Thread: Lorenzo Neal

Lorenzo Neal

I'm surprised his name hasn't really been brought up at all, unless I'm missing something. He was released by the Chargers.

Neal is still a terrific football player, one that helped Ladanian Tomlinson flourish under Cam Cameron in San Diego prior to Cam's departure.

Now that Neal is loose, and Cam has resurfaced in Baltimore, I can't help but think Neal could really help Willis take his game to the next level. It seemed like last year, Willis was the anti-Jamal Lewis - a guy that could make something out of nothing, making things happen when there was little to work with in terms of run blocking.

Neal could really be a cheap difference maker in this offense. Leron McLain, who I still think has a lot of ability, could learn a lot from Neal as well. And seeing as though we've typically carried two fullbacks for some godforsaken reason, perhaps this could at least push the disappointing Justin Green off the roster?

Thoughts?

Re: Lorenzo Neal

This is a very interesting thought. I would love for Neal to come to Baltimore. He kinda reminds me of a Sam Gash. Though Neal isn't very young, he's experienced, and arguably the best run-blocking full back in the NFL today. With him reunited with Cam, paving the road for McGahee, I could easily see Willis going for around 1,500-even 1,700 yds. Thinks that's unreasonable? How many thought Jamal would go for over 2,000 yds. in 2003? I think this would be a great addition, though I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed in San Diego. And I know, I know...."there are more concerns the Ravens need to focus on besides fullback." But c'mon, if Lorenzo Neal were available, possibly somewhat cheap, and interested in Baltimore, would you pass that up?

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16)

For the right price I'm for it. Dude is a force inside...he's like lining up another OL in the backfield.

- C -

He's not even close to an every down fullback anymore. He had extremely limited playing time for the Chargers this year. When he's in there he's still pretty good but I'd not be too interested in bringing him in really, yeah there's the veteran presence and the occasional play from him, but I'm not overly interested in bringing in a veteran mentor at fullback. McClain is good enough (a little inconsistent this year but to be expected from a rookie) but I'd far rather our backup FB be able to come in and play on ST as a wedge buster and such like than have a mentor for McClain.

I'm in favor of bringing him in, just for the right price. McGahee already has the ability to break big runs with little blocking and with Neal blocking for him McGahee would really be a force. It'll be good pickup but I think the staff is a little more concern with other areas to give this any thought.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

I wouldn't break the bank for the guy, but if he'll take a moderately priced deal, sure. I get the feeling we might be non-tendering Justin Green. Matt Katula has done well here and I don't see why we'd cut him without someone else already in place. Lorenzo Neal mentoring McClain would be an awesome setup.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

For near a vet min deal, I'm down.

all for some more run blocking help. If we do get at a right price, Hell yeah!!

Could help the line send Willis to another 2000 yds back for the ravens. Maybe far fetch but he do blow people up.