Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: From what I saw, Effort was not an issue

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    okay I can understand your point to an extent but it ends there.

The defense has been pretty good all year and they played their ass off in this game and held the steelers for the most point and realisticlly gave up what 9 points with the missed extra point.

This is where it ends though.

You give Harbaugh credit for his team being ready to play? But his greatest failure was starting RGIII who was single handily the reason for this loss.
    He fumbled the hand off on the 20 yard line, Steelers 3 points.
    He throws a pick six, steelers 6 points

Heading into 4 1/2 quarters of football he has 25 yards passing. That shit is not going to cut it.

This teams head coach should have started Trace Mcsorely who might have given this team an opportunity to win.

The Offensive line played better than expected, the defense played pretty damn good. But RGIII looked terrible and he should have been benched before the injury
    Stop it!!!! Trace McSorley was not giving this team a chance to win against the Steelers. RG3 had the horrendous pick. The fumble was the result of not have practice reps to get timing down. Did you McSorely fans forget that Minkah dropped an int right before the TD. That TD only happened because the Steelers were sitting on routes trying to pad stats. RG3 may not be the answer but neither is McSorely. The fact that this was even a game tells you all you need to know about the Steelers. Down 9+ starters including you two centers all of your TEs, your QB, you top edge rusher, you two top DL and you win by 5 pts. If I am Tomlin I'm pissed. If I'm the Ravens I'm just waiting to get healthy. They have to believe that the Steelers won 2 games that they had no business winning.

I tell you how funny these games are... last year the difference in the game in Pitt is the JuJu fumble staying in bounds. The difference in this game is two potential fumbles going out of bounds. If Diontae Johnson's fumble stays in bounds late in the 4th we could be having a different conversation right now. It is quite literally just the way the ball bounces.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothSeph View Post
    Right. No one expects RG3 to be Lamar, but if you don't trust your back up to throw the ball why is he your back up?

That 3rd and 10 run that knocked us out of field goal range was one of the most pathetic play calls I've ever seen.
    He was playing for the FG. You have a backup OL. Don't put RG3 in harms way and take the sure 3.

LMFAO!

Mcsorely looked better you just refuse to admit it and eat your words. Grow up

Harbaugh continues to play the wrong players.

Look how lousy Skura has played yet he contiued to get reps.
    All year everyone has been wanting Edwards and we continue to see Ingram.

You cant blame the hindsight shit on the truth. Sometime truth hurts you just have to accept it
    McSorely nearly threw the pick right before the stupid DB foolishly attempted to jump the route and Hollywood scored the TD. If Minkah doesn't drop the pick you would probably be calling Trace trash.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Did you see how McSorely looked the last time ANY of us saw him play (LAST year's preseason games)? He was HORRIBLE. Also, he was recently called off the COVID-19 list, like, three days ago. Meaning even less time to practice with this horse-blanket offense.

Yeah, dude. You're Captain Hindsight in this thread. "WHAT YA SHOULDA DONE...!"
    He looked OK

https://youtu.be/JQoZ2dH5Pxw

There wasn't a lick of difference between RG3 and Trace today...not sure what the fuss is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Another player colon-Castillo allowed little to no penetration from the nose against an excellent front 7. He’s big and strong yet stayed on the PS. Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alot of talented undrafted players didn't make The Ravens or other NFL teams this year due to preseason games being cancelled from covid 19. Teams like The Ravens simply didn't have enough game tape to judge a guy like Colon and i'm not really sure why this is considered a knock on the coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoj View Post
    There wasn't a lick of difference between RG3 and Trace today...not sure what the fuss is about.
    Hindsight Kings. Hollywood made that play happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Alot of talented undrafted players didn't make The Ravens or other NFL teams this year due to preseason games being cancelled from covid 19. Teams like The Ravens simply didn't have enough game tape to judge a guy like Colon and i'm not really sure why this is considered a knock on the coaching staff.
    Facts, especially the preseason. You can only tell so much from practice.

You rolled in talking that hindsight shit.

Just admit it. RGIII looked like trash as usual and Mcsorely for the small sample we saw looked better is that too hard?

I have an easier time beleiving this team might have had a chance at a win had he played the entire game or damn, atleast a half.
    The entire 3rd quarter RGIII has I think 5 freaking passing yards.

How do you expect a team to perform with that??? If Harbaugh cannot see how shitty he was playing then there is a coaching problem
    Great posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Look at this guy over here pretending McSorely was the sure-fire better backup without a preseason and hardly any practices this year - especially given how godawful he looked LAST preseason. Griffin is barely replacement level, but Trace McSorely has done literally jack shit in the NFL. You don't start him when your team still has a winning record.

Everybody on this board has perfect hindsight, I swear to god.
    Lol facts! The funny thing is that I bet dollars to Donuts that if they had started McSorley & he had come in & bummed it up, many of the same folks that I've seen going on about starting him would be ready to burn down the castle along with effigies of Roman, Harbaugh and whoever the hell else for not going with the veteran that has at least seen a good amount of NFL action! Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by smoothSeph View Post
    Right. No one expects RG3 to be Lamar, but if you don't trust your back up to throw the ball why is he your back up?
    This!
    It was apparent from the get go that they didn't want RG3 throwing the ball much in this game.
    Now whether that's a trust issue of him or the game plan and sentiment that they could run on the Steelers is debatable I suppose.
    That said....it gets to a point where the defense sees that you're not a passing threat and starts stacking the box.
    Too many times our RBs were stuffed or limited to no or very short gains on 1st down putting us in bad down and distance situations. (Almost the whole game)

They have RG3 here as the back up because he can play a similar style as Lamar but not nearly as effective as Lamar is from a running aspect and obviously not from a passing aspect either.
    They don't/didn't want to have to play a backup QB that can't run the same type of offense that is run with Lamar.
    In other words...a drop back pocket passer with no real running ability.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    He’s been on the practice squad since October. They’ve seen him plenty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk