Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The reffing in the NFL is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    You should really check my post history if you want to dispel your notion of my being a homer. In said history, you'd even find my criticism of the horseshit RTP call on Griffin. That was followed up by a make-up phantom hold on Fluker on a would-be first down conversion on the Ravens' next drive, as well as several missed calls against the Steelers (the most egregious of which was the spot at the very end of the game).

You're arguing quality of the calls; I'm arguing BOTH quality and quantity.
    So we had two calls that were bullshit against us and they had one?

But we want to start the “refs are always against us” bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    Arguments with R4R are a lot more fun if you just pretend it’s Roger Goodell sneaking into the board to defend his league.
    Nope. Just against whiny bitches constantly blaming others. Not a good way to live life and I pray these players don’t go into the locker room and use the refs as a scapegoat.

They played hard for being down so many guys. Leave it at that and move on.

3. Re: The reffing in the NFL is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post

Sigh, alright. I didn't want to do this, but we're doing it:

Against Baltimore:
    - Missed blatant hold on Bowser in the Red Zone in Q1
    - Missed TD on Hill run at the end of the half (at the least, there should have been a booth review)
    - Missed Delay of Game penalty and stopped/reset clock at the end of the half
    - Phantom hold on Fluker on Griffin first down conversion run in Q3
    - Missed face mask on Humphrey on short dumpoff pass in Q3
    - Missed blatant hold on Bowser in the Red Zone in Q4 (play looked almost identical to the one in the 1st Quarter)
    - Tectonic shift inching the spot at the end of Q4 ending the game (which has happened TWICE IN THREE GAMES AGAINST US)

Against Pittsburgh:
    - The horrendous RTP call against Heyward in Q3.

Calls can go both ways, but egregious calls going exclusively the way of one team is bad officiating. That happened this game.

And I'm not blaming the refs for the loss - playing the Practice Squad in a regular season game had way more to do with that. But the horseshit officiating surely didn't help.
    How bout the hold on Fluker on Gus's run that stopped our drive & knocked us out of fg range?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

5. Re: The reffing in the NFL is a joke

No surprise here. As soon as I saw Ron Torbert's crew, I knew the Ravens were doomed from the beginning! He "didn't see" Urschel report eligible in 2015 @ Arizona on MNF, while wearing glasses. Now, he appears to have contacts in, and seemed to be staring right at — yet still somehow "missed" — a blatant PIT hold early on during the game this evening, which even "Steelers-Salivating" Cris Collinsworth called out on air.

That really says a lot, especially when it is coming from a guy who plenty would probably be inclined to think played for PIT when hearing him commentate their games — if less knowledgeable fans didn't know any better, that is. Anyway, these are merely two notable examples spaced apart over a span of 5 years, but there have been an abundant amount in between by the aforementioned asshole official & his crew!
    Last edited by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $; 12-02-2020 at 08:39 PM.

Sigh, alright. I didn't want to do this, but we're doing it:

Against Baltimore:
    - Missed blatant hold on Bowser in the Red Zone in Q1
    - Missed TD on Hill run at the end of the half (at the least, there should have been a booth review)
    - Missed Delay of Game penalty and stopped/reset clock at the end of the half
    - Phantom hold on Fluker on Griffin first down conversion run in Q3
    - Missed face mask on Humphrey on short dumpoff pass in Q3
    - Missed blatant hold on Bowser in the Red Zone in Q4 (play looked almost identical to the one in the 1st Quarter)
    - Tectonic shift inching the spot at the end of Q4 ending the game (which has happened TWICE IN THREE GAMES AGAINST US)

Against Pittsburgh:
    - The horrendous RTP call against Heyward in Q3.
    And you actually believe that would be it if a Steelers fan went through and cherry picked out plays like you just did?

Common get over yourself.

7. Re: The reffing in the NFL is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    How bout the hold on Fluker on Gus's run that stopped our drive & knocked us out of fg range?

Pretty sure I caught that one.

8. Re: The reffing in the NFL is a joke

And you actually believe that would be it if a Steelers fan went through and cherry picked out plays like you just did?

Common get over yourself.
    Has a Steelers fan made such an argument yet? Until that happens, maybe save your advocacy role, your Honor. =P

Has a Steelers fan made such an argument yet? Until that happens, maybe save your advocacy role, your Honor. =P
    Why would a Steelers fan come on this board and bitch and whine about the refs like you are doing?

10. Re: The reffing in the NFL is a joke

I dunno. Why would an (ostensible) Ravens fan stick up for a hypothetical Steelers fan like you are doing? LOL, we can keep this up all night, bud.

Missed Steeler Penalties:

Hold on Bowser (pointed out by Collinsworth)
    Missed delay of game at end of first half (pointed out by the broadcast ref)
    Ticky tack hold on Fluker
    Missed facemask on JuJu
    Giving the Steelers the first down when the spot was short

Bad Calls for the Ravens

BS roughing the passer on RG3

You're blind if you think this was a fairly called game.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure I caught that one.
    Yes you did

"Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed