Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Roster Fun: Do You Know The Newbies?

Injuries and COVID have combined to force the Ravens to add a number of new players to the 53-man roster. Some of these players were street FAs, some were waived by other teams, and some were practice squad players. How well do you know the roster they used on Wednesday? I put together a small quiz. I picked out 21 players and split them into 4 difficulty groups. I've given you there number. Can you give me their name?

Warm Up
    Number Name

Turkey Hole
    Number Name

All-Out Blitz
    Number Name

Rats
    Number Name

Full disclosure: If I could give the list to me before I made it, I don't think I'd be able to get all of these right, the last two categories in particular.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

Re: Roster Fun: Do You Know The Newbies?

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Injuries and COVID have combined to force the Ravens to add a number of new players to the 53-man roster. Some of these players were street FAs, some were waived by other teams, and some were practice squad players. How well do you know the roster they used on Wednesday? I put together a small quiz. I picked out 21 players and split them into 4 difficulty groups. I've given you there number. Can you give me their name?

Warm Up
    Number Name
    Hollywood
    Queen
    Dez
    Ngakoue

Turkey Hole
    Number Name
    The Savior at QB
    Williams
    ?
    Castillo
    Willson
    Cullen
    Cullen

All-Out Blitz
    Number Name
    Harris
    ?
    Castillo
    Bredson
    ?

Rats
    Number Name
    Huntley
    Castillo
    Bredson

Full disclosure: If I could give the list to me before I made it, I don't think I'd be able to get all of these right, the last two categories in particular.
    ...That was harder then I expected...a lot of guessing
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Tomlinson is one of those 80’s

Tough Quiz after #29

33 - Bonds
    82 - Willson
    28 - Harris
    97 - Rivers?

Rest I have no clue

Great thread.

I was lost after the second table. 29's not Earl Thomas?

Blog Entries

We may have to wait awhile until they mature :

At least the guy on the right has a mind of his own... Bc

Blog Entries

great thread

I was googling numbers during the Pitt game I’ll admit

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

8. Re: Roster Fun: Do You Know The Newbies?

Thanks for trying it out everybody! I'll post the answers a bit later (want to give everyone a chance). If you're too impatient to wait that long, PM me.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

33 Bonds forced that fumble on the punt?
    big-time play. keep him.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

CB Terrell Bonds
    Memphis of the AAF
    colleged at Tennessee State

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/20...-ravens-chiefs
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

11. Re: Roster Fun: Do You Know The Newbies?

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    33 Bonds forced that fumble on the punt?
    big-time play. keep him.
    Terrell Bonds wears jersey number 38. He is also currently on IR. 33 is Davontae Harris, a CB recently signed off waivers from the Broncos. He replaced Peters for 4 plays in Q3 and had a huge PD near the goal-line at (Q3, 00:46).

12. Re: Roster Fun: Do You Know The Newbies?

I want to bump the answers to page 2, so here's a quick post with some details of the recent signings.

Per my research, 3 Ravens made their professional debuts on Wednesday. 2 others made their NFL debuts (having played in the XFL and AAF). 3 more players made their 2020 debuts, and 3 made their Ravens debut (10 players total here, as 1 player made both his 2020 debut and his debut for the Ravens simultaneously).

6 of those players have been on the practice squad the entire season (signed on 2020/09/06). 1 was added on 2020/09/22, 2 others were added in November (2020/11/17 and 2020/11/24). All of these players were called up to the active roster on game day as replacements for players on the COVID reserve.

The final player of those 10 was claimed on waivers on 2020/11/18 but was not added to the active roster until 2020/11/30.