is also short TEs at the moment 3) Veterans who have been stars as running QB.

And Josh Johnson is currently on the 9ers practice squad.
    So, I guess that the Eagles were paying attention to my post.

I pointed out that I thought the Ravens should get Khalil Tate and Tyree Jackson, as young backup QB / positional convert.

The Eagles this month gave both Khalil Tate and Tyree Jackson reserve/futures contracts. And the Eagles actually signed Tyree Jackson as a TE, and he's never played TE before. I've been suggesting Tyree to TE for over a year now, and, there's a real chance he turns out pretty close to Logan Thomas, who ran, threw, and had 72 catches this season. Will be interesting to me to see how that goes.

And I'd say it's more likely than not that they read my stuff about Tyree and Khalil instead of thinking this themselves, especially the convert Tyree to TE part, because they already had Khalil last year.

Re: Trace McSorley

Eagles are definitely reading every thread on this board and hundreds of other NFL boards. can you do us a favor and stop posting these great ideas cause you're just making our competition better? it's not your fault, but you yourself proved Eagles read your stuff. just think what'll happen when PIT and CLE and CIN start following you. best keep these ideas to yourself or maybe write them in a secret notebook and not tell anyone

3. Re: Trace McSorley

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    Eagles are definitely reading every thread on this board and hundreds of other NFL boards. can you do us a favor and stop posting these great ideas cause you're just making our competition better? it's not your fault, but you yourself proved Eagles read your stuff. just think what'll happen when PIT and CLE and CIN start following you. best keep these ideas to yourself or maybe write them in a secret notebook and not tell anyone
    It's obvious that the Ravens have the first dibs on the prophesies because I'm posting them here now. Except for other places I post them.

It's kinda crazy how long it takes to get from "convert Logan Thomas to TE" to Logan Thomas getting 72 catches in a season. 2015-2020.

Hoping that the Ravens bring in another youngster to training camp, or an affordable Josh Johnson type vet. McSorley played valiantly in the Stillers and Browns away games, but Trace doesn't look to possess future NFL starter qualities. Huntley should be one & done after his erratic passing vs Bills.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

5. Re: Trace McSorley

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    And, look, Tyree Jackson made the Eagles as a TE, and in the last game of the season had 3 catches including a TD. My December post mentioned Josh Johnson.

The Ravens didn't win a game after they released Trace. Coincidence? I don't think so. Wake up, Sheeple!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    The Ravens didn't win a game after they released Trace. Coincidence? I don't think so. Wake up, Sheeple!
    The Ravens didnt release Trace, The Cardinals signed him off of our practice squad

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    The Ravens didnt release Trace, The Cardinals signed him off of our practice squad
    That's what THEY want you to think.