Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The new normal.

The new normal.

Anyone else notice that since the riots this summer, Wall Street and Hollywood are feeling white guilt. Blacks are what, 15% of the population, but it seems like most new shows and commercials would make you think it is 85% blacks.

So my question to the brothers and sisters here. Do you appreciate that? Or just feel like you are being played?

2. Re: The new normal.

Just hush up and fall in line, Comrade

https://youtu.be/5wCUlPNlQuA

Re: The new normal.

It's a free country. Stop watching TV if you don't like seeing more black faces on the tube.

Flip the channel during commercials.

Personally, I've seen alot of interacial families on TV. And I love it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

No, the new normal is half the country is gay.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    No, the new normal is half the country is gay.
    I thought it was transgender

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Anyone else notice that since the riots this summer, Wall Street and Hollywood are feeling white guilt. Blacks are what, 15% of the population, but it seems like most new shows and commercials would make you think it is 85% blacks.

So my question to the brothers and sisters here. Do you appreciate that? Or just feel like you are being played?
    lol seeing black people is burning you up huh....here's the cold hard truth....black people make stuff cool. If a black person is involved, more people are likely to buy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    lol seeing black people is burning you up huh....here's the cold hard truth....black people make stuff cool. If a black person is involved, more people are likely to buy.
    That's not what he was asking.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    It's a free country. Stop watching TV if you don't like seeing more black faces on the tube.

Interesting how you viewed that. Read it again. And again. And again. I never suggested I had a problem with it. It was a question to the brothers and sisters to see if they felt manipulated.

But your reply does give us a view of your inner thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Ahh. Another closet hater. Amazing how much hate is deep inside the left. What makes you think I had a problem with it?

Classic example of projection.

A little behind the times?

“You look like the attractive, yet non threatening, racially diverse cast of a CW show”.

It was such an obvious thing that Supergirl broke down the 4th wall to announce it 4 years ago.
    For about the last decade roughly “the left” including media and mass market broadcast has been intensely focused on finding smaller and smaller niche minorities to focus on and dramatically over sample to “make reparations for” the past century of “whitewashing”.

So to rephrase the OP, is it a good thing to be “tokenized” and know that roles are being handed to “you” instead of earning them for being the best option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    A little behind the times?

“You look like the attractive, yet non threatening, racially diverse cast of a CW show”.

It was such an obvious thing that Supergirl broke down the 4th wall to announce it 4 years ago.
    For about the last decade roughly “the left” including media and mass market broadcast has been intensely focused on finding smaller and smaller niche minorities to focus on and dramatically over sample to “make reparations for” the past century of “whitewashing”.

So to rephrase the OP, is it a good thing to be “tokenized” and know that roles are being handed to “you” instead of earning them for being the best option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This could be a small part of it. Mainly, I am seeing it on ads, with no speaking parts. So we can’t tell if they are good or bad actors. Clearly, they are being hired for their looks. But ads have done that for years. You never see obese people in ads, and they make up a majority of this country.

There are two shows in particular that I have seen. Both are dominated by minorities. A few token whites here or there. But both of these shows are bad. And bad acting all around. So again, hard to tell if they intentionally picked bad actors. Or if the entire show is bad, and the actors are just suffering from poor writing, directing, producing.

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post

I don't think white people care that much. I will sometimes joke to my wife about commercials or TV shows that are clearly following a "one of eachism" formula. I think where white people get upset is people telling them they are bad or guilty of something simply for being white. I think that would bother me if I was black too. I also have no problems with black-centric programming and casting. Based on that why should anyone else get upset if there are not X number of people of race Y, and sexual orientation Z etc.. in a show on TV? Seems only mostly white, CIS type shows get hammered for that.