Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The reffing in the NFL is a joke

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    They give the runner a good spot still short give the 1D anyways. Then they review the call not only do they not move the ball back but they don't reverse the bogus 1D.

What a f'n joke
    TV shot showed the ball about 2 inches short.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedE View Post
    At least for Hill's near TD, it looks like he was short by the width of a 9th stringer's broken knee.

Attachment 5436
    Wilson manged to prevent two offensive touchdowns. Impressive!
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Blog Entries

Regarding the end of half - remember when Harbs had the team bear hug the Bengals until the clock expired, and ignore the flags?

found the video - it works both ways on the gamemanship. We would've done same thing to end first half

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Regarding the end of half - remember when Harbs had the team bear hug the Bengals until the clock expired, and ignore the flags?

found the video - it works both ways on the gamemanship. We would've done same thing to end first half

Yup. I totally don't blame the Steelers for doing it; they had nothing to lose...worst case is a half the distance to the goal penalty (maybe 1/2 yard). The problem was with the refs, who ALLOWED it and didn't stop the clock or call a penalty.

Blog Entries

The difference is we were on offense, since it was a punt, and would have gotten a 10 second runoff to end the game even with the flags. Harbs played the rule to his advantage. A game can't end on a defensive penalty. The Steelers didn't work the rule to their advantage, the refs flat out blew the call.

Blog Entries

you can blame refs but I don't. You had to know they would do that if you ran the ball unsuccessfully with no timeouts. Refs could've called it but chose not to - you can't put it in their hands
    Last edited by Ravenswintitle; 12-03-2020 at 01:05 PM.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I do. It was close enough that I thought there should have been a booth review.
    Knee was down

Don't give me this lost because of bologna..... They lost because they didn't play well enough. have they played better who knows the Steelers might have played better....I think they made a great effort and I'm proud of the team win or lose

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

10. Re: The reffing in the NFL is a joke

I'm not gonna blame the refs for the loss but the call was blown. In this instance, the refs properly flagged it, we were just taking advantage of the loophole in the rule (which I think the competition committee did away with after we did this right?).

The rule breaking difference is that the Steelers clearly violated a rule that should have resulted in a flag, as the broadcast ref pointed out, but the refs didn't flag it. The game was just poorly officiated all around and I'm sure won't earn those refs any good grades.

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    I'm not gonna blame the refs for the loss but the call was blown. In this instance, the refs properly flagged it, we were just taking advantage of the loophole in the rule (which I think the competition committee did away with after we did this right?).

The rule breaking difference is that the Steelers clearly violated a rule that should have resulted in a flag, as the broadcast ref pointed out, but the refs didn't flag it. The game was just poorly officiated all around and I'm sure won't earn those refs any good grades.
    Yup, both Steelers games the refs made errors affecting the clock. Remember in the first Steeler game, they kept the clock running for Balt. offense even though there was a Pittsburgh injury....friendly clock-management for the Steelers by the zebras

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

He'll get a roughing the passer penalty next game for that.