Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Moral victory?

Re: Moral victory?

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Dan Snyder can overpay Ngakoue if he isn’t going to show up for Steelers games.
    Kind of a bummer I thought guy was going to be legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This. They get paid to compete.
    And they competed. They Ravens gave themselves a chance to win the game. Defense played about as good as you could have expected. Ball didn't bounce there way. They forced 2 fumbles and both of them bounced out of bounds.

Not gonna read the rest of the posts as it’ll just sway my opinion more negatively.

But absolutely that’s a moral victory. I don’t see this team walking away from this game feeling bad. We were supposed to get absolutely blown out. We were competitive the entire game and if Harbaugh manages the clock a little better we may have even won.

By this point we’ve given the blueprint to the rest of the league on how to run the ball and defend the pass against the Steelers. They aren’t getting through the Chiefs in the playoffs and I see them struggling against some other playoff teams too.

We have a lot of backups now that should have a huge confidence boost. Even Hollywood could potentially snap out of his funk now.

I could definitely see this team going on a run with the amount of starters that have effectively had another bye week and a chance to reset.
    Last edited by DeltaRaven; 12-02-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 00000 View Post
    Lets not forget the pick-6 and Q1 fumble - still it was a good game. The boys made me proud .
    Worse was the sideline burning the last timeout so that a rusty RG3 & rag-tag OLcan't stop the clock after the TE pass to endzone (a catch Boyle, Andrews, or Snead prolly make). We get 3 there and let Tucker try from 50+ in 3Q (he was the best/only scoring weapon on the field for us today. Duh!) 3 moere there and itt might have been a different outcome. With the exception of Wink, our coaching sucked today & too often this year

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Not gonna read the rest of the posts as it’ll just sway my opinion more negatively.

But absolutely that’s a moral victory. I don’t see this team walking away from this game feeling bad. We were supposed to get absolutely blown out. We were competitive the entire game and if Harbaugh manages the clock a little better we may have even won.

By this point we’ve given the blueprint to the rest of the league on how to run the ball and defend the pass against the Steelers. They aren’t getting through the Chiefs in the playoffs and I see them struggling against some other playoff teams too.

We have a lot of backups now that should have a huge confidence boost. Even Hollywood could potentially snap out of his funk now.

I could definitely see this team going on a run with the amount of starters that have effectively had another bye week and a chance to reset.
    Who the hell cares who the Steelers can or can’t get passed in the playoffs?

The question is can we get past anyone in the playoffs? Who gives a shit about the Steelers unless we play them.

Some here are more worried about the Steelers losing than the Ravens winning it seems like.

6. Re: Moral victory?

On to the Cowboys. Full strength seems like we could've easily won this 2nd matchup, but this was always bound to be an L, did have it's share of pleasant surprises though. Gear up and get healthy for a run. We're still a playoff team in my book

“Lose the battles, win the war.”

The Ravens are a combined 0-4 against the three teams (Chiefs, Steelers, Titans) that stand in their way of their third Super Bowl. If both players and coaches absorb the lessons to be learned, and they survive the road to the postseason, there is no obstacle that cannot be overcome IF they have sufficient leadership, self discipline, and resolve to make it happen.

Only time will tell - if the season is allowed to continue.

CCx

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    “Lose the battles, win the war.”

The Ravens are a combined 0-4 against the three teams (Chiefs, Steelers, Titans) that stand in their way of their third Super Bowl. If both players and coaches absorb the lessons to be learned, and they survive the road to the postseason, there is no obstacle that cannot be overcome IF they have sufficient leadership, self discipline, and resolve to make it happen.

Only time will tell - if the season is allowed to continue.

CCx
    Beating any/all those teams to WIN the Super Bowl will make the journey that much more satisfying.

Blog Entries

There are no moral victories in the NFL, so no, it's just a loss. That doesn't mean you can't discover something about yourself after a loss, and build on that.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Beating any/all those teams to WIN the Super Bowl will make the journey that much more satisfying.
    We were just that fortunate in both 2000 and 2012. The common denominator was Ray Lewis. Can we accomplish it again without him? The 2014 playoff win in Pittsburgh (the only Baltimore postseason victory versus Pittsburgh dating back to 1971) suggests that we can.
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 12-02-2020 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    There are no moral victories in the NFL, so no, it's just a loss. That doesn't mean you can't discover something about yourself after a loss, and build on that.
    In my mind that’s exactly what a moral victory is.

Ask the Redskins on moral victory