Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Section 230

Blog Entries

Section 230

If anyone is unfamiliar with it, you should start reading up and support doing away with it.

Holy shit just got this email from YouTube.

Starting today they will remove content about election fraud...even though there are court cases about election fraud going through the system at this very moment.

Adios free speech. The bannings are coming.
    https://twitter.com/RubinReport/stat...94029111660544

Blog Entries

Re: Section 230

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    If anyone is unfamiliar with it, you should start reading up and support doing away with it.

Holy shit just got this email from YouTube.

Starting today they will remove content about election fraud...even though there are court cases about election fraud going through the system at this very moment.

Adios free speech. The bannings are coming.
    https://twitter.com/RubinReport/stat...94029111660544
    I guess Congress will have another dog and pony show and call it a hearing, bring those big tech clowns in to spin their lies and nothing will get done to stop it. It's all a big joke. Defund Congress.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I guess Congress will have another dog and pony show and call it a hearing, bring those big tech clowns in to spin their lies and nothing will get done to stop it. It's all a big joke. Defund Congress.
    I agree. 100%.

"Let's spend more taxpayer dollars questioning Facebook, Twitter, and Google....and then never do anything about it."
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree. 100%.

"Let's spend more taxpayer dollars questioning Facebook, Twitter, and Google....and then never do anything about it."
    Exactly. I hope Trump stands firm and it gets removed from the defense bill.

Blog Entries

It's really phenomenal what they are saying.

They're basically saying you can't be trusted to hear witness testimony taken under oath.

You can't be trusted to watch surveillance video of them illegally counting votes.

You can't be trusted to listen to expert analysis of the voting irregularities.

You're a fucking serf. We make the decisions for you.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    It's really phenomenal what they are saying.

They're basically saying you can't be trusted to hear witness testimony taken under oath.

You can't be trusted to watch surveillance video of them illegally counting votes.

You can't be trusted to listen to expert analysis of the voting irregularities.

You're a fucking serf. We make the decisions for you.
    Yeah, its not a good thing. People should be allowed the opportunity to see, read, hear things related to all these political and social issues.

That said, I was talking with a neighbor of mine who is a lawyer awhile back about doing away with 230. He got a big smile on his face and said he would love it. He said that once platforms are responsible for their content they will be fair game for any and everything a poster says. It will be the end of social media because under the present rules no attorney will seek damages from some anonymous poster because it would cost so much to find out who the poster was, what assets they have, and attempt to prove guilt. BUT, if you add the platform as a defendant it becomes more than financially viable.

He said he would be guaranteed a fortune litigating till the day he dies. I hate lawyers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Yeah, its not a good thing. People should be allowed the opportunity to see, read, hear things related to all these political and social issues.

That said, I was talking with a neighbor of mine who is a lawyer awhile back about doing away with 230. He got a big smile on his face and said he would love it. He said that once platforms are responsible for their content they will be fair game for any and everything a poster says. It will be the end of social media because under the present rules no attorney will seek damages from some anonymous poster because it would cost so much to find out who the poster was, what assets they have, and attempt to prove guilt. BUT, if you add the platform as a defendant it becomes more than financially viable.

He said he would be guaranteed a fortune litigating till the day he dies. I hate lawyers.
    I'd be fine with that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post

Wonder if that would take out chat services and internet forums too.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Wonder if that would take out chat services and internet forums too.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Just a SWAG on my part but I would think it would apply to them. They are forms of social media, dont you think?

10. Re: Section 230

I looked for a thread for this and this one is about the closest to this so.....anyway, I'm not a tech guru, so my knowledge of this stuff is limited. This seems to be a good thing(?) I've been hoping for a long time for something like this to come along. Can the folks w/more knowledge than I comment?

https://www.indiatimes.com/technolog...lJcnnwE0mKMAbQ

Blog Entries

Damn, I forgot about this thread.

Looks like Trump was right about 230...

WHY BIG TECH BANNINGS ARE BAD FOR AMERICA’S MARKETPLACE OF IDEAS

https://www.outkick.com/why-big-tech...lace-of-ideas/

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I looked for a thread for this and this one is about the closest to this so.....anyway, I'm not a tech guru, so my knowledge of this stuff is limited. This seems to be a good thing(?) I've been hoping for a long time for something like this to come along. Can the folks w/more knowledge than I comment?

https://www.indiatimes.com/technolog...lJcnnwE0mKMAbQ
    Nice. In the meantime dump chrome. Dump gmail. Dump Firefox. Dump Google. Dump Amazon. Dump Prime. Dump Twitter. Dump Youtube. Dump Facebook. Cut the cord. Get a vpn. I now use a Brave variant, protonmail, Ebay and Newegg primarily. I cut the cord and never had a Facebook or Twitter account. Use Rumble. If you want social media jump back on Parler when they are up or Clouthub, they aren't going anywhere. Or Gab, which is amazing to me is still up and Parler isn't. I don't even care for the trolls on Gab and wouldn't use it but but its all thats left right now. I never used Twitter though so don't use it much anyway.

People act like there are not options. There are. If you are ordering things from Bezos too you are complicit. Its not hard either. Just takes a little extra work. My daughter and her friends all watched The bachelor last night on my HD Homerun tuner over digital antennae through an app in our Samsung TV. Didn't even need Plex.

Bezos is on everyone's hitlist too. Left and right hate the guy with a passion. My daughter avoids Amazon to support small business. It was part of her efforts at social justice last year. Looking for smaller minority owned online stores rather than just going to Bezos.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 01-12-2021 at 09:46 AM.