Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: The reffing in the NFL is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Mine is the illegal contact. Is it within 5 yards, 10 yards .? I saw in the game Watt tried to shove Brown out of bounds beyond 10 yards.
    Yes that certainly could have been called, and has been called against Ravens' defenders several times this year on double moves.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    I honestly think it’s more childish to put your head in the sand and say “don’t blame ref, “don’t blame refs”, when refs can control the outcome of the game in football at about a 95% success rate.

To ignore this fact is idiotic. Especially if you are being targeted by refs. It’s not about “how many penalties” are called for each team.

It’s when and where they are called and the impact it has on the game.

A DPI call right before half time on a 15 yard pass that does nothing is not the same as a 15 yard dpi pass on the final play of the game to take the lead.

A moron could look and say “oh it’s even they called DPI on both sides”, but in reality they are not.

Some of you should actually research Tim Doughny the nba ref who was fixing games.

Even in basketball he had a 85% success rate! Do you realize how hard it would be to do that in basketball.

Imagine that fool determining the outcome of games and the fans on those boards going “don’t blame the refs that loss is on us”.

It sounds good, but in reality you were cheated.

And if you take the time to listen to Tim he talks about understanding when to call penalties and not call them.

He talks about stopping momentum. Things that as a fan you may not be able to quantify. But ravens start getting rolling and you get a phantom holding call that puts you at 1st and 20 instead of a long first down.

That can change the game and often does.

So I’m not saying we blame every loss on the refs. But to not take into account the impact their BAD calls have had on the outcome of our games is “childish” for lack of a better term
    Or you get a nice run wiped out because of a holding penalty that they could literally call 100% of the time but don't.

One more play that I thought was iffy, was that DPI to Claypool. Looking at that Replay, Claypool actually pushes Marlon in the back.

Blog Entries

As of today, the Baltimore Ravens wide receivers have generated 0 DPI penalties. After 12 weeks. 0. Isn't that kind if suspect? No db has held, grabbed or crossed the line to gain an advantage against our wide receivers? I know they're not that good but geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    As of today, the Baltimore Ravens wide receivers have generated 0 DPI penalties. After 12 weeks. 0. Isn't that kind if suspect? No db has held, grabbed or crossed the line to gain an advantage against our wide receivers? I know they're not that good but geez.
    And only 2 Defensive Holding and NO illegal contact.

The Ravens have had 8 DPIs, 4 Defensive HOlding and 2 Illegal Contact.

We are talking a net negative 12 first downs by penalty over 11 games. And the yardage disparity will be even worse.

It's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Damn. That's insane.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

I was really interested in what Ravensblitzkrieg posted, so I watched an interview with that NBA ref. I won't say that the NFL is fixed but refs definitely have a bias. He talked about one ref that hated Mark Cubans guts and the Mavs were like 1-15 in playoff games that ref was assigned to. That can't be a fucking coincidence.

I say that to say. The refs are pissed about Harbaugh taking his mask off to yell at them and it is showing.

Pete Gilbert on channel 11 news last night ran a story on what a bad game the referees had. It was nice to see somebody in the media take the time to show what fans are so tired of seeing in the games and nobody in the media takes the time to show the plays they are complaining about.