Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Section 230

Re: Section 230

I hate section 230. The faster it goes the better.

It will put an instant end to social media and opinion pieces masquerading as news. It will make the world a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    I hate section 230. The faster it goes the better.

It will put an instant end to social media and opinion pieces masquerading as news. It will make the world a better place.
    There is a consensus on the left and the right that these personal data mining anti-competitive creeps need to be broken up. You think there is anything Fuckerberg, Bezos, or the "don't be evil" guys can do that other platforms can't? No. They raced out in front and are using their monopolies and political clout to stifle competition to the detriment of many small businesses, your privacy, your right to have a place where you can say what you think and not get put on mute etc.. all while making billions off your personal information. Lots of good reasons all around to take them down several notches.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    There is a consensus on the left and the right that these personal data mining anti-competitive creeps need to be broken up. You think there is anything Fuckerberg, Bezos, or the "don't be evil" guys can do that other platforms can't? No. They raced out in front and are using their monopolies and political clout to stifle competition to the detriment of many small businesses, your privacy, your right to have a place where you can say what you think and not get put on mute etc.. all while making billions off your personal information. Lots of good reasons all around to take them down several notches.
    The fact the libtards want it done too, will mean that it will never happen.
    Can’t do anything to make them happy.

Blog Entries

The fact the libtards want it done too
    Most accurate thing you've ever said on here.

On the contrary, the only way anything happens is if there are overlapping interests. I don't think the political left has any issues with a conservative twitter-like startup getting taken out however.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Wonder if that would take out chat services and internet forums too.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Once they figure out that we express opposition here, this will be shut down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Nice. In the meantime dump chrome. Dump gmail. Dump Firefox. Dump Google. Dump Amazon. Dump Prime. Dump Twitter. Dump Youtube. Dump Facebook. Cut the cord. Get a vpn. I now use a Brave variant, protonmail, Ebay and Newegg primarily. I cut the cord and never had a Facebook or Twitter account. Use Rumble. If you want social media jump back on Parler when they are up or Clouthub, they aren't going anywhere. Or Gab, which is amazing to me is still up and Parler isn't. I don't even care for the trolls on Gab and wouldn't use it but but its all thats left right now. I never used Twitter though so don't use it much anyway.

People act like there are not options. There are. If you are ordering things from Bezos too you are complicit. Its not hard either. Just takes a little extra work. My daughter and her friends all watched The bachelor last night on my HD Homerun tuner over digital antennae through an app in our Samsung TV. Didn't even need Plex.

Bezos is on everyone's hitlist too. Left and right hate the guy with a passion. My daughter avoids Amazon to support small business. It was part of her efforts at social justice last year. Looking for smaller minority owned online stores rather than just going to Bezos.
    Yes sir. I've canceled Netflix, no longer order from Amazon, done with Facebook (didn't really use it much anyway) use duckduckgo instead of google, only use YouTube if I HAVE to and as soon as Gab and/or Parler scale with demand I'm out of twitter to (which I only use to get info, I don't share any).

Went the the gun store/range yesterday and they said if I order and have things shipped to their store I can won't have to pay shipping as it will be delivered with all their other shipments. I'm going to do a lot more of those things in all areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Once they figure out that we express opposition here, this will be shut down.
    There is good moderation on this site so that seems very unlikely. I jumped on Gab years ago when Twitter started to ban conservatives/right leaners and was turned off by all the anti-semitic and racist content. Not sure if it was fedposters or opposition trolls or just actual racists but just found it distasteful and did not use the account at all for until the other day. They got shut down at one point too. I'm shocked they are up and Parler is not. I did not see anywhere near the level of that garbage on Parler and I think it's because you have to give them a cell phone number and that acts as kind of a brake for both trolls and losers that think free speech equals say anything I want with complete anonymity.

Bottom line Parler was not bad at all and this thing they are doing is massive anti-competitive politically driven over-reach.

It was growing explosively and represented an existential threat to the current order so it had to be cancelled.

9. Re: Section 230

Who are you and what have you done w/LittleG? Freaky man.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Yeah, what happened to Hedwig?

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Huh.

Anti-Trump doesn’t equal Lefty.

12. Re: Section 230

Huh.

Anti-Trump doesn’t equal Lefty.
    Yeah, I suppose. The issue I have w/guys like you and a couple others is how you clamor for the good ol' days of the Republican Party, which is fine. Then you always come on w/your lefty leaning statements when bashing Trump. Why not use some conservative ones? Your true colors ring loud and clear. I don't think you fool anyone. Well, maybe some Dems, as they seem to fall for damn near anything....and yourself. It's ok to not like Trump. Lots of people are in agreement, even some conservatives, but you don't see them bashing him and egging on the libs while doing so. You do that consistently.