Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: The reffing in the NFL is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    I dunno. Why would an (ostensible) Ravens fan stick up for a hypothetical Steelers fan like you are doing? LOL, we can keep this up all night, bud.
    I’m not sticking up for the Steelers. I’m ridiculing people that bitch because a couple calls didn’t go the Ravens way and don’t think it didn’t happen going the other way. Sit there and blame it on the refs because we lost a football game.

Just a bunch of whiny babies on this forum.

2. Re: The reffing in the NFL is a joke

I'd just say the reffing was all around bad. They're probably giving crews a break this year on some stuff, but grades are given to all crews and that's how playoff/superbowl crews are supposed to be determined (when they make more money on bonuses). Wouldn't have wanted to be on this one tonight.

3. Re: The reffing in the NFL is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    I’m not sticking up for the Steelers. I’m ridiculing people that bitch because a couple calls didn’t go the Ravens way and don’t think it didn’t happen going the other way. Sit there and blame it on the refs because we lost a football game.

Again, I'm not blaming the refs for the loss. Why bother? Did you SEE our roster tonight? We didn't need help losing.

I'm blaming the refs for doing a shitty job of officiating the game.

Ravens lost bc we couldn't break up a pass to Dionte Johnson on 3rd down with a couple minutes left and 3 defenders around him. That was pathetic

Unfortunately, nothing new. Perhaps it is a combination of Harbaugh and Roethlisberger that creates the basis for spontaneous generation of bad officiating. For years now, John screams from the sidelines and Ben EXPECTS favorable calls. It has become a staple of Ravens-Steelers games whenever they are close on the scoreboard.

It reminds me of past Maryland-Duke games between Gary Williams and Coach K. Duke invariably received the benefit of the doubt from the referee. The Terps had to compete against both the Blue Devils AND the officials.

The best way to handle such games is with ‘a fast start’ (get the early lead and ‘hang on for dear life’). Don’t let the officiating dictate the outcome!

At least for Hill's near TD, it looks like he was short by the width of a 9th stringer's broken knee.

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 21.10.27.jpg
    Last edited by JayRedE; 12-02-2020 at 10:18 PM. Reason: minor clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post

I'm happy to criticize the referees because it is always the same shit. The Pittsburgh Steelers get the benefit of controversial calls every game and have for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    Again, I'm not blaming the refs for the loss. Why bother? Did you SEE our roster tonight? We didn't need help losing.

I'm blaming the refs for doing a shitty job of officiating the game.

The OP didn't either. Not sure where he even got that from seems like a classic strawman.

I do blame the refs for not giving us a chance to win recognizing even if the game was officiated fairly there is still a better then decent chance we lose.

The only whiny bitch is the one taking time out of his life to whine about legitimate gripes about a poorly reffed game

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    The only whiny bitch is the one taking time out of his life to whine about legitimate gripes about a poorly reffed game
    Exactly this
    "Once a Raven, always a Raven" - Q

Blog Entries

I don't know about the refs, but what lost the game was:

- RG3 pick 6
    - Inability to convert points at the end of the half. You can blame the refs for not calling delay of game, but calling a run play with under 30 seconds to go and no timeouts is risky. The real issue was burning the timeout on the play before.
    - 33 passing yards after 3 quarters. Yes I realize starters were out, but these guys are still professionals and it's all they do all day all year.
    - The Steelers run out of the clock after converting a 3rd down on a very risky pass by Ben. D can't make the stop to get the ball back.

Funny thing is, out of all the games this year I enjoyed this game the most. I hated to see them lose, but the effort was there and the backups played hard. Looking forward to these guys getting healthy and making a legit playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I don't know about the refs, but what lost the game was:

- RG3 pick 6
    - Inability to convert points at the end of the half. You can blame the refs for not calling delay of game, but calling a run play with under 30 seconds to go and no timeouts is risky. The real issue was burning the timeout on the play before.
    - 33 passing yards after 3 quarters. Yes I realize starters were out, but these guys are still professionals and it's all they do all day all year.
    - The Steelers run out of the clock after converting a 3rd down on a very risky pass by Ben. D can't make the stop to get the ball back.

Funny thing is, out of all the games this year I enjoyed this game the most. I hated to see them lose, but the effort was there and the backups played hard. Looking forward to these guys getting healthy and making a legit playoff run.

On the possible delay penalty, the sky judge should have buzzed Torbert and told him to stop play. If the announcers saw it and the former ref did, its his job to let the guy on the field know. There were 22 sec left at the end of the play. 6 when they snapped it. Should have been at least 10.

If you want to place blame its on Roman. That tight formation on 2nd down with a line of rookies and PS guys should have been spread out. Gus barely got in from the half yrd line earlier.